sharetrader
Page 171 of 286 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    And most of it will be using fibre
    Not withstanding this i feel the market has grossly underestimated the cards chorus has to play to negate the misconceived ccm pricing
    The Govt is the dealer of the cards chorus will be able to play and the Govt has dealt it a few Jokers to date after promising a full house.hmmm

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The Govt is the dealer of the cards chorus will be able to play and the Govt has dealt it a few Jokers to date after promising a full house.hmmm
    I suspect the government would like to deal a winning card for chorus and get this game over but they are prevented by not having a majority.
    It could take years for courts and cost based pricing to finally settle the matter which is not good for vodaphone or any of the telecommunications companies-what do they charge from december?.If chorus wins there could be clawback.
    I would imagine a lot of investment is on hold until a decision is made

All players are losers in the current state of this fiasco, telco,s may like the fact they have won some free money from chorus at the end of this year chorus if it wins court case would likely claw all this back + at the same time smaller telcos will go bust probably cause they spent their winfall, all political parties look silly from what has happened and as you say telecommunications will stall for years while this all gets sorted out so most sensible thing would be for someone to broker a compromise between all players? surely for some sanity to return
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

The greater levels of insanity are with the CNU shareholders. CNU is a public company selling its wares on the open market to consumers. I am a consumer. What are they offering me? A much faster, more efficient system of sending and receiving data at a greater cost plus heavy installation costs and probably requiring a contract, signed by me to discourage me from changing my mind in the near future. Do I need it? - no. Am I happy with the existing system? - Yes. Down the road there are a collection of car dealers, all keen to sell me a car that I don't need because I am content with the one that I already have. Do you expect the government to intervene there and level the playing field? Sell cnu and buy something that doesn't keep you awake at night. ( and that's on just one rum)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    The greater levels of insanity are with the CNU shareholders. CNU is a public company selling its wares on the open market to consumers.
    Wrong - they operate an interposed model so they sell to retail telco's who sell to use. If the ComCom didn't get involved, they copper and fibre would cost the same. If you could swap your existing car for a Ferrari, or RS6 (or whatever floats your boat) t no cost and the same operating cost, wouldn't you swap?

Advanced Member

They sell you buy whatever spin you like to put on it - this show is about investing in the sharemarket and making a profit from that. No I would not like a Ferrari because it would cost me so much more to get to the same place and I would not like the insurance bills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Wrong - they operate an interposed model so they sell to retail telco's who sell to use. If the ComCom didn't get involved, they copper and fibre would cost the same. If you could swap your existing car for a Ferrari, or RS6 (or whatever floats your boat) t no cost and the same operating cost, wouldn't you swap?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    They sell you buy whatever spin you like to put on it - this show is about investing in the sharemarket and making a profit from that. No I would not like a Ferrari because it would cost me so much more to get to the same place and I would not like the insurance bills.
    I've had 2 radical cars, one a street legal drag racing T bucket with Nos beautiful car used to shake house windows when I started it and set car alarms off all over the place,and you couldn't park it anywhere for long or crowds would gather and start playing with expensive parts etc Young and old loved it and its takes motorbikes out at the lights in a drag if you could control fishtale movement shore needed big balls and a touch of insanity to push it hard

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I've had 2 radical cars, one a street legal drag racing T bucket with Nos beautiful car used to shake house windows when I started it and set car alarms off all over the place,and you couldn't park it anywhere for long or crowds would gather and start playing with expensive parts etc Young and old loved it and its takes motorbikes out at the lights in a drag if you could control fishtale movement shore needed big balls and a touch of insanity to push it hard
    Sold that and still have 572ci big block Chev in jag a bit more user friendly and does 5 k to the liter normal driving,so what'sthis got to do with chorus well fast fancy things are great if you use them often but how much speed and power does the members of an average household need in reality in terms of there broadband maybe most would be happy with a 5 liter v8 commodore and wouldn't need my 9.3 liter jag V8 as you can only use a third of its power and speed anyway

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by I promiseoosie_900 View Post
    I'd take Scarlett JohanssonI bring it tover Meg I thinyan any day of the year
    Moosie i promise to take you for a spin in my jag next time i bring it to Napier,i think your just the kind of guy to enjoy the insanity,maybe we should paint Xro on the side but then again Diligent as they need a hurry along

Fibre is totally ingrained in many, many advanced countries, alongside 4G, WiFi and parcel post. I would go as far as to say it is indispensable wherever it has reached critical mass. Take a look at Hong Kong or any number of cities in mainland China, Singapore or Japan, to name just a few; you will see that fast communications reaching into almost every aspect of daily life.

This might sound fanciful if you have not been to a properly first world country recently, but people with youthful mindsets will queue up to get their fibre in NZ; they will eat all they can get and they will not go back once they have taken the red pill.
    Last edited by TimmyTP; 11-01-2014 at 09:38 AM.