sharetrader
Page 264 of 687 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 6868
    Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    Maccas announced a NZ expansion. Very good sign for a mature company.... Watching the USA with interest.

Just did a quick Google and found: https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fo...531238ed73c18b

Good way to build the loyalty database.....
    Link to the article about Maccas spending $100m for expansion across the nation.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12245379

Its a premium/pay walled article, but you can read little bits and pieces. Read the full article in print version and they're looking add another 22 stores across NZ where customers are currently not serviced.

Looks very promising.
    Last edited by sb9; 02-07-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Outside thinking.

Thanks Lola and Food4Thought for sharing your XRO/PLX thoughts. I recall missing out on the early stages of XRO and vowing that I would "make sure not to miss the next XRO".

I'm pleased to say I caught the ATM wave from back in the 50c days (now freeholded in my portfolio.) and if you read back on this forum you'll find I was an early investor in PLX (from 19.5c) and it is great to now have my enthusiasm for PLX shared by others.

Thanks sb9 for posting the news of MacD's expansion in NZ. Very exciting!!

Crikey, PLX might indeed be the next XRO!!! (That said I would like to see a few more stats to support their stella SP and can't wait for the next update.) GLH.

Guru

On the move again today , up .02 .

Extremely dry on the sell side.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

$1.20! WOW

I bought in at 49c and then sold 2/3rds at 87c as I got a bit nervous. Now I'm sitting here thinking maybe I should buy back in.. and while I sit on my hands humming and hawwing the price continues to rise. This reminds me of ATM and I sat on my hands for over $3 worth of dithering early on .... I'm pretty sure it was you Left field that finally tipped me over the edge to buy ATM and that made me a tidy gain.

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    I bought in at 49c and then sold 2/3rds at 87c as I got a bit nervous. Now I'm sitting here thinking maybe I should buy back in.. and while I sit on my hands humming and hawwing the price continues to rise. This reminds me of ATM and I sat on my hands for over $3 worth of dithering early on .... I'm pretty sure it was you Left field that finally tipped me over the edge to buy ATM and that made me a tidy gain.
    On average you are up... nicely already... You can afford to loose a bit to stay even?

Will 5k+ of shares ruin you financially? Will the gain outweigh the risk...

These are considerations I made.

I didn't want to go (like numerous others)... XRO... could shoulda.... lessons learned.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

I bought in at 30 cents then sold a few when they went up. When i realised they were going up and up i bought them back albeit for more than i sold them for. But it has ended up being a good decision

Outside thinking.

Good on you Suse. Glad you have made some gains.

Holders have had a good run with PLX, though I suspect it is getting a bit 'toppy' at the moment (relative strength at 80 around $1.20) and recent gains smack of 'hype' (in the absence of company news.) Happy to be proven wrong tho'.

That said PLX is one of my top 3 holdings and has provided some fab $ gains recently. I propose to continue to hold until I see an update from the company that will allow me to make further decisions, and will average up/down accordingly.

For holders, good protection with a rapidly rising share like this, is to make sure our average holding price is safely below the current SP (say by 40%) e.g. At $1.20 my av holding price is just on .50c, so I have a protective margin (which I call my 'moat'), of around 100%.

Remember XRO went from $40 a share down to around $14 at one stage. PEB from around $1.60 to today's paltry levels.

As usual DYOR and take responsibility for your own decisions. GLH!!
    Last edited by Leftfield; 03-07-2019 at 01:46 PM.

bit of profit taking at the mo,what do you guys think the SP will settle at?Just in case I push the buy button again.

If it goes down to $1.00 I am in again