sharetrader
Page 263 of 286 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Yeah. Can't resist the price they're buying so I sold a bundle at the highest I can get today. My remaining CNU shares are now what I would call book-value negative. Others fondly call them free shares
    I know its popular but I always struggle with this approach. Do you have better places to put the capital or is it a risk mitigation thing?

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Yeah. Can't resist the price they're buying so I sold a bundle at the highest I can get today. My remaining CNU shares are now what I would call book-value negative. Others fondly call them free shares
    'book value negative' sounds rather cool .....more descriptive than .free.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    I know its popular but I always struggle with this approach. Do you have better places to put the capital or is it a risk mitigation thing?
    If you can't find stocks where to put your money then you've not diversified enough. And logic dictates that it's always a winning move if you can make your stocks become book-value negative first so you can really sleep well.

Banned

A very puzzling stock on a ludicrous PE ratio which cant be explained.

PE ratio is not the right way to value Chorus - capex is still high, but will end in the next 1-2 years, depreciation (non-cash) is high and increasing, and this diminishes the E. Free cash flow will increase substantially once the capex ends

Discl - recently invested

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RRR View Post
    PE ratio is not the right way to value Chorus - capex is still high, but will end in the next 1-2 years, depreciation (non-cash) is high and increasing, and this diminishes the E. Free cash flow will increase substantially once the capex ends

Each to their own, I dont invest in stocks where I dont see value nowdays, $9 odd with a low dividend yield doesnt look at all appealing, future divvy potential is just that.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A very puzzling stock on a ludicrous PE ratio which cant be explained.
    Similar comment could apply to NPH, but then CNU will probably reward Shareholders far more generously
    as they have repeatedly hinted at..

yep correct. thats why people paying the premium now for those future cash flows
    one step ahead of the herd

Dilettante

That's the way I see it too. Large CAPEX on the UFB roll out coming to an end in the next 1-2 years and a resulting huge increase in free cash flow from less CAPEX and high depreciation charges. Most forecasts showing dividends doubling from current 24c to 50-60c by 20023-2024.

Of course there are downside risks from wireless broadband and potentially 5G. Also potentially a big overhang from Crown Infrastructure Partners should they want to exit their stake post UFB completion.

Discl:
    A small holding for current and future dividends

Guru

What I don't get with Chorus is that they play up the increasing data use on the fibre network as a good thing.
    They don't get paid on data throughput - in fact increased data means that they have to upgrade parts of their network to avoid congestion = more cost.
    They get paid on connections and Spark, at least, is trying to reduce the number of those they use.