sharetrader
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    ANZ do not add your DRP shares to your portfolio. You have to do that manually. They simply calculate the rights on your total in your portfolio at the time. You will need to manually update both the shares and rights yourself.
    Thanks 777 - that explains it - they hadn't counted the last 2 DRPs in the calculation. I had to add a new "BONUS ISSUE" transaction to get the rights up to the correct amount. They don't allow editing of the "TRADABLE_RIGHTS_ISSUE" transaction.

So how does one take advantage of the 2 for 9 offer? I was hoping there's be something from computershare or asb or something in the mail, but nothing. Hopefully it's not through the mail because I never get mine until it's past the time

Guru

Well it has nothing to do with ASB. They are simply share brokers. So expect it from VHP via their transfer agent(Link or Computershare, not sure who they use).
    Mail or email? Depends how you have set up your communications.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    So how does one take advantage of the 2 for 9 offer? I was hoping there's be something from computershare or asb or something in the mail, but nothing. Hopefully it's not through the mail because I never get mine until it's past the time
    Don't panic! Expected mailing of offer 1 July; offer closes 19 July.

(From company announcement)

Hi, I am a newbie on this rights offer. So from what I understand, ASB Securities should calculate and add VHPRC.NZX to my portfolio and I would be able to sell it in case I do not want to take up my entitlement. Is that right? So far I havent had anything change in my portfolio???

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by smalltrader View Post
    Hi, I am a newbie on this rights offer. So from what I understand, ASB Securities should calculate and add VHPRC.NZX to my portfolio and I would be able to sell it in case I do not want to take up my entitlement. Is that right? So far I havent had anything change in my portfolio???
    You will get your entitlement in the mail shortly. That will confirm the number of rights hold. You can then sell that number the same way you sell any shares.

Don't get hung up on the Portfolio facility the brokers offer. It is for info only and only has trades you have done with that particular broker. Some people use multiple brokers so those trades won't reflect in other brokers portfolios. You have to make manual adjustments for those other trades.

Look at my post #63. Brokers are brokers nothing else. Your share holdings are managed by the registries. Big difference.

Thanks you so much for the clarification 777. Just one last question. So in case of selling the rights, I can just go sell, select Vhprc.nzx, choose the number... in ASBsecurities..eventhough its not appearing in my portfolio list???

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by smalltrader View Post
    Thanks you so much for the clarification 777. Just one last question. So in case of selling the rights, I can just go sell, select Vhprc.nzx, choose the number... in ASBsecurities..eventhough its not appearing in my portfolio list???
    Yep. As easy as that.

By the 1st of December 2016, VHP will become a registered managed investment scheme under the FMCA. Does anyone know what the implications of this are? Will this mean no more distributions and instead there will be dividends, or what? Will is mean that people can pour money in and they can expand quicker?

A tidy profit from the rights issue of $1.1m for the underwriter, Forsyth Barr at today's VWAP of $2.195.

With 87% of new units taken up, remind me again why shareholders had to transfer $1.1m to Forsyth Barr?