sharetrader
Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

yes, I did know. which was I mentioned it. just wanted to know what others thought about that. cheers

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by podg View Post
    Seems like quite a while since anyone posted something about CDL Investments. Is it me, or does a dividend paid in late May, part of a Dec 31 balance date result, seem a couple of months late? other listed companies paid dividends for the same period in March !!
    Does it really matter though when a dividend is paid? It just means the company can utilise the funds for a bit longer. They pay the dividend annually, whether its May, April or July actually does not really bother me and does not impact one iota on the return I get from this company.

so why don't all companies with a dec 31 balance date pay any dividends 5 months later? why do the vast majority pay in march? surely there's a middle point somewhere? where both the company and shareholders can benefit.

Guru

so why don't all companies with a dec 31 balance date pay any dividends 5 months later? why do the vast majority pay in march? surely there's a middle point somewhere? where both the company and shareholders can benefit.
    Thats just what CDI do. But either way it makes no difference to me the investor. There is no detriment to me in getting the dividend in May rather than April. I get my dividend in May each year.
    Last edited by blackcap; 03-06-2016 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Thats just what CDI do. But either way it makes no difference to me the investor. There is no detriment to me in getting the dividend in May rather than April. I get my dividend in May each year.
    well, you could have two months of interest? or two months of funds reinvested?? just a thought

Advanced Member

well, you could have two months of interest? or two months of funds reinvested?? just a thought
    Two months of funds reinvested , if the shares go down you lose money this way ..... With the dividend presumably the company has this invested so making you more money .As pointed out if the dividend is the same date each year , splitting hairs here ...

Looks like another positive result today with even better predicted.

Default Understatement of the year?

HY results are out (https://www.nzx.com/companies/CDI/announcements/286675) and looking brilliant :

Operating profit after tax (1HY 2016) $15.95 million vs (1HY 2015) $8.51 million, up 87%
    Operating profit before tax (1HY 2016) $22.16 million vs (1HY 2015) $11.70 million, up 89%
    Revenue $42.78 million (2015: $23.89 million)
    Net Asset Backing 54.4 cents per share (2015: 47.6 cents per share)

Outlook:
    Sales activity in the year to date remains strong and this reflects continued demand in the major centres in which CDLI operates. The current level of sales activity should continue through into the second half of 2016 and will therefore be reflected in the company’s results. We expect to better our 2015 results this year.
    Given that they made 2015's results basically already in the first half of this year, would I think the last sentence might qualify for the understatement of the year!

But hey - I like under-promising and over-delivering. Quiet achiever ... and no hype on the thread either. Whats not to like?

Discl: holding (goes without saying ...)
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    ... looking brilliant :

Whats not to like?
    Agreed!

Maybe this result will provide CDI with the media exposure to boost its name and increase its NZX trading liquidity.
    Only reason the share price has not risen more than 12% so far today is there are no sellers left with any real volume.

Oh.. just checked.. one seller with 10,000 shares wanting $1.50/share ... not an unreasonable asking price.

Disc: Patient holder. Still holding with no intention to sell.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    HY results are out (https://www.nzx.com/companies/CDI/announcements/286675) and looking brilliant :

Operating profit after tax (1HY 2016) $15.95 million vs (1HY 2015) $8.51 million, up 87%
    Operating profit before tax (1HY 2016) $22.16 million vs (1HY 2015) $11.70 million, up 89%
    Revenue $42.78 million (2015: $23.89 million)
    Net Asset Backing 54.4 cents per share (2015: 47.6 cents per share)

Outlook:

Given that they made 2015's results basically already in the first half of this year, would I think the last sentence might qualify for the understatement of the year!

But hey - I like under-promising and over-delivering. Quiet achiever ... and no hype on the thread either. Whats not to like?

Discl: holding (goes without saying ...)

Am I correct in thinking that you can extrapolate the FY out from the HY. Thus the FY NPAT could be in the range of $32 million which divided by 276m shares gives me an EPS of 11.5....
    If that is the case anything under $1 is a bargain. What I do not understand is that in this property mad (if I may call it that) market this stock has not received more interest. I guess being tightly held does not help and liquidity is low.....