sharetrader
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Got cold called by a guy trying to sell this fancy foreign exchange programme www.oakfx.com - fully automated he reckons just like what the big Wall Street banks use. Must say I'm pretty dubious ... here's the short blurb ...

"The Full OakFx Package, including our 21 day Capital Guarantee, is priced at just $23,700 NZD. On average, OakFx users earn around $2000-$5000 a month on their trading account investment—all from the privacy and comfort of their home."

Don't even know who runs it but seems to be linked to an outfit called Phoenix Forex Ltd
    I am not going to run down the company that contacted you..

I am going to say to you BRAVO !!.. For asking the question..

To which you have had many replies..

That is what we all are trying to ( and have ) establish in this site..

An area for learners .. Asking dumb questions that make us all think..

Keep learning.. You are in the best site in NZ..

$500 from every sale goes to charity... very generous

I love community spirited companies

http://www.oakfx.com/OakFx.com/Giving_Back.html
    Last edited by winner69; 25-05-2013 at 06:32 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    $500 from every sale goes to charity... very generous

I love community spirited companies

http://www.oakfx.com/OakFx.com/Giving_Back.html
    Tugging at the heart strings to get at your purse strings :-)0

If you want to talk David, I’m sure you have figured out who I am by this stage and am only too happy to receive a call. Firstly lets note that I am not challenging your performance or even acumen as an investor. I have been a subscriber for years, thru the GFC, and have in general agreed with much of your analysis. That was why I arranged a meeting in the first place. Nor am I negating my responsibility in purchasing the product, although I would still debate the sales tactics used and the degree of risk highlighted. If you read my transcript you will see I am challenging the professionalism, come competency of the firm you have aligned yourself with and have only reported the performance as it occurred. We could debate the merits of your comments re equity, and the use of stop losses or otherwise! But I suspect it would serve no purpose. The decision to post comments was not made lightly and only after a considerable period of time had lapsed between my first, subsequent and final contacts with OakFX( re the income guarantee). I felt I was being given at best, the run around. My position is that of a customer, albeit a very dissatisfied customer and I would be only too happy to elaborate my concerns if it would help you provide a better service to others in future.

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    I am not going to run down the company that contacted you..

I am going to say to you BRAVO !!.. For asking the question..

To which you have had many replies..

That is what we all are trying to ( and have ) establish in this site..

An area for learners .. Asking dumb questions that make us all think..

Keep learning.. You are in the best site in NZ..
    Cheers Janner,

I'd forgotten about this ... pretty much dismissed it out of hand.

Interestingly, I did send an email to FMA shortly after I posted this question. I wonder if they uncovered anything?

Advanced Member

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Mmmm, wonder if we will see David McEwen back here anytime soon.

I tell you what, whenever I hear financial products advertised on radiosport I am extremely skeptical.
    Im a radio sport tragic and as such hear a lot of these things. I always cringe when they come on. I just wonder if Darcy (Waldegrave) et al are actually sucked in and believing this rubbish, or just playing along because it pays the wages.

I think the latter bc
    I notice there are varoius levels on the sports/talkback shows, some ad's the presenter talks about it themselves, telling us or implying that they use/have used the product or service - OakFX is not one of them.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Got cold called by a guy trying to sell this fancy foreign exchange programme www.oakfx.com - fully automated he reckons just like what the big Wall Street banks use. Must say I'm pretty dubious ... here's the short blurb ...

"The Full OakFx Package, including our 21 day Capital Guarantee, is priced at just $23,700 NZD. On average, OakFx users earn around $2000-$5000 a month on their trading account investment—all from the privacy and comfort of their home."

Don't even know who runs it but seems to be linked to an outfit called Phoenix Forex Ltd
    If this were true Morpheous..

Why do they not have a warehouse stacked with computors some where in a TAX FREE regime i.e. Virgin islands. ??

Whilst they swanned around the play grounds of the rich and famous..

Instead of worrying about You !!..

Bah !!!.. Humbug !!.

Advanced Member