sharetrader
Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Lad View Post
    A fund manager could have any range of reasons for selling such as:

1. Not wanting to be a trapped minority shareholder (noting that CDL Singapore control CDI);
    2. They have identified alternative investments that they think have better growth prospects;
    3. They have a negative view on the NZ economy, residential property subdivision, the future NZD exchange rate;
    4. The CDI balance sheet is too lazy (no debt, cash in bank, and a dividend that is a low proportion of operating cash flow); or
    5. Imputation credits of less value to them than NZ shareholders.

I'm not offering an opinion on whether any of the above factors are likely to be of real concern but rather offer them up to illustrate a point.

I also see there is some strife going down at CDL Singapore - see https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...ard-management

Given share trade price over the last few moths, 75 cents to offload a 3% stake in one go is probably what you would expect.

and another!
    75 1,576,992 15:35 SP

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Massive off market at 75c?

75 10,608,665 12:39 SP H
    and another!
    75 1,576,992 15:35 SP
    The second one matches the Aberdeen Standard Asia Focus PLC holding through BNP.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    The second one matches the Aberdeen Standard Asia Focus PLC holding through BNP.
    Wonder if MCK bought the 2 x parcels

Wonder if MCK bought the 2 x parcels
    I'd be surprised if they did. If they were in the market to up their stake they would have been buying the original Aberdeen sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    I'd be surprised if they did. If they were in the market to up their stake they would have been buying the original Aberdeen sales.
    ACC have today disclosed a 5% stake, so appears they were the buyer of last weeks trades at 75 cps.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...087/333665.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Lad View Post
    ACC have today disclosed a 5% stake, so appears they were the buyer of last weeks trades at 75 cps.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...087/333665.pdf
    Nice - hopefully less downward pressure!

Nice - hopefully less downward pressure!
    I see on further analysis that ACC purchased 7,138,300 shares at 75 cents whereas the 75 cent trades on Friday totaled 12,185,657 shares, so 5,047,357 have presumably gone to a different purchaser.

Advanced Member

I'm picking these will turn out to be a great buy for them at this level . I think people will be very surprised when they realise how much property values have increased in such a short period of time .
    Some insane prices being paid, so it will in turn lead to very strong demand for sections as builders try and keep up with demand. The RBNZ should be alarmed with what is happening but they won't be . At best they might bring back the LVR's for investment property.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    I'm picking these will turn out to be a great buy for them at this level . I think people will be very surprised when they realise how much property values have increased in such a short period of time .
    Some insane prices being paid, so it will in turn lead to very strong demand for sections as builders try and keep up with demand. The RBNZ should be alarmed with what is happening but they won't be . At best they might bring back the LVR's for investment property.
    I think you have "hit the nail on the head".
    Last edited by percy; 27-10-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Looks like some of those shares purchased from Aberdeen last Friday at 75 cents are finding their way back onto the market in the 77 cents plus range. So maybe the overhang is still there!