sharetrader
Page 170 of 286 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    ...the future of unwired communications.
    Check these out:

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/w...ldef_wimax.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WiMAX
    http://4g360.com/
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

ever wondered what they use to connect all these required base stations with each other? CNU's fibre network!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    ever wondered what they use to connect all these required base stations with each other? CNU's fibre network!
    Good point. Apart from Satellite comms, I'm not aware of any other wireless technology that doesn't use wireline somewhere along its path. And wireline is either copper or fibre or both.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

the backbone is already there though, and is included in the cost of copper as it is required to support ADSL 2 etc.
    the UFB rollout though, is about putting it to the doorstep.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

I get the impression that people think that as technology improves, the data carrying capacity of cell networks will increase without limit.
    There are in fact some pretty well defined physical limits on the capacity of radio networks - they simply don't have the ultimate potential of fibre due to the laws of nature and no technology will change this ( in the same way that no technology will allow us to travel faster than light) The frequency that can be broadcast by a cell phone transmitter is limited to the range of the spectrum that we know as 'radio frequency' (assuming here that we don't want to fry ourselves) and the amount of data that can be carried by a given frequency is limited by nature (Nyquist and Shannon showed this quite some time ago).
    At the moment 4G radio can deliver good data speeds to some people, some of the time, but when (not if, in my opinion) the demand for capacity grows, it simply won't be an option to supply by radio - fibre or some other technology will be the answer

Not trying to say that CNU is a particularly good investment here and now -just saying that radio won't be the long term answer unless we all go back to simpler times.
    Last edited by Poet; 07-01-2014 at 11:04 PM.

one can never predict the limitations of current technology though despite 'the laws of nature'
    for example. first modem connection was a 14.4 , then a 33.3 then 56k all supposedly the maximum possible.
    Then, lo and behold adsl came along and suddenly that copper wire could do mb/s - same copper wire, same laws of nature.
    Now ADSL2 and VDSL, 10's of mb/s.

I'm dubious about the laws of nature .
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

So how will all that allow you to make money from CNU? And more importantly when? And is the ultimate - the speed of light - not under question? And how fast is a Quantum Leap that allows a particle of energy to move between two locations without crossing the intervening space. Glass fibre is great stuff but it one stage in a technology that will be unrecognisable in ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    one can never predict the limitations of current technology though despite 'the laws of nature'
    for example. first modem connection was a 14.4 , then a 33.3 then 56k all supposedly the maximum possible.
    Then, lo and behold adsl came along and suddenly that copper wire could do mb/s - same copper wire, same laws of nature.
    Now ADSL2 and VDSL, 10's of mb/s.

I'm dubious about the laws of nature .
    It's not smart to bet against the laws of nature - they are the only real laws, everything else is negotiable

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    So how will all that allow you to make money from CNU? And more importantly when? And is the ultimate - the speed of light - not under question? And how fast is a Quantum Leap that allows a particle of energy to move between two locations without crossing the intervening space. Glass fibre is great stuff but it one stage in a technology that will be unrecognisable in ten years.
    I tend to agree Craic, lots of new stuff to come. All I'm saying is it won't be cell technology.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    I tend to agree Craic, lots of new stuff to come. All I'm saying is it won't be cell technology.
    And most of it will be using fibre
    Not withstanding this i feel the market has grossly underestimated the cards chorus has to play to negate the misconceived ccm pricing