Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I have shares in AGL that have done OK in a little over 10 months.

It was a punt based on a morningstar recommendation.

A transition to green energy and an activist shareholder has me thinking this is no longer the dividend payer I was after and not very comfortable with it.

Morningstar still has a $13.30 valuation but now only an "accumulate" recommendation. (seems odd as the recommendation price is currently 51% above todays price. That sounds more like a buy to me if you believe in your valuation)

My question is I am happy to let my profits run but on a purely technical basis what would you look for in price movements to sell at the simplest level. E.g. crossing the 90day moving average or would you use a longer time period.

Indicators on the ASB securities website are volume, RSI and Stochastic fast and slow I assume a lot of the price movement has been the billionaire buying his stake in the company.

Torn as I don’t want to sell in case Morningstar is right and I have another 51% upside in capital appreciation but not comfortable with the company. I was thinking maybe TA can stop me selling out too soon.

The slow Stochastic squiggle is above 80 I guess sell if it drops below that.

Any thoughts appreciated.
No advice forthcoming so sold as the 80 line was hit as well as a financial hurricane coming. Interesting to see what I missed in 12 months $8.80 on the 9/6/2022.