sharetrader
Page 151 of 286 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Today's announcements haven't exactly put a rocket under the share price have they.

Resistance at 133 will need to be broken before I'm convinced that the bears are no longer in control.

Edit: Well it took 60 mins but there's now some bullish sentiment that's lifted the sp above 133. Looks like time to buy as a short term trade.
    Last edited by Bobcat.; 11-12-2013 at 11:23 AM.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Interesting.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...170733&ref=rss

When added with the comments made by JBWere's to "Lower your NZ exposure, to all NZ securities"

From my experience when a company uses words like "find ways to address a funding gap", the result is commonly a significant decrease in the quality of materials used to finish/complete the job.

There is more than one type of fibre cable, some are high bandwidth, same are medium, some are low
    There is more than one make/model of Fibre Router. Some are industrial grade high volume devices, some... are not
    There are other "devices" required to be placed inside each Telephone Exchange where the fibre terminates... again they are either quality/ or not

This whole thing is turning into a joke, and its backfired on us the public.
    Last edited by arc; 11-12-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    Interesting.

When added with the comments made by JBWere's to "Lower your NZ exposure, to all NZ securities"
    Sue Sheldons comments ..advertising via media to the world' investors that NZ investment reputation is tarnished will not win her any friends in high places.... nor from NZ corporate.....I suspect she will activate damage control when her Xmas Cards fail to arrive in the mail....

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    Interesting.

Of course the silly cow (who has presided over horrendous costs over-runs and delays) is now trying to shift the blame to others.

DO YOUR JOB, WOMAN!

As one NBR poster summarised :

"Is Chorus NZ's worst managed and worst-governed company?

Methinks they take both prizes, exceeding even the old finance companies, the old Air NZ under private ownership, Feltex, the old Telecom - jeez the list of contenders goes on and on.

Not sure why Chorus shareholders are not demanding change in directors and senior management, who cannot run a company - a regulated monopoly! - for the benefit of shareholders."
    Last edited by Balance; 11-12-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Seemed quite straightforward to me

no dividends, a rights issue, and a degradation of service to cut costs

and everyone elses fault - commcomm and Labour/greens
    Last edited by Xerof; 11-12-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Seemed quite straightforward to me

no dividends, a rights issue, and a degradation of service to cut costs

and everyone elses fault - commcomm and Labour/greens
    Yep...That will do Xerof.........but you forgot to add performance bonuses for top management

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Yep...That will do Xerof.........but you forgot to add performance bonuses for top management
    ...and Government putting some sweetners into the CNU/CFH contract variation so as (to be seen to) recover some integrity in the NZ investment environment, without having to intervene by way of limited ownership or legislation. Key and his sidekicks will need to walk the tightrope on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Sue Sheldons comments ..advertising via media to the world' investors that NZ investment reputation is tarnished will not win her any friends in high places.... nor from NZ corporate.....I suspect she will activate damage control when her Xmas Cards fail to arrive in the mail....
    I guess she's just batting for her team like anyone would and in any case she's already in high places - on the boards of RBNZ, Contact, Freightways, Paymark.

A very staunch negotiator in my experience.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    A very staunch negotiator in my experience.
    It will interesting to see then how well she and her underlings negotiate the upcoming contract variation with CFH...Chorus's future may well depend on it.

On paper, CNU's negotiating position is not very strong and so their personal persuasiveness will need to compensate.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Of course the silly cow (who has presided over horrendous costs over-runs and delays) is now trying to shift the blame to others.

DO YOUR JOB, WOMAN!

As one NBR poster summarised :

"Is Chorus NZ's worst managed and worst-governed company?

Methinks they take both prizes, exceeding even the old finance companies, the old Air NZ under private ownership, Feltex, the old Telecom - jeez the list of contenders goes on and on.

Not sure why Chorus shareholders are not demanding change in directors and senior management, who cannot run a company - a regulated monopoly! - for the benefit of shareholders."
    Balance kicks off with a misogynistic slur and finishes it off quoting from a random bloke (who may or may not be Balance) posting anonymously on NBR.
    Consistent at least.