sharetrader
Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Presentation from the annual meeting: https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/259296.pdf;

Interesting to note that Q1 2017 revenue was 18% higher than Q1 2016 . If they manage to keep this pace for the full year than we will have another record year. Doesn't really sounds like that they would feel a subdued housing market.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 08-06-2017 at 04:34 PM. Reason: typo
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Presentation from the annual meeting: https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/259296.pdf;

Interesting to note that Q1 2017 revenue was 18% higher than Q1 2016 . If they manage to keep this pace for the full year than we will have another record year. Doesn't really sounds like that they would feel a subdued housing market.
    It would indeed be another record year. We will know more in about 2months from now when we get the half-year figures. Reports from Chch are very promising regarding Preston's Road.

Damn ... somebody was faster than me to pick up the shares on special below 80 cents. thought I might have time until early August (as the years before) to pick them up. Ah well ... maybe I have already enough, given the low liquidity. Anyway - nice long term uptrend:

Attachment 9025
    ----

Default and they did it again - another great result!

Gosh - didn't people say the property market is in the doldrums?

Half year results are out and looking sweet:

https://www.nzx.com/companies/CDI/announcements/305044

CDL INVESTMENTS REPORTS A STRONG HALF YEAR RESULT

Property development and investment company CDL Investments New Zealand Limited (NZX:CDI) today released its (unaudited) results for the six months to 30 June 2017 and announced an after tax operating profit of $20.39 million (2016: $15.95 million) on revenue of $51.04 million (2016: $42.78 million).

Financial Performance:

The Directors of CDL Investments New Zealand Limited (“CDI”) advise that the Company has made an unaudited after tax operating profit after tax of $20.39 million for the six month period ending 30 June 2017 (2016: $15.95 million). Operating profit before tax was $28.32 million (2016: $22.16 million).

Property sales and other income for the period was $51.04 million (2016: $42.78 million). Net Asset Backing (at cost) for the period under review was 62.8 cents per share (2016: 54.4 cents per share).
    Revenue up 19,3%, NPAT up nearly 28% (up from a record result last year) and net asset backing up 15,4% ... and this only looking at the book value (resell value is significantly higher).

Discl: happy holder - I like uptrends ...
    ----

another happy holder. locations continue to attract buyers. prospects for full-year numbers, with spring and early summer sales included, are very promising. an increase in the dividend might even seem likely ??

Not a large holder but happy all the same.An increase in dividend would be great,however they seem to be over cautious in that regard.

So, a ban on non-residents or non-citizens buying NZ houses. However, and importantly for CDL, it is still all clear to buy land or a newly built house. Phew !

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by podg View Post
    So, a ban on non-residents or non-citizens buying NZ houses. However, and importantly for CDL, it is still all clear to buy land or a newly built house. Phew !
    haha I like you way of thinking... but I do believe CDL is a NZ resident so sure CDL could buy NZ houses if they so wished. Shows how silly the new law (once enacted) will be anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    Not a large holder but happy all the same.An increase in dividend would be great,however they seem to be over cautious in that regard.
    Cautious? I would say stingy and measly. Anything, it seems, to keep the share price down:

* Divvy only once a year.
    * A miserly dividend at that given their free cashflow position.
    * Not paying out significant imputation credits and possibly risking the shareholder continuity test (although I doubt it given the amount they control)
    * Suppressed NZX trading liquidity with no action to remedy
    * Breach of the NZX rules with no apparent action to remedy (which the independent directors should be jumping up and down about)
    * The most minimal communication with shareholders

Disc:a long time holder still waiting (very) patiently.

Oh, sorry ... I was referring to CDL's customers ... those buying CDL's newly built houses, or the land which CDL has developed and is now ready to build on. These are two key exemptions to the non-resident ban.