sharetrader
Page 265 of 689 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 6886

No idea. Are you an investor or a speculator? How to tell the difference:

1. Investor: You believe in the long term future of the business?: Buy in when you can at any price. Price fluctuations dont matter. Entry price is irrelevant.
    2. Speculator: Minor fluctuations make you sweaty. You lose sleep when a stock goes down.

Basically are you trying to time the market (speculator)? There are millions of books on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    No idea. Are you an investor or a speculator? How to tell the difference:

1. Investor: You believe in the long term future of the business?: Buy in when you can at any price. Price fluctuations dont matter. Entry price is irrelevant.
    2. Speculator: Minor fluctuations make you sweaty. You lose sleep when a stock goes down.
    Interesting. I am both but with my feet more on the speculative side. Couple of shares that I am definitely invested in. The rest is just play (or is that pray) but my portfolio is never going to be big enough to make me wealthy

A backdoor list with the founders selling out as fast as they can - to be the next Xero?

Well, you know the drill - 'move 'em up and sell 'em to 'em!
    Last edited by Balance; 04-07-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    A backdoor list with the founders selling out as fast as they can - to be the next Xero?

Well, you know the drill - 'move 'em up and sell 'em to 'em!
    Good to see a different perspective. Just curious, what kind of changes would you need to see to consider the company might have changed its ways? They seem like a very different company to back in the VMOB days to me, much more substance and less showy.

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    Interesting. I am both but with my feet more on the speculative side. Couple of shares that I am definitely invested in. The rest is just play (or is that pray) but my portfolio is never going to be big enough to make me wealthy
    You underestimate yourself. I encourage you to run a spreadsheet with compounding returns for assets and stretch the model out to 15 years+. It might surprise you how powerful CAGR is...Key thing is to save a good chunk and invest this. This can be done on small incomes..

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    Good to see a different perspective. Just curious, what kind of changes would you need to see to consider the company might have changed its ways? They seem like a very different company to back in the VMOB days to me, much more substance and less showy.
    Leopards never change their spots.

Can you name one backdoor list by this mob which has made money for investors beyond the initial hype and positive ramps?

Let's see -

Plus SMS,

CER,

Snakk,

SeaDragon,

Tru Test,

Orions Minerals,

TRS,

RIS Group

etc etc.

To each their own but those who ignore history are damned to repeat the mistakes.

Just like those who ignored the warnings not to touch Forsyth Barr's IPO : https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...r-crooks/page6

PS. Forgot about the greatest & latest - Cannasouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8rVI7AMKiY

"Every mistake, we surely must be learning"
    Last edited by Balance; 04-07-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Yeah VMob sounds like it was truly a backdoor list. That was why the dodgy founder was kicked out of the management.

Lefty (or was it whatsup) - told you it would get to 1 buck faster than you thought

How about 2 bucks by Xmas?

That would be rather cool
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Lefty (or was it whatsup) - told you it would get to 1 buck faster than you thought
    How about 2 bucks by Xmas?That would be rather cool
    $4.00 within 2 years - you heard it here first!

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

How about 2 bucks by Xmas?

That would be rather cool
    To me it's a little unclear what the growth trajectory is for PLX. They have been growing revenue pretty well but do they need a new McDonalds every year or two just to keep the growth going? I feel like I've got no idea where the extra money comes from. If their number of end users grows from say 100 million to 120 million, does that equate to 20% revenue growth? Probably not but what does it equate to?

There is revenue from setting up new customers, running services and processing transactions. But in what proportion? At least with XRO it was easy: roughly $30 per user per month.