sharetrader
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Default IPL - Investore Property

We cringe at the name but we may want to buy shares, and if we own Stride then we get shares anyway.

To get the PDS & more:

click the link >> http://www.business.govt.nz/disclose/

hit Search Offers

type Investore in the Issuer Name Box and hit Search

hit the link

hit the Documents tab

hit the Product Disclosure Statement.pdf link

Bingo

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 05-08-2016 at 08:35 PM. Reason: usual suspects in the typo department
    om mani peme hum

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    We cringe at the name but we may want to buy shares, and if we own Stride then we get shares anyway.

To get the PDS & more:

click the link >> http://www.business.govt.nz/disclose/

hit Search Offers

type Investore in the Issuer Name Box and hit Search

hit the link

hit the Documents tab

hit the Product Disclosure Statement.pdf link

Bingo

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Thanks PT. That works. Can't say I've got my head around this deal so far. A bit of reading to do, or maybe just sit back and hope the deal lifts divs and/or price. That sounds easier.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation There has to be a better way Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    ...To get the PDS & more:

There is .

Click this Link >> http://www.shareoffer.co.nz/Document...ore-PDS-NZ.pdf

But wait, There is more

There is this Site >> http://www.shareoffer.co.nz/investore

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

highlights for me.

• Investore's interest expense representsapproximately 29% of revenue in FY18. Managingdebt and interest rates are a key driver ofInvestore's profitability. ( will do well as long as interest rates stay low )

Exposure to significant tenant: General Distributors Limited ("GDL") is Investore's largest tenant constitutingapproximately 84% of Investore's Contract Rental as at 30 April 2016. If GDL's performance materiallydecreases or if GDL fails to meet its lease obligations, this could affect Investore. (PS axe thinks that if 84% of revenue if coming from one customer they have your n*ts in a very tight grip when it comes to negotiating rent increases.)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by axe View Post
    highlights for me.

• Investore's interest expense representsapproximately 29% of revenue in FY18. Managingdebt and interest rates are a key driver ofInvestore's profitability. ( will do well as long as interest rates stay low )

Exposure to significant tenant: General Distributors Limited ("GDL") is Investore's largest tenant constitutingapproximately 84% of Investore's Contract Rental as at 30 April 2016. If GDL's performance materiallydecreases or if GDL fails to meet its lease obligations, this could affect Investore. (PS axe thinks that if 84% of revenue if coming from one customer they have your n*ts in a very tight grip when it comes to negotiating rent increases.)

I still don't understand the point of the stapled shares. Stride shareholders will be issued around 35% of shares in investore, and stride will hold 19.9%. Remainder (approx. 45%) will be offered in IPO. Could anyone a little less thick than me explain why stride doesn't just offer 45% in IPO?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I still don't understand the point of the stapled shares. Stride shareholders will be issued around 35% of shares in investore, and stride will hold 19.9%. Remainder (approx. 45%) will be offered in IPO. Could anyone a little less thick than me explain why stride doesn't just offer 45% in IPO?
    It's something to do with tax advantages. Maybe the tax accountants here can shed some light on this complicated divestiture.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    It's something to do with tax advantages. Maybe the tax accountants here can shed some light on this complicated divestiture.
    I hope so. Assuming these properties are worth purchasing, why not just purchase outright under stride's existing structure? There'd be ways of financing the purchase less complicated than this, and surely just buying some more buildings would not impact on stride's PIE status.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 12-06-2016 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I hope so. Assuming these properties are worth purchasing, why not just purchase outright under stride's existing structure? There'd be ways of financing the purchase less complicated than this, and surely just buying some more buildings would not impact on stride's PIE status.
    Need to separate property management and property owning businesses to main full PIE status - if split not approved your returns diminish

The property management part was just getting too big
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Need to separate property management and property owning businesses to main full PIE status - if split not approved your returns diminish

The property management part was just getting too big
    Surely the management grows in proportion percentage wise to the portfolio.Anyway management is internal so if left intact management wouldnt provide income.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 12-06-2016 at 01:10 PM.

fp - Stride did say the restructure would allow it to expand the management arm while preserving its favourable tax status. There is a cap on non-qualifying income (in this case management fees) if one wants to be a PIE

No doubt you will suss it one day but in meantime have to trust them doing the right thing for you.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”