sharetrader
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

https://mindfulmoney.nz/ is a new tool looking to cover ethical investment but also returns

IMO

Simplicity also offering lower interest home loans

"To celebrate, we're now offering first home loans charging just 2.95% interest.

How can we do it? It's simple.

Currently, all our KiwiSaver and Investment funds have some investments in bank deposits.

The banks then lend those deposits as home loans, making huge profits.

By offering first home loans directly to our members, we're cutting out the middleman.

And because the interest paid to us by borrowers will be higher than bank deposit rates, returns to KiwiSaver and Investment funds should be higher.

And lending directly to our members will make their first homes easier to afford."

I switched to Simplicity a few months ago and while it is obviously early days, I am very impressed and very happy with my decision. They are a bunch of down to earth, genuine people who are passionate and dedicated and their communications and customer service are excellent. Their home loan announcement today, is too late for me, but I will be encouraging my adult children to seriously consider switching to Simplicity.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Simplicity also offering lower interest home loans

"To celebrate, we're now offering first home loans charging just 2.95% interest.

How can we do it? It's simple.

Currently, all our KiwiSaver and Investment funds have some investments in bank deposits.

The banks then lend those deposits as home loans, making huge profits.

By offering first home loans directly to our members, we're cutting out the middleman.

And because the interest paid to us by borrowers will be higher than bank deposit rates, returns to KiwiSaver and Investment funds should be higher.

And lending directly to our members will make their first homes easier to afford."
    Be interesting to see how this goes , if there was for some reason a large number of redemptions , could they have to call the mortgage in ?

I was wondering that too but from what I can tell I don't think they will be issuing huge numbers of mortgages, at least not initially. They are doing it by ballot - which makes me think they will approve a small number of applications for each ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Be interesting to see how this goes , if there was for some reason a large number of redemptions , could they have to call the mortgage in ?

Also interesting to note that the 2.95% rate will be floating rather than fixed. They mentioned in one of their videos they aim to undercut the lowest fixed rate on offer by at least 20%

If I was looking for my first home i'd definitely be keen to take on this offer!
    Last edited by Bitcoin; 15-10-2019 at 08:13 AM. Reason: meaning wasn't clear

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bitcoin View Post
    Also interesting to note that the 2.95% rate will be floating rather than fixed. They mentioned in one of their videos they aim to undercut the lowest fixed rate on offer by at least 20%

If I was looking for my first home i'd definitely be keen to take on this offer!
    Bank of china is offering 3.15 5 fixed for 1 year , so they might have to drop the rates a bit .......

Advanced Member

Latest QTR Kiwisaver reports out .
    Juno aka PIE Funds has taken out # 1 in the Growth category ...not bad going in their first year .

https://cdn.morningstar.com.au/mca/s...ey-Q3-2019.pdf

Dilettante

Interesting reading. I swapped from Kiwi Wealth to Simplicity at the start of the year after very poor performance by Kiwi Wealth in the previous 12-18 months. I note from reading this that they continue their poor performance. Seems to have gone downhill after Kiwibank bought out Gareth Morgan

Me too. Very happy with Simplicity so far.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Interesting reading. I swapped from Kiwi Wealth to Simplicity at the start of the year after very poor performance by Kiwi Wealth in the previous 12-18 months. I note from reading this that they continue their poor performance. Seems to have gone downhill after Kiwibank bought out Gareth Morgan