sharetrader
Page 222 of 286 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    IIRC this was "announced" in National's election campaign, definately nothing new.

Being a slightly rural dweller (only 6km from Hamilton city boundary) I can attest to how poor rural broadband is, and how little the ISP's are interested in resolving any problems. In the evening it is not always possible to "stream" utube at lowest resolution. I call my internet "narrow band".
    Yeah, but what are these "broad hints" that Amy Adams has been dropping?

It's the irony of the situation that gets me

ComCom hammers CNU for excessive pricing. So CNU naturally stops unnecessary network development, and also stops divident payment which destroys the share value. So I get caught on three fronts - poor internet within sight of NZ's 4th largest city, free funding of a public company (through no return on my shares) and massive capital loss (share value loss).

Then the telco's decide that since the revised ComCom decision is only a 25% price decrease, they have to raise their retail prices.

And the government (aka taxpayer) see's the growing inequality between town and country internet, and has to throw more money at it.

I strongly believe that if ComCom hadn't been so draconian, that Chorus would have continued to fund some network development while paying dividends, and the tax payer would have been better off.
    Last edited by xafalcon; 16-02-2015 at 11:44 AM.

You are dead right Xafalkon.
    The Chorus saga is confirmation of what we have known for donkey's years, that ComCom simply aren't competent to wield the god like powers vested in them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JAYAY View Post
    You are dead right Xafalkon.
    The Chorus saga is confirmation of what we have known for donkey's years, that ComCom simply aren't competent to wield the god like powers vested in them.
    Spot on and the whole messy saga was and is just so unnecessary and has achieved nothing other than costing many of us large amounts of capital and destroying overseas investors confidence in our overly regulated market managed by a bunch of academic beaurocrats with no common sense.
    Last edited by couta1; 16-02-2015 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=11394866

This has got to be good for the uptake of Fibre. Good quality HD content coming from three providers over the internet (Lightbox, Netflix, and Sky) will create huge demand for UFB. This year will be a tipping point.

Chorus is 7.5% of my portfolio. Would love it to be more but trying to be a good boy with my allocation and to be honest anything can happen with investments in New Zealand regulated industries, as every Chorus investor knows, so even 7.5% is probably too much.
    Ok, forgive me for quoting myself but as I said above, this is the year that everything changes. Demand for fibre has gone crazy and Chorus is now struggling to keep up. The CEO is quoted as saying "...the volumes [of requests] we are receiving are massively above people's forecasts" (see below). Things will get even crazier next month with the Netflix launch and a hugely expanded catalogue from Lightbox. High quality video on demand was always the killer app and it's now here.

A lot of people will be going for the 100/20 plan that retails for a couple of bucks above the new copper price that the ComCom is likely to settle on. Yes Chorus is always going to be a political football and I have never suffered more than I have with this stock but, at this point in time, it feels good to be a Chorus shareholder.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...oadband-demand
    Last edited by Bobdn; 23-02-2015 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Ok, forgive me for quoting myself but as I said above, this is the year that everything changes. Demand for fibre has gone crazy and Chorus is now struggling to keep up. The CEO is quoted as saying "...the volumes [of requests] we are receiving are massively above people's forecasts" (see below). Things will get even crazier next month with the Netflix launch and a hugely expanded catalogue from Lightbox. High quality video on demand was always the killer app and it's now here.

A lot of people will be going for the 100/20 plan that retails for a couple of bucks above the new copper price that the ComCom is likely to settle on. Yes Chorus is always going to be a political football and I have never suffered more than I have with this stock but, at this point in time, it feels good to be a Chorus shareholder.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...oadband-demand
    Dividend on the way
    http://business.scoop.co.nz/2015/02/...per-price-set/

Nice find Jim! Looks encouraging.

It is all a game.
    Spark and Chorus can each find experts to support their case.
    Maybe by now the regulator will look at the big picture and realise that Chorus has suffered enough damage already.

Advanced Member

Apparently First NZ capital have re-rated the stock but Larry Williams interrupted Peter Corben on radio after 6pm just as he was about to say what the new valuation on the stock was, does anyone know the revised valuation?