sharetrader
Page 242 of 286 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

OK, that might explain the drop in share price today. I didn't read beyond the media release/Herald article.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Yes, good result beating expectations. CNU hopefully has now become boring investment that I always wanted. It pays a reasonable, sustainable dividend that is forecast to increase modestly in the years ahead. It's a cornerstone of my retirement income.
    That was the word on the street and in every taxi cab back in 2013 also, and look at the destruction that occurred after that.

Yeah that's for sure. Chorus should never have turned out that way. New Zealand's reputation as a place you could invest in took a massive hit through the Chorus debacle.

Invest in regulated industries at your peril. It's still not a lesson I've learned.

Membaa

Yeah that's for sure. Chorus should never have turned out that way. New Zealand's reputation as a place you could invest in took a massive hit through the Chorus debacle.

Invest in regulated industries at your peril. It's still not a lesson I've learned.
    I got caught up in that debacle, through complacency and lack of attention. Thank goodness the rulings eventually erred in favour of Chorus and shareholders, I bailed with surprise capital profit and vowed never to go there again.

If I could add to your summatiion, noting that most industries are regulated to some extent, the ones to avoid imo are those that have a dedicated department at ComCom. You can be almost certain none of the employees own the company shares, nor are they interested in anything other than ideals that are effectively anti-commerce.

The government forces a monopoly and then the regulator ensures that it is never commercially as successful as it could obviously be having that unique advantage.

Furthermore there can never be certainty that the regulator wont dream up new punitive measures at any time in the future that ill suits investors.

For that reason I'm out. (couldn't resist that one liner)

😳🔫

Again the shareprice conveniently dips for my dividend reinvestment plan

Sorry, Bung, no cheap DRP shares coming our way this time, not counting the 3 per cent discount. Share price has now recovered completely from the xd price yesterday.

Ah well its grinding away in the bottom draw. Hopefully dividend will be bumped up again for FY18

Nah, I take it all back. DRP strike price came in at 4.04 and the price today is 4.31. It's been an incredible investment over the last two years.

Banned

Nah, I take it all back. DRP strike price came in at 4.04 and the price today is 4.31. It's been an incredible investment over the last two years.
    And one of the biggest wealth destroyers ever listed on the NZX to boot.

Yeah tough times, for sure. Glad that things have worked out so well for you since with AIR and that mega special dividend. Alls well that ends well😀