sharetrader
Page 240 of 286 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Sorry, can't seem to edit from my phone so I'll add: I think its just a case of paying back the money they owe to the government. Other LFCs (local fibre companies) are paying off the money early and in return the government no longer has a stake in the LFC. I'm vague on details but It's all good news. See Amy Adams press releases on the Beehive website and Crown Fibre Holdings.

I cant help but think the four LFCs have enormous growth potential; people are pouring into the country; new fibre products are coming onto the market; people's data appetite is insatiable.

I would invest even more in Chorus but for the regulatory environment. What will happen in 2020? Not that long ago some people were calling for Chorus to be nationalised!!! Sometimes I think investing in Argentina would be easier

https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/...ollout-success
    Last edited by Bobdn; 28-09-2016 at 09:46 PM.

Good news we got our DRP shares for $3.67. God bless you DRP.

So Chorus has handed more of its New Zealand ultrafast broadband network building work to Australia's Visionstream, while warning the cost of the project will be at the top end of its projected range

Does this mean earnings will be at lower end of, or even less than, guidance

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/9...f-guidancehtml
    Last edited by winner69; 07-10-2016 at 09:39 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So Chorus has handed more of its New Zealand ultrafast broadband network building work to Australia's Visionstream, while warning the cost of the project will be at the top end of its projected range

Does this mean earnings will be at lower end of, or even less than, guidance

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/9...f-guidancehtml
    May be they could take leaf out of Eroad book and provide guidance around whether their sp is higher or lower relative to today's announcement

Very hard to make any judgement out of today's announcement. No doubt they will be explaining in detail to the fund managers exactly what this means.

IMO higher install costs won't materially impact bottom line, only free cash flow?

Quote Originally Posted by bung5 View Post
    Very hard to make any judgement out of today's announcement. No doubt they will be explaining in detail to the fund managers exactly what this means.

IMO higher install costs won't materially impact bottom line, only free cash flow?
    Yeah, they did mention something about looking at how they capitalise such things
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

"Chorus has today priced an issue of EUR500 million notes under its Euro
    Medium Term Note (EMTN) programme. The notes bear interest at 1.125% per
    annum and mature on 18 October 2023. The notes are to be issued on 18
    October 2016 and will be fully swapped to NZD785 million. Application will
    be made to quote the notes on the ASX."

This is smart play from CNU board/management. Euro devaluing while paying 1.125% interest! win win for chorus.

the chart looks ugly...if it cannot hold 3.6, next level is 3.1. there is a big gap between 3.6 and 3.1 needs to be filled if you believe it gap filling theory...

Chart looked pretty ugly when it was $1.29. never buy in a down trend, omg no.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Chart looked pretty ugly when it was $1.29. never buy in a down trend, omg no.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^