sharetrader
Page 172 of 286 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Agree TTP , most old people in NZ probably dont need Fibre ( they probably dont even know what it is ) but the young and the generations to come will want all the fancy online content thats fed to us from overseas
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    so what'sthis got to do with chorus well fast fancy things are great if you use them often but how much speed and power does the members of an average household need in reality in terms of there broadband maybe most would be happy with a 5 liter v8
    Most people don't get past a 2l fwd. back to CNU, what happens when sky ditches the satellite and goes to Internet only. Or Netflix comes to NZ, or your kids start playing the latest online games and start complaining that they are getting shot before the baddies get downloaded.

House of Cards will be streamed in 4k to samsung TVs this year. 4k will catch on where 3d didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Agree TTP , most old people in NZ probably dont need Fibre ( they probably dont even know what it is ) but the young and the generations to come will want all the fancy online content thats fed to us from overseas
    Copper will disappear once fibre is nationwide. My grandkids probably what know what "copper" means. They'll have fibre becuase its cheap and fast wiz bang 4G wifi or better.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTP View Post
    Fibre is totally ingrained in many, many advanced countries, alongside 4G, WiFi and parcel post. I would go as far as to say it is indispensable wherever it has reached critical mass. Take a look at Hong Kong or any number of cities in mainland China, Singapore or Japan, name just a few; you will see that fast communications reaching into almost every aspect of daily life.

This might sound fanciful if you have not been to a properly first world country recently, but people with youthful mindsets will queue up to get their fibre in NZ; they will eat all they can get and they will not go back once they have taken the red pill.
    Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    This old dude took the red pill ...agree no turning back...also..this old dude is on all you can eat for $99/m too...i'm now free from those stupid annoying data caps..the phone is incl with extra functions ...I get an automated email with missed phone calls.... the Smart Phone is paired to my phone so all local calling on the cell phone is free
    My video online has automatically switched to HD without me doing anything...watching Games of Thrones etc in full sparkling HD (I cancelled SKY, its miles too expensive compared to other online entertainment providers).
    All the gadgets inside my house talk to the home network..PS3, the blue ray PVR (got it to replace the My Sky box) all the cell phones, TV's, PCs, laptop and tablet.

When the kids come home they switch to you tube on the TV and find videos via their smart phones..(Smart Phones paired to the Blu Ray PVR)

It seems like every month another cool app appears to add another function to the household network

Got in before that Govt subsidy runs out (its still going I think), so all the cabling/box to the house was free...

CNU must receive future-proofed benefits as a fibre provider once mainstream catches on to all this extra stuff for a lesser price.

Disc: Fibre cable laid by Ultra Fast and lit up on 2nd November 2011......Chorus website still keeps telling me I haven't fibre in my street...
    Last edited by Hoop; 11-01-2014 at 09:08 AM.

Advanced Member

And how long will all this take and how much money will you lose while you wait?. I repeat this - and all the forums on this site is about making money by sharemarket investing.

PS The success of companies in NZ from a profitability point of view is usually in inverse proportion to the number of posts. Have a look WDT, CNU and too many to name.
    Last edited by craic; 11-01-2014 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Post script

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    And how long will all this take and how much money will you lose while you wait?. I repeat this - and all the forums on this site is about making money by sharemarket investing.

PS The success of companies in NZ from a profitability point of view is usually in inverse proportion to the number of posts. Have a look WDT, CNU and too many to name.
    Too true....Unfortunately its time wasted reading all these posts and doing so shifts ones focus away from good performing stocks....even worse ...wasting time writing these bloody posts...God help me I must get my time management priorities back to where they were...no wonder I'm underperforming on the market at the moment.

But Hoop....you have entered the Sharemarket competition this year yet....a man with all your Charting software and ability should easily win the sharemarket competition each year....

Some stats that show NZ compared to the rest of the OECD with respect to fibre broadband.

"Fast fiber-optic broadband spreads across developed world"

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-576...veloped-world/

More than $2 Million traded today and the price creeps upwards. Crossing 30 day average ... Is the tide turning?