sharetrader
Page 153 of 286 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So mark essentially says CNU is a dog ........but a deep value play.....so lets gamble with others money.
    Gamble is right you'd probably be better off buying the same value in lotto tickets or scratches for the chance of more return, even if this dog starts barking again is there any guarantee that a future Government won't give it a bark collar to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So mark essentially says CNU is a dog ........but a deep value play.....so lets gamble with others money.
    A bit harsh, W69, as I think Milford does take pride on their performance.

What I take issue with is that Milford has obviously got set, and now is broadcasting the fact to get others to now buy the stock.

Anyone in NZX or FMA monitoring is they are talking it up, and then selling?

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Well, it's all pretty negative news on CNU at the moment and even more negative sentiment. I think there may be a bounce not far away and I'm buying at 1.32. They may well go lower but the market is so sour on this stock, I think the prospect is now more on the upside. The risk/ reward equation is rapidly changing IMO.

Disc. Now hold quite a few so I'm biased
    Good to see a fund manager sees it the same way and the share price touch 1.40 today
    Last edited by biker; 12-12-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Moosie what's the issue....if the FMA challenged every person /org that talked up or down a share or told everybody what they had been doing...they'd have to be visiting every person (and you three times) on this forum. its not like its insider trading.
    Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    These guys are getting pretty ballsy with their announcong every buy/sell they do. Must be plays out of the Rod Drury/John Key book. They know the FMA/NZX will do sweet f all of a sparrow fart about any of this.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Moosie what's the issue....if the FMA challenged every person /org that talked up or down a share or told everybody what they had been doing...they'd have to be visiting every person (and you three times) on this forum. its not like its insider trading.
    Unless they talk the stock up to trade and/or sell.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    MVT, my personal experience dealing with Chorus is that it is a grossly inefficient company.

To make matters worse, I can tell you that the crews hired by Chorus to lay the UFB are as bad as can be - three people doing the work of one. One crew member who complained about attitudes at work was blackballed, complained to HR and had to quit as no action was taken.

From personal experiences like that are the big picture made of a grossly mismanaged company - Teresa Gattung #2.

PS. I ain't no a, b or c above - just a very pissed off customer of Chorus.
    In the long term, they don't care about the install cost as it just gets added to the regulated asset base.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    In the long term, they don't care about the install cost as it just gets added to the regulated asset base.
    I think you are right and that's where it's all wrong.

Reminds me of the good old days in NZ when there was import and price controls. Anybody with an import licence was guaranteed to make money.

But as many found, controls can be removed or introduced by a stroke of the pen.

That's where Chorus has got caught.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Good to see a fund manager sees it the same way and the share price touch 1.40 today
    I can't see why people get excited if it hits 1.40 in my opinion it needs to go back over $2 to show any significant meaningful change unless your a trader I guess, this things had 2 big roller coaster dips in the last 6 months, it can easily take a 3rd with any more political interference in the future fleecing a new group of suckers in as long term holders

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    MVT, my personal experience dealing with Chorus is that it is a grossly inefficient company.

To make matters worse, I can tell you that the crews hired by Chorus to lay the UFB are as bad as can be - three people doing the work of one. One crew member who complained about attitudes at work was blackballed, complained to HR and had to quit as no action was taken.
    To be fair, Balance is always quick to criticize and ridicule health and safety and best practice and any compliance with regulations, and anyone who complains that work isn't progressing at full pace and inhibiting bonuses and profits is considered a hero and a martyr.
    Until a mine blows up of course, then he's straight to the head of the lynch mob with his pitchfork and flaming torch calling for someone to be tortured and then burnt at the stake.
    Good ol' Balance eh?