sharetrader
Page 157 of 286 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Hardly!

In Milford's case, a major "mishap" would have consequences for their business and reputation. Losing business means losing fees!
    I suppose that applies to their investment in the likes of MOA as well aye

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I suppose that applies to their investment in the likes of MOA as well aye
    We all know that we lose as well as win, but for a funds manager, too many (big) losses aint good for business! Hardly a matter of " nothing to lose"!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    We all know that we lose as well as win, but for a funds manager, too many (big) losses aint good for business! Hardly a matter of " nothing to lose"!
    I don't think you can compare a personal loss earned by the sweat of your brow with a fund managers loss it's like comparing breaking up with your girlfriend when your 16 and a marriage breakup of 20 years duration involving children. Milford are unlikely to lose as they probably know when to get out but others will following their ramping up style using the media, I think it's unethical and wrong, if they think they are onto a winner why don't they keep it to themselves, of course the answer to that is they won't gain as much if they haven't got others to buy in on hype and push the share price up for them

Off course the other point is that both ACC and Milford can afford to gamble as they have nothing to lose after all the money they are using doesn't belong to them and in ACCs case it belongs to all of us on this forum
    I think Milford and ACC have read this one very well. The stock price got so low they saw there was money to be made. Milford apparently sold out at well over $3 due to regulatory risk and have bought back in with a considerable amount of the risk shaken out of the price.
    Seems to make good sense to me and far from being a gamble looks more like a very astute investment move, selling high and buying low.
    A good indication on this site of when to buy was when several posters were declaring that they would definitely be buying at .99, 1.01 and $1.
    Last edited by biker; 13-12-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Advanced Member

Think that you are on the money there biker !!..

Another falling knife eh !!..

Once again I am caught with limited funds..

Happy to say that ALL of my holdings have only been dropping and rising a cent either way during this small shake out.

Will be in though.. With what is available ..

Veteran novice

I don't think you can compare a personal loss earned by the sweat of your brow with a fund managers loss it's like comparing breaking up with your girlfriend when your 16 and a marriage breakup of 20 years duration involving children. Milford are unlikely to lose as they probably know when to get out but others will following their ramping up style using the media, I think it's unethical and wrong, if they think they are onto a winner why don't they keep it to themselves, of course the answer to that is they won't gain as much if they haven't got others to buy in on hype and push the share price up for them
    Drifting off the point here.

All I was saying was that Milford don't invest with "nothing to lose".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Milford might have ... out and back in ... ACC not - they're averaging down and must be sitting on a huge loss.
    Very perceptive and I wondered why ACC had only purchased 500k shares didn't seem a lot for them but makes sense if averaging down on a large holding

Very perceptive and I wondered why ACC had only purchased 500k shares didn't seem a lot for them but makes sense if averaging down on a large holding
    You are making an assumption (perhaps one worthy of making, but an assumption nonetheless) that CNU isn't a knife that is still falling.
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

Interesting article on NBR:

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/chorus-...view-ng-150051

Great opportunity so far for all major political parties to demonstrate their economical incompetence. Labour and Greens as matter of course, but National doesn't comes out smelling like roses either.

Basically everybody in New Zealand is in one way or another suffering from the mess our politicians created. Many are (at least indirect) CNU shareholders (remember your Kiwi saver account) and everybody needs to use telephone and data services.

The interesting question now is - is there anything our major parties can do to tidy up this mess?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Interesting article on NBR:

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/chorus-...view-ng-150051

Great opportunity so far for all major political parties to demonstrate their economical incompetence. Labour and Greens as matter of course, but National doesn't comes out smelling like roses either.

Basically everybody in New Zealand is in one way or another suffering from the mess our politicians created. Many are (at least indirect) CNU shareholders (remember your Kiwi saver account) and everybody needs to use telephone and data services.

The interesting question now is - is there anything our major parties can do to tidy up this mess?
    My kiwisaver account doesn't seem to have had any CNU up