sharetrader
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Legend

Default EVN - Evolution Mining

Last edited by elZorro; 14-03-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Bought into these guys today. Basically at 12 month lows. They have a smart management, reasonable costs & good sized (420k) production. They also have 140k of hedging at A$1600 so a good cushion if the POG reverses. Market cap around $375M and they should clear around $180M in cashflow not including capex spend. Net of capex should make somewhere close to $100M. And they even pay a dividend !
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

IMO

HI Daytr; are you reasonably confident of missing falling knives; some technicals giving you confidence? Ive been sitting on the sidelines wondering when /if to average down on my Goldies.

Well that's what stops are for. Its at 12M lows & basically I'm willing to risk 5-10% to make what I think could be 25-75%.
    Its a bit of a gold play as well as I think gold may have a good run into the end of the year. I like the way gold has been trading in the last 2 weeks or so, it looks relatively strong.
    But I also like the hedge they have in place, it gives them basically on average A$75/ounce premium on their entire production.
    I've known the CEO for about 12 years, he's a smart bloke & his decisions in running EVN & SINO prior are evidence of that.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

IMO

Thanks for that Datyr and a real good edge/ advantage knowing and having confidence in CEO, good to know.. Unfort my ASB account doesn't have trailing stops and i can't be bothered or forget to reset it daily. Also have to log in continualy all bloody day so am looking for another platform. cheers JT

I'm trading CFDs through Trade Direct365, it has a few issues, but its pretty good & the cost of trading is very reasonable.

Another stock that I flicked in & out of last week for a great profit & like RSG its lower than where I bought in last time.
    These guys are purely A$gold production and with Aussie gold a lot higher they will be doing very well. SP certainly isn't picking up the rise in AUD.

IMO

For longer term investors ; food for thought

EVN MD remuneration package is over $2million mkt cap re $346mill
    NST MD package re $900,000 mkt cap re $633 mill Fantastic management
    RRL MD package re $650-$700,000 Mkt cap$717 mill
    SBM Remun MD package $1 mill plus mkt cap re $35 million!!!! oink oink

JT, suggest concentrating on the bigger ticket items that make a fundamental difference to value in the company.
    I'm not advocating ridiculous CEO packages, but its never a major consideration for me as an investor or trader.
    Performance of the CEO yes, pay definitely not, unless its a penny dreadful.
    SBM, is interesting though... I give you that.

Nice day, up 8%!
    Huge short position in EVN, the equivalent of 15-16 days of average trading volume.
    Up much more & there will be a huge short covering rally imo.