sharetrader
Page 132 of 286 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

I guess government will come to rescue, but condition is no dividend, nowdays no more free lunch, sp will trade below its NTA($1.2).

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post
    Since Chorus is pinning its hopes on a favourable High Court outcome, and with Christmas almost upon us, IMO it will be at least 4 months away, probably longer, before there is any significant boost to its share price (assuming the legal outcome is favourable!). Any rebound meanwhile will be short-term, technical and unlikely to be sustained.

I'm expecting a rebound to somewhere in the range 150-160 and then, until the legal uncertainty is resolved, trading in a narrow range between around 150 and as low as 130 (possibly lower depending on announcements re divi, government intervention (unlikely), etc). Anyone expecting a short-term recovery in this stock has to be dreaming. There is some trading opportunity but not a lot in my view...better prospects elsewhere for now.

BC
    I think the Government will pull a rabbit out of the hat this week or next, given the independent report will be out on Thursday. The price recommendation from Com Com will probably stay, but John Key isn't about to let Chorus hang out to dry since it would reflect terribly on the National party.

Leaving this to drag out for four months would be political hari kari in my opinion. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Banned

So Longhaul everyone must be reading Alice in Wonderland currently actually I'd put more faith in that story than a rabbit coming out of the Govts hat at the moment, maybe Nightmare on Elm street would be more appropriate reading.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    So Longhaul everyone must be reading Alice in Wonderland currently actually I'd put more faith in that story than a rabbit coming out of the Govts hat at the moment, maybe Nightmare on Elm street would be more appropriate reading.
    John Key is a deal maker, we know that. Now that he can't legislate, he will be looking at other deals that enable CNU to deliver on its contractual obligations and survive as a going concern. JK will also be highly aware of the damage this issue has caused to shareholders large and small and will be looking to reverse some of that damage. One thing JK has shown over the last few years is looking after big business, he's not about to stop.

Banned

Actually Longhaul,I had a reply from JKs office re our CNU plight my comments were duely noted and my email was sent to Tony Ryall as he is apparently in charge of these things, pass me another Tui, and by the way how do you reverse damage for shareholders that have sold out for massive losses already???

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    John Key is a deal maker, we know that. Now that he can't legislate, he will be looking at other deals that enable CNU to deliver on its contractual obligations and survive as a going concern. JK will also be highly aware of the damage this issue has caused to shareholders large and small and will be looking to reverse some of that damage. One thing JK has shown over the last few years is looking after big business, he's not about to stop.
    This is based on JK of two years ago. Me thinks he wants a third term and as it was with the Labour led govt under HC the appeasing of middle voters will know no end. This includes cries of "cheaper broadband" instead of "fibre for all".

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    This is based on JK of two years ago. Me thinks he wants a third term and as it was with the Labour led govt under HC the appeasing of middle voters will know no end. This includes cries of "cheaper broadband" instead of "fibre for all".
    Wouldnt it improve his election chances if he could announce both cheaper broadband and fibre for all.Com Com have arrived at a $10 reduction in the price chorus can charge retailers for copper.
    Maybe $5 reduction before the election might appease all without the need for high court intervention and repricing according to real cost .

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    I guess government will come to rescue, but condition is no dividend, nowdays no more free lunch, sp will trade below its NTA($1.2).
    Shareprice below NTA? I don't think Mr Market is that stupid.

So I see that Peter Dunne is about to be reinstated to cabinet. Anyone see a deal being made here?

Chalkie says - Some of the people most confused about this issue seem to be investors in Chorus, who are riled that regulatory action has roughed up their supposedly smoothly profitable path.

With that sort of comment no doubt his views will be shot down in flames

Debt at core of Chorus's fiscal fragility

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opin...scal-fragility