sharetrader
Page 206 of 286 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Advanced Member

For every seller there is a buyer.I have lost on chorus but gained as much on contact and genesis.
    I suspect there are still as many holders as before but we mainly hear from those boasting they sold thus distorting your perception.
    I am currently in the uk and its interesting to see trends.The youth of today seem to be moving from tv to Netflix hence slowing broadband and pressurizing households to move to fibre.
    Fibre is the future.
    John Key wants fibre to be successful and it will happen
    The dispute with the regulator will be sorted to enable chorus to be successful.
    Patience will be rewarded

Membaa

Technically, CNU made a notable breakout through the horizontal resistance around $1.79, closing the gap from all the way back in Nov'13 when it gapped down to around $1.50 and continued down from there to the intraday low of $1.27 on 6 Dec'13. That resistance at $1.79 is now price support, it will likely be re-tested in the not too distant future though the good news is CNU is out of the doldrums at the moment. There are only vague resistance points between here and the collapse in Nov'13 around $2.45.

Advanced Member

The market is still a long way from pricing in the national win.
    They did not have the majority needed to alter the telecommunications act to reflect that enhanced broadband copper needs to be priced fairly rather than com com being able to dictate that this should be priced from December at slow copper speeds.

Uncertainty in December about final pricing will mean that spark and vodaphone will not pass on the reduced copper price hence Amy Adams will have a good reason to intervene and revise com com pricing methods to give a win win scenario for everyone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    The market is still a long way from pricing in the national win.
    They did not have the majority needed to alter the telecommunications act to reflect that enhanced broadband copper needs to be priced fairly rather than com com being able to dictate that this should be priced from December at slow copper speeds.

Uncertainty in December about final pricing will mean that spark and vodaphone will not pass on the reduced copper price hence Amy Adams will have a good reason to intervene and revise com com pricing methods to give a win win scenario for everyone.
    I've lost way too much money on this stock to have any great confidence in it until the egg is hatched, there may be an unexpected twist or sting left before it once again becomes a stable dividend paying stock and even then things could turn for the worse when we end up with another Labor/Greens Govt, a great shame because it shouldn't be this way with a stock like Chorus. Disc-Have been in and out a couple of times but not interested in holding long term again yet.

Advanced Member

Couta you must do whatever you feel most comfortable with and I think I am correct in saying time has proven that your decision to sell was far better than my decision to hold and keep on buying.
    I am sitting on a big holding in chorus and paying margin interest rates so my strategy is not for the feint- hearted nor for those without other income.
    I always buy for the long-term but somehow trade more than anticipated to keep my stocks in balance and to take advantage of fluctuations in the market.
    Chorus purchasing to me fits in with Warren Buffett principles and I bought a lot more on Monday financed by selling a few contact when they rose more than expected on the same day

"Chorus sees growth in high-speed connections"
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11338350

................I am sitting on a big holding in chorus and paying margin interest rates so my strategy is not for the feint- hearted nor for those without other income.
    I always buy for the long-term but somehow trade more than anticipated to keep my stocks in balance and to take advantage of fluctuations in the market.
    Chorus purchasing to me fits in with Warren Buffett principles and I bought a lot more on Monday financed by selling a few contact when they rose more than expected on the same day
    I'm with you on this one too as half of my holdings were via ASB margin lending. It will come right!

Advanced Member

Best closing price for a while on good volume too - encouraging, am still holding but they owe me a bit more than $1.88!

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Couta you must do whatever you feel most comfortable with and I think I am correct in saying time has proven that your decision to sell was far better than my decision to hold and keep on buying.
    I am sitting on a big holding in chorus and paying margin interest rates so my strategy is not for the feint- hearted nor for those without other income.
    My understanding is Warren hated anything that attracted political/government interference and wouldn't touch such stocks with a barge pole.
    I guess CNU has shown why he's the master.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    My understanding is Warren hated anything that attracted political/government interference and wouldn't touch such stocks with a barge pole.
    I guess CNU has shown why he's the master.
    We seem to have different understandings and you are entitled to your belief.
    Important buffet principles--
    The principles included:
    1.Purchase businesses with excellent long-term prospects
    2.Purchase businesses at a large discount to their intrinsic value
    3.Purchase businesses with a high return on invested capital
    4.Purchase businesses with honest managers

Clearly he wouldn't have bought at 3.50 with impending com com decision
    Post election changes the value but not yet recognized fully by market-Would buffet have noticed?