sharetrader
Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by podg View Post
    in all my time with CDL, and it goes back to before it was actually CDL, I have never seen the $1 mark broken. A milestone to acknowledge certainty.
    Nice. You must have done well. For me its been a straggler, until now.

Veteran novice

A good, consistent performer, for me.

Not relevant. Edited
    chocfish.png
    Last edited by greater fool; 10-01-2021 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Left Field
    "There is something wrong with a regime that requires a pyramid of corpses every few years." George Orwell.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    Kupe Group
    Get out, while you can................
    https://milfordasset.com/insights/ba...abysmal-record
    Charlies and Montana (Corporate investments) bring back happy memories, made a ton out of those Two. The Charlies thread was one of the most entertaining on here
    Last edited by ratkin; 18-12-2020 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Charlies and Montana (Corporate investments) bring back happy memories, made a ton out of those Two. The Charlies thread was one of the most entertaining on here
    Especially the corporate investments convertible notes. An unloved listed security with a lot of embedded value, a lot like CDL investments and a bunch of historically purchased land holdings held at cost in the books. Just remind me, has the land valuation element of your rates bill stayed flat in the last 1-2 council 3-yearly revaluation exercises?

Off topic. Edited.
    chocfish.png
    Last edited by greater fool; 10-01-2021 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Left Field
    "There is something wrong with a regime that requires a pyramid of corpses every few years." George Orwell.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post

The old Renouf shell incarnated into Hellaby Holdings will have some quite nice recollections for many
    with the long swing up from penny dreadful to something the Aussies liked look of @ $3 or so a shot

CDI carrying of undeveloped land at cost rather than current value like retirement Villages and other NZ property companies understates the value here. As I said in an earlier post I see the NTA above 1.60.
    The scramble for land by builders to capitalize on excess demand is pushing section prices ever higher.
    I have walked around CDI s subdivision at Prestons Park in ChCh and spoken to sales people from several builders there. The demand is overwhelming. All the sections developed and underdeveloped are spoken for.
    We could see another 10% added to my estimate of NTA during 2021 ie 1.75

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Alexander
    The construction boom and soaring house prices has led to a boom in purchases of sections and developable land to the point where shortages are appearing.
    Tony Alexander puts out a regular newsletter. In the recent TONY'S VIEW Business Survey, he identified five key themes. The fifth of these is quoted above. This has to be good news for CDI.

One major national residential builder/ developer has increased his section prices by20% in ChCh as sellers of parcels of land and other subdividers have raised prices for land. CDL is in a very sweet spot. As well as a deeply discounted NTA we may see a healthy dividend increase as it will help MCKs result as would a revaluation of CDLs land.