sharetrader
Page 16 of 286 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: CNU - Chorus

It is in complete freefall now, maybe the DRP shares did have an impact as people waits for their DRP shares before selling off their entire position?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by glasszon View Post
    It is in complete freefall now, maybe the DRP shares did have an impact as people waits for their DRP shares before selling off their entire position?
    Less than 1% is a free fall? Obviously new to the market.

Sorry, may be a bit harsh.
    Last edited by 777; 12-04-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Hi Sparky

Just as an aside I was told that ACC's financial team is very good so "buy what they buy, and sell what they sell".

Also going by fundamental factors such as P/E x EPS (Currently $2.67) it would suggest that the price is now dropping under fair value. I am looking at buying more CNU but will probably wait until the current downturn shows signs of recovery. It might pick up next week, or it could continue down for a while.

As far as technicals go I agree with you, but RSI can stay oversold for a long time, and it's at its lowest ever price so no support below the current price. It will be interesting to see where the market finally finds support.
    Last edited by RazorX; 12-04-2013 at 06:45 PM.
    "Contrariwise", continued Tweedledee, "If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't.
    "Today is already the tomorrow which the bad economist yesterday urged us to ignore" H Hazlitt

STC - amazing how behaviour changes! If you had posted that 2-3 years ago or before, you would have been attacked from all the corners by technical experts (including the most dreaded Mr Phaedrus- naming him with respect). Never ever average down, average up, go with the flow, never fight the market etc.

I am amazed that you are having such a smooth ride (me too by luck only)and no one is questioning your approach to share investments!

IMO

Int bit from a Broker.Regulatory uncertainty( built in to shareprice maybe) and capex risk given an increase in the est cost of the UFB communal network build.
    They also expect CNU's EBITDA and NPAT to decline considerably as revenue falls slowly due to a slow drop in access lines as copper lines migrate to UFB fibre in non CNU regions and regulation cuts copper pricing operating costa slowly climb and new fibre assets start to be depreciated. Investment view higher risk than it appears at face value.

Maybe all that above is coming from a long term mindset and not considering the short -term opp.

IMO

Top of the morning Sparky. NZ, something beginning with C.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR View Post
    STC - amazing how behaviour changes! If you had posted that 2-3 years ago or before, you would have been attacked from all the corners by technical experts (including the most dreaded Mr Phaedrus- naming him with respect). Never ever average down, average up, go with the flow, never fight the market etc.

I am amazed that you are having such a smooth ride (me too by luck only)and no one is questioning your approach to share investments!
    Please excuse me if this is an ignorant question, but what happened to phaedrus?

He phaeded away....Supposedly was going canal boating in France. Maybe he's stuck between locks?
    Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Please excuse me if this is an ignorant question, but what happened to phaedrus?

GENERAL: CNU: Changes to NZX 10 Index 10:21a.m.
    CNU
    15/04/2013 10:21
    GENERAL

REL: 1021 HRS Chorus Limited (NS)

GENERAL: CNU: Changes to NZX 10 Index

STOCK EXCHANGE ANNOUNCEMENT

15 April 2013

Changes to NZX 10 Index

NZX Indices has announced changes to the NZX 10 Index as attached.

The changes will see Chorus removed from the NZX 10 Index effective at market
    open on Monday 22 April 2013.

ENDS

For further information:

Brett Jackson
    Investor Relations Manager
    Mobile: +64 (27) 488 7808
    Email: brett.jackson@chorus.co.nz
    End CA:00235182 For:CNU Type:GENERAL Time:2013-04-15 10:21:38

Would we see index funds selling CNU since it is dropping out of NZX10?

Been keeping an eye on this guy for the last month, I do not hold presently, good solid Div and risk relative to price is diminishing, held previously but havnt for 6 or so months, price has really dropped out now and some more news today which wont help CNUs shareprice.
    STOCK EXCHANGE ANNOUNCEMENT
    15 April 2013
    Changes to NZX 10 Index
    NZX Indices has announced changes to the NZX 10 Index as attached.
    The changes will see Chorus removed from the NZX 10 Index effective at market
    open on Monday 22 April 2013.