sharetrader
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sparky The Clown It depends on your taste. A lot of people do not like Starbucks Coffee. It has a strange taste compared to other coffee places. With me McDonalds quick serve at the take away counter is very poor but much better than Starbucks Basic. There basic is that foul I will not bother to try the others. If I am with someone who wants to go to Starbucks. I definitely do not order coffee. Esquires is slightly below average but leaves Starbucks for dead.
    Possum The Cat

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
    It depends on your taste.
    I suppose the question is: Whether your subjective preference of the taste of coffee is sufficient information on which to base an investment.

Are you something of a connoisseur, POSSUM THE CAT?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown;

I am struggling to work out what the exciting part of this deal
    If they can become the number 2 to Starbucks, that would be fantastic (think burger king, Pepsi). As long a they don't end up like Country Fried Chicken.

Robbo24 I know what I like & know others with the same thoughts. Daughter will drink it in strange places as she says it is at least consistant. Me I would sooner drink plain H2O. Which is the distilled version & not that pleasant a taste. Most tap waters are far more pleasant than pure distilled water.
    Possum The Cat

Guru

Fantastic puff piece by their PR team - X will open 150 stores, Y will open 50 ...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10892445

Until the existing dodgy lot ruin it with a WTF comment at the end. a food processing firm and a retail business ?!?!?!?!?!
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

and become the new Starbucks

Advanced Member

Hmmm. Reading with interest that they got Norah Barlow on board as an independent director. CGF looks interesting but I personally HATE chain coffee houses.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face Not doing so well and need to beg - please buy some shares

Firstly I should say that I do not own shares in CGF, have no current intention of so doing (they are a very illiquid liquid seller ) and have just returned from the GCC area where I did not even see an Esquires coffee house. If you go to that part of the world you can get great coffee with cardamon and other spices in it.

But having picked this for the contest this year and being down 17% on it already, in attempt to improve my position I feel I need to make you all aware of this announcement:

COOKS SIGNS ESQUIRES FRANCHISE DEALS IN OMAN & QATAR:
    ACQUIRES DESIGN HOUSE
    Design expertise and beverage products supplied from New Zealand

Listed Cooks Global Foods (NZX:CGF) announces it now has commitments for more than 80 Esquires Coffee Houses in the world’s most influential Arab economic alliance.

Master Franchisees reporting to Cooks currently operate 16 stores in Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC) countries Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and the UAE. Now Cooks has signed master franchise agreements for Oman and Qatar, the remaining two GCC regional nations.

The Oman and Qatar deal will lead to at least 16 Esquires stores opening. The master franchisee is Al Barzah Restaurant Management LLC whose principal is also a shareholder in the UAE master franchise.

The first outlets in each of Oman and Qatar are expected to open within the next six months while a further 10 new stores are planned across the GCC this year alone.

Cooks will be working with its new partner to approve sites for Oman and Qatar over the coming months. Executive director Stuart Deeks says Esquires’ projected growth has resulted in a new opportunity to bring store design in house while also improving group profitability.

“To meet the design needs for our projected growth we have purchased Design Environments, the previously privately owned retail design house that has been working with us for the past decade,” Deeks says.

“Design Environments is highly regarded and this acquisition will enable us to grow and better service existing clients under the proven leadership of John MacDonald who previously owned the company.

“Importantly, it also enables us to bring design and brand management in house for Esquires for a much more efficient supply chain from a new profit centre for the group supporting a strong existing client base.”

Design Environments has a staff of five and is currently recruiting new retail architectural and interior / graphic designers to handle the planned growth. The company has designed interiors for the coffee chain throughout New Zealand, China and the Middle East.

The purchase price will be satisfied in cash and is undisclosed as it is not material and represents comfortably less than 5 per cent of Cooks’ market capitalisation.

Cooks is the exclusive supplier of key consumables for its rapidly growing global business including coffee, tea products, syrups and powders. Stuart Deeks is co-founder of Esquires in New Zealand and has been working for four years to complete the licencing of the GCC region which he says has some of the highest levels of disposable income and GDP in the world.

“This latest territory sale is a very important one for the business,” Deeks commented. “Brand New Zealand is very well regarded in the GCC where there is significant awareness and respect for all things Kiwi. The Free Trade agreement signed between New Zealand and the GCC has only strengthened the opportunity for New Zealand exporters,” he says.

“We are very pleased with progress overall. There are a number of new opportunities we are working on at the moment including gaining efficiencies and further building group profitability. We are introducing the recently acquired Scarborough Fair range of products into the Esquires retail business as well as a number of acquisitions and new territories currently in negotiation.”

Deeks, whose responsibilities include development of new markets returned briefly to New Zealand last week after negotiating the GCC agreements. He also spent two months visiting India, Turkey, Romania, Egypt, Singapore, Malaysia, the UK, Ireland and Canada sounding out growth opportunities for the Esquires business.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Banned

I note today that CGF are outside their projected EBITDA parameters and are begging ANZ to keep them on already. If they're hitting trouble already how nasty is it going to get in 2015?

Also note that the Director is also behind the pretty much failed TRS/Mega backdoor shenanigans.

Nice little brown nosing comment at the end of the ann as well. They'll have to stack more of those up soon if they want to keep being handed money!

COOKS GLOBAL FOODS NEWSLETTER ISSUE #2
    Introduction
    It has been a busy time since the last newsletter with 7 new stores opening around the world. These were in Jakarta (2), China (2) and Dubai. We are very excited to advise that the first stores in Egypt are open this week taking the total operating to 85.

In addition we now have had 12 stores rebranded in England as part of the overall rebranding.

We published the company’s financial accounts and report for the first six months of the current financial year on 14th December and the highlights are included in this newsletter. Positive progress is being made on all fronts around the world.

The company is undertaking a major restructuring of its shareholding at present and we are delighted to welcome Jiajiayue Group (JJY) as a major shareholder and Chairman Wang, the founder of the group as a new Director of Cooks. We have further information about JJY in the newsletter.

In addition YMCI have increased their investment and as a result Mr Ji Hui will also join the Board of CGF. YMCI are currently the #2 shareholder and are owned by the government of Yunnan Province in China.

These changes strengthen our shareholder base and include two key strategic partners as an integral part of the company’s shareholding and Board structure.

With the shareholding and Board changes it is appropriate to bring all key business partners together and the company will hold its first international conference in Ireland in March 2016. I intend to move this event around the various locations over time so that all key business partners know first-hand about the various markets and environments.

I would like to wish all readers a very happy and safe festive season as we move toward a new and exciting year of 2016. In New Zealand we are entering our summer holiday season whilst many of you are into winter. Wherever you are I trust that 2016 is a fantastic year both personally and for the company as we strive to deliver on the vision to become the world’s leading Organic and Fairtrade Coffee Retailer.
    HIGHLIGHTS FOR SIX MONTH PERIOD ENDED 30 SEPTEMBER 2015
    Cooks remains focussed on building on our existing platform to achieve critical mass through both natural and acquired growth. We are particularly pleased with the progress the company has made securing strong strategic investors to enable the company to carry out its future growth aspirations.

In November, Cooks gained shareholder approval for the sale of shares by its largest shareholder, DSL Management Limited, to China’s Jiajiayue Group (JJY) and new strategic investors via a special purpose vehicle, Cooks Investment Holdings Limited (CIHL). At the same time, a further injection of $9 million equity was received
    from the same investors and will help fund Esquires Coffee growth plans including the roll out of new stores across China, the Middle East, UK, Ireland and North America and the redevelopment of existing stores.

During the first half of the current financial year, Cooks, through Esquires Coffee, added to its global footprint. Key developments included the signing of a master franchise agreement for Egypt which envisages the development of 50 stores over a ten year period. A further master franchise agreement was recently signed for Jordan which will bring another 10 stores to the group as well as 30 coffee carts, a new innovation for Esquires.
    85 AND COUNTING
    NEW OPENINGS
    - Mall of Arabia, Fountain Park (Egypt)
    - Mall of Arabia, Kiosk (Egypt)
    - Beijing Fun Capital Holiday Plaza (China)
    - Hunan Xiangtan Dongfanghong Plaza (China)
    - Belpark (Indonesia)
    - Bintaro (Indonesia)
    - Jeddah Airport II (Saudi Arabia)
    OPENING SOON

- Fishermans Wharf Mall, Hunan (China)
    - Chenzhou BBG Mall, Hunan (China)
    - Dragon Mall (Bahrain)
    - Abu Dhabi Mall (Abu Dhabi)
    TOP 10 HIGHEST GROWTH STORES

trading since same period last year
    ESQUIRES COFFEE - IRELAND
    With details of the inaugural Cooks Global Foods Conference to be held in Ireland in March 2016 soon to be announced, we felt it pertinent that Tony McVerry gave us all an insight into Ireland, the country and our Esquires Ireland Team.
    IRELAND MANAGEMENT TEAM
    OUR PROUD IRISH FRANCHISEES AND THEIR STORES
    Esquires Coffee started off life in Ireland in 2001 when Tony McVerry bought the Master Franchise for Ireland from Esquires in Canada. Coincidentally the person negotiating on behalf of Esquires Coffee in Canada was non other than Peter Wudy who I am delighted to say is back in the organisation once more flying the flag for Esquires in England.

In the earlier years Esquires experienced good growth but the very harsh recession that Ireland endured between 2007 – 2013 took its toll on the company as it did on the whole hospitality industry. When the International Monetary Fund has to come in and rescue a country you know you’re in serious trouble! While Ireland had a few very tough years it has bounced back and come out the other end. The economy is in good shape and everyone feels a lot more positive about wanting to do business.

The Irish operation currently has 8 well appointed vibrant stores with 3 more on the drawing board. A number of the more recent stores have the new Esquires design and are very much at the cutting edge of upmarket cafe design.

For those of you who may not be that familiar with Ireland, a few interesting facts for you:
    ....and finally the average life expectancy at birth in Ireland is 80.44 years, so, I think most of us would settle for that!!
    DREAMING OF AN IRISH CHRISTMAS
    Dreaming of a white Christmas is not all that Esquires Ireland have been upto!
    They have all been creating new exciting Christmas drinks, sensational latte art and scrumptious cakes and cupcakes, all celebrating the Christmas season.
    IT'S A WRAP
    STOP PRESS!!!
    Check out Ireland's special Christmas wrap!!
    Making the most of every opportunity to promote our organic and Fairtrade values, the use of the coffee machine has proved to be a perfect medium. Because the coffee machine is the point of focus on all counters and traditionally faces the customers. It’s potential to tell our story is a unique prospect.

For the recent new openings in Ireland a striking vinyl wrap was developed, primarily for the Ranchilio machine but can be adapted to other makes and models.

Ideally we would like this message communicated on all machines…
    Send Design Environments your machines’ make and model and we will revise artwork to fit or develop a new exciting message.
    HARD WORK SEES TWO NEW EXCITING OPENINGS
    Saudi's Mohamer Hanza and his team at the opening of our second Jeddah airport location.
    A rebranded Harlow in England provides excellent signage solution that make real statement about our brand in a problematic position.
    DOING OUR BIT!
    To represent the community values and ethos of Esquires and Cooks Global Foods we volunteered to clean up a small part of our beautiful city of Auckland. We chose Arch Hill Scenic Reserve which is very close to the city and offers beautiful walks and is a mecca for mountain bike riders who are catered for with specially design tracks.

Unfortunately, as in any part of the world some people do not appreciate their beautiful surroundings and dispose of their rubbish in areas such as Arch Hill Reserve which because it is a very bushy nature collects a lot of dumped rubbish. We spent an hour and half in the reserve and were amazed at some of the items we found, and made our decision to clean up this area even more worthwhile. We all came away happy that we had made a small difference and this volunteer day will now be a yearly commitment at Christmas. The day was capped off with sharing an excellent Xmas lunch together to celebrate the work done and the end of another year.
    THE NZI SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS AWARDS
    It was an eye-opening event that showed us how many brilliant businesses and exceptionally successful young start-ups in NZ are striving to keep the planet clean and people happy and healthy.
    A heartwarming experience that only multiplied the aspiration to do good, do make every effort we can to contribute to green philosophy.

Every little step & effort matters, so let’s do what we can, even if we are starting from baby steps- to be good and do good. Cooks Global Foods are a member of this influential organization.

Here is extraction from SBN website:
    The NZI Sustainable Business Network Awards, which have been running for 13 years, are the pre-eminent and longest-standing sustainability awards in New Zealand.
    They celebrate the contribution businesses, government agencies, social enterprises and individuals are making to transforming New Zealand to a model sustainable nation.

Link to the event page:
    http://sustainable.org.nz/awards/

Last edited by mccollr; 17-12-2015 at 08:30 PM.