sharetrader
Page 214 of 286 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Bird man, I recall you were also up to your nuts on cnu as well. Well done to you

Yes a big relief. I was sure cnu was going to be a boring old investment. Boy was I wrong

Well yes cannot help but feel vindicated but the grizzled traders will be mumbling idiots...should have sold earlier on the signals and then bought back in on the signals again....But that's another story. It will be interesting to see if they revert into what they should have been all along , and for what I purchased them for, i.e. a dividend producer. maybe in June.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Bird man, I recall you were also up to your nuts on cnu as well. Well done to you
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    And lets hope their next advertising campaign to get people onto fibre is better. Gigatown was a waste of money and didn't incentise anyone to sign up to fibre. Those that won in Dunedin now have to pay for a 1 Gigabyte service that very few would actually use (it will cost more than a 30Mb service which is more than enough).
    Do I detect a note of soure grapes ??
    The service into Dunedin is well supported ( the Uni, ARL, and quite a number of smaller user's)
    One thing that was holding Dunedin back was the lack of IT services (slow & disconnects).
    A number of start-up's would have liked to establish in Dunedin but for reasons above.
    God only knows... Dunedin has a terrible dose of "Öld bugger syndrome" right now, so
    new younger blood is badly needed. UFB will help
    BB

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Boy View Post
    Do I detect a note of soure grapes ??
    BB
    Not at all. I am surviviing fine at home with Copper and will upgrade to fibre early in the new year. I am sitting in an office with over 500 poeple and our internet connection is only 100Mb. There are few users that would require 1Gb speeds with existing technology (Universities and Weta workshop).

Maybe in the future for streaming 4k TV to multiple rooms in the house but 100Mb is probably enough for that and by the time that is avaliable, 1Gb will probably be an option.

Start ups may think they need it but if they are Tech SaaS type companies, they will probably host their service in the US anyway (atleast it wont be their issue as they will be using another companies servers and connections).

UFB is good but 1Gb is overkill at the moment and getting back to my original point, Gigatown did absolutely nothing to entice people like me to switch to fibre. THe only think Gigatown did is piss off alot of people on twitter.

N
    UFB is good but 1Gb is overkill at the moment and getting back to my original point, Gigatown did absolutely nothing to entice people like me to switch to fibre. THe only think Gigatown did is piss off alot of people on twitter.
    I don't think the total objective was to get people to switch as soon as, but more to create awareness and understanding. It certainly did that in my area. (ignorance prevailed previously).
    Many here people are looking at the TV angle.
    I.E putting house hold money choice streaming rather than Sky TV.
    Still we are about 2 years away yet
    cheers BB

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11367431

Here we go. The squealing has started. Where's Hooton and his merry band of wreckers.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Boy View Post
    I don't think the total objective was to get people to switch as soon as,
    Why not!

Having said that the draft cooper price is now slightly above the fiber price so maybe they do want to keep everyone on copper?

And lets hope their next advertising campaign to get people onto fibre is better. Gigatown was a waste of money and didn't incentise anyone to sign up to fibre. Those that won in Dunedin now have to pay for a 1 Gigabyte service that very few would actually use (it will cost more than a 30Mb service which is more than enough).
    Hmmm, you may not have been the target audience if you're sceptical of Gigatown. My Facebook feed has been hijacked for the past few months with people referencing this in their posts, I got contacted by friends to vote, and even Otago university sent out emails to ex-students asking to participate - which I did. If you didnt see the visibility, it may not have actually been aimed at you..??

Not at all. I am surviviing fine at home with Copper and will upgrade to fibre early in the new year. I am sitting in an office with over 500 poeple and our internet connection is only 100Mb. There are few users that would require 1Gb speeds with existing technology (Universities and Weta workshop).

Maybe in the future for streaming 4k TV to multiple rooms in the house but 100Mb is probably enough for that and by the time that is avaliable, 1Gb will probably be an option.

Start ups may think they need it but if they are Tech SaaS type companies, they will probably host their service in the US anyway (atleast it wont be their issue as they will be using another companies servers and connections).

I work in a workplace that has real issues with broadband in NZ, all of our calls internationally are all over the place, video conference calls with more than 5 people are rubbish, and the files we upload (all between 100 megs - 1.5 gigs) take far too long to back up to the cloud. Anyone using uncompressed development files in any field will know the pain of internet speeds in NZ. I don't mean this personally, but if you don't think there's a need for the change to UFB then you might not be 'in' the change that's occurring... doesn't mean its not happen without your presence of it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Trix View Post
    Hmmm, you may not have been the target audience if you're sceptical of Gigatown. My Facebook feed has been hijacked for the past few months with people referencing this in their posts, I got contacted by friends to vote, and even Otago university sent out emails to ex-students asking to participate - which I did. If you didnt see the visibility, it may not have actually been aimed at you..??
    Yes - I saw it on my twitter feed. Did it make you sign up to UFB?

I work in a workplace that has real issues with broadband in NZ, all of our calls internationally are all over the place, video conference calls with more than 5 people are rubbish, and the files we upload (all between 100 megs - 1.5 gigs) take far too long to back up to the cloud. Anyone using uncompressed development files in any field will know the pain of internet speeds in NZ. I don't mean this personally, but if you don't think there's a need for the change to UFB then you might not be 'in' the change that's occurring... doesn't mean its not happen without your presence of it.
    I'm not saying I dont see the need for UFB. I'm saying I dont see the need for 1Gb UFB. 100Mb UFB would be a huge step change for you if you are currently on copper.

Out of interest, what are the 1.5g files? Video? There cant be many businesses that deal with files that large, and if they do, that require ultrafast upload.