sharetrader
Page 13 of 286 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: CNU - Chorus

I don't think CNU are necessarily slow at rolling out UFB or are rolling it out to the wrong suburbs. My big gripe is the lack of options to actually use it. Aside from some of the trial areas I think I live in one of the first suburbs to have UFB completed and it has been available for many months now. As yet though the two larges broadband providers are not offering plans and they tell me it is still some time away. Orcon have offered it to me but want me to sign up to a 12 month plus plan which I refuse to do until I see what prices the competition are offering.

I am desperate to get signed up and move away from the archaic speeds we currently have (which must still be lightning fast compared with most others in the country) and had I known it was going to take so long I would have signed with Ocon in the first place.

We can't call the UFB roll out a failure because of lack of uptake until Telecom and Vodafone actually start offering it.

Placeholder - I note the CNU thread has drifted down to page 3 in spite of being one of the most actively traded on NZX.
    I also note CNU yesterday indicated that Feb 25th is the date for its next announcement.

What to do with UFB? I'm looking forward to real time TV from around the world. French TV is often very good. In say New Caledonia its almost worth watching all day as they bring in the best from around the world in the different time zones. And their political round tables are very good, you don't get ignorant Paul Holmes types asking stupidly provocative questions that any intelligent and well read viewer already knows the answer to.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    What to do with UFB? I'm looking forward to real time TV from around the world.
    Not going to happen unless you bypass zoning restrictions (I have a US iTunes account and know others who use Proxi serves to pretend they are in the US or UK). SkyTV owns the rights to most of the sport/TV so it cant be streamed from overseas websites.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    What to do with UFB? I'm looking forward to real time TV from around the world.
    You are making the big assumption that international bandwidth will improve with UFB. Expect to see significant improvement with traffic in NZ, but international traffic won't make much difference (unless you are currently on a very slow DSL connection).

What about the recent announcement of 2 improvements to the Southern X cable - won't that improve international bandwidth?

Man the market loves the news. Up 32 cents so far. (At 12:45)
    "Contrariwise", continued Tweedledee, "If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't.
    "Today is already the tomorrow which the bad economist yesterday urged us to ignore" H Hazlitt

Blockhead is happy as well, topped up a while ago @ $2.94

.....yep nice trade $5.5k banked! In at 2.87 out at 3.15. Happy with that......go catch some real fish now.
    Have a Gr8day.

Place-holder for today :-)

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Pretty good report there to start off the week. Better hope that legislation goes their way if you're holding long-term!
    Apparently not a good report in the view of the market... Down 3.3%, even with reassurance of a 25.5cps dividend for the full year...

Another big retail sell-down, or are people worried about the additional capital expenditure mentioned in the report?

I would've thought the share price would increase judging by the report...