sharetrader
Page 181 of 286 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Wouldn't they just put Fibre into new subdivisions, all services would be underground in any case, allthough there maybe copper in parts leading to the subdivision - depending on how far away an "exchange" is ??
    I meant over recent history but you do raise an interesting point. I think they are still required to connect all houses to cooper, even if they also connect to the fibre (or at least give them the option which would require running copper past the driveway).

Wouldn't they just put Fibre into new subdivisions, all services would be underground in any case, allthough there maybe copper in parts leading to the subdivision - depending on how far away an "exchange" is ??
    Do the telcos have a mainstream voip solution to replace the copper telephone yet?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bung5 View Post
    Do the telcos have a mainstream voip solution to replace the copper telephone yet?
    I understand that Telecom doesn't which is causing issues with installs as planning laws only allow one cable to be strung to the house, not two, requiring a new copper/fibre hybrid cable to be used. I think all the others use a Voip product. Happy to be proved wrong.

Xnet does, and orcon do - some or all of the new sub-divisions in Chch have fibre laid and they are contracted to xnet only - so if you move into a new subby in chch you're getting xnet fibre + voip. I'm not sure if this is the case since the earthquakes but it was so in the year or two before them (as I understand it from friends at xnet). Stonefields (new subdivision in Auckland) has fibre laid also and i'm not sure if they are connected to copper also, it may be an option but my friend who bought a house there didn't mention it - though I believe they have a choice of providers as they were initially on xnet fibre+voip but are now with orcon fibre+voip from memory
    Last edited by clip; 07-02-2014 at 05:12 PM.

The new large Millwater subdivision north of Auckland (Silverdale) partially populated / currently being built has fibre only - i.e no copper.

Banned

Someone selling up big time today 2 lots of 1.5 mill gone through off market

And still she rises ...

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Someone selling up big time today 2 lots of 1.5 mill gone through off market
    Couta1 we all are very aware of how burnt you got, but there's no need to downramp.
    You know very little about investing and have shown this several times, please only make commentary on the CNU thread if its not just you venting at the stock. Happy to hear if you've got something useful to add - positive OR negative if its well thought through commentary.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Trix View Post
    Couta1 we all are very aware of how burnt you got, but there's no need to downramp.
    You know very little about investing and have shown this several times, please only make commentary on the CNU thread if its not just you venting at the stock. Happy to hear if you've got something useful to add - positive OR negative if its well thought through commentary.
    Not downramping just happened to be online at the time and noticed those 2 big lots going through and thought it was probably an overseas seller,actually if my money wasn't tied up in Xro I would have done a trade in CNU last week but have no intention holding it long term again due to its vulnerability to political influence both now and in the future,sure I've made mistakes through over enthusiasm etc but to say I know very little about investing when I hold a portfolio in excess of 1 mill is a bit rich I think,cheers

Advanced Member

It's not so much how much you have . More like what you started with and what it's worth now.
    That guy Trev that won 26 mil on the lotto ,by your logic would be an investment guru .