sharetrader
Page 199 of 286 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Guru

Surely the hand on the Chorus Nuclear Doomsday Clock will have edged closer to midnight! If those retailers want to be assured of faster than the contractual minimum speeds, they will have to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    No one even going to comment on the kick in the balls Chorus just received???
    Its only a kick in the balls for investors who expected Comcom to deliver in the first place. I didn't expected anything from this highly politicised debating club and am therefore not disappointed. I believe that Chorus is on the right way with offering better "unregulated" products. If you look at the data demand increasing every year by 50%, not too many customers will in a year or two from now still be interested in the regulated base service. ComCom's decision (however it goes) will soon be irrelevant.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Its only a kick in the balls for investors who expected Comcom to deliver in the first place. I didn't expected anything from this highly politicised debating club and am therefore not disappointed. I believe that Chorus is on the right way with offering better "unregulated" products. If you look at the data demand increasing every year by 50%, not too many customers will in a year or two from now still be interested in the regulated base service. ComCom's decision (however it goes) will soon be irrelevant.
    I agree. Maybe a little more short term pain but nothing longer term. I also wonder if they will claim they aren't slowing services but they'll have a lot of 'overloading' and 'outages beyond our control' with copper.

Veteran novice

An Aussie perspective on CNU- from the SMH.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/motle...521-38olt.html

"Chorus debt rating affirmed by S&P with negative outlook";
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11260523

The Wolf of Sharetrader

The recent polling was very positive for National, they had the numbers to go it alone.

Question is, even if that is the case on election day, do you think National would step it at all? And if so how? They seem pretty keen on keeping the voters happy and there's probably more harm than good for them getting involved in CNU which would suggest they wouldn't. However they can probably work out a way to help CNU without hurting the teleco's which might keep them quiet.

IMHO the comcom (concon) are farrrrrr to heavily favouring one side at the moment, something that a 'business focused' government will surely be mindful of.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Sure we aren't placing too much emphasis on the political slant for CNU? National has tried (and failed) to intervene, with even its rubber stamp partners baulking at the idea. I think CNU may be out in the wilderness here, even if National gets in on a majority ballot...
    Of course the Chorus saga has been highly politicised thanks to extremist action from Hooton, Brislen, Chetwin and the rest. Comcom (supposed to be objective and apolitical) made an obviously political decsion. Sweden and Denmark??? For goodness sake.
    IMHO Comcom just like all these Govt commissions have been subverted by the loony left.
    My hope is that fibre technology will leave copper for dead in a very short time.

"ComCom to run ruler over new Chorus products";
    http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/comcom-...comment-655962

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Trix View Post
    Overkill nanny state nonsense continues its clear the comcom isn't going to give an inch to chorus right to the bitter end, not to mention a continued bad look for overseas investors looking to put funds here, why would they?

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Trix View Post
    Comcom just can't help themselves. Playing for popularity with the public and still trying to vindicate themselves for driving investment away.