sharetrader
Page 239 of 687 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 6868
    Outside thinking.

More info' on PLX FYI as provided to the recent Forbar investor forums.

Some useful information tho' a bit light on financials!

(Disc small speculative hold)

Wired.com has an article entitled

“McDonald’s bites on big data with $300 Million Acquisition”

Guru

Can someone post a link ?

Just go to wired.com and it is on their home page

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

One link delivery: https://www.wired.com/story/mcdonald...d-acquisition/

Hope they acquire PLX too
    $300 million will be a great price

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    One link delivery: https://www.wired.com/story/mcdonald...d-acquisition/

Hope they acquire PLX too
    $300 million will be a great price
    McDonald’s vetted around 30 firms offering similar personalization engine services, and landed on Dynamic Yield after proving out the technology in the Miami pilot. “It’s probably less about the product and more about the data scientists that come with it, the people that come with it, and their ability to move quickly with us,” says Henry.

Considering PLX is also a personalization engine, I daresay they would have been part of the vetting process and missed out. I'm not sure how deep PLX's data scientist bench is in terms of employee's. I've never heard them talk about their team, only their tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobber View Post
    Considering PLX is also a personalization engine, I daresay they would have been part of the vetting process and missed out. I'm not sure how deep PLX's data scientist bench is in terms of employee's. I've never heard them talk about their team, only their tech.
    I was thinking there was a good chance that PLX missed out too, although given it was a $US300 million, maybe PLX just wasn’t large enough to make the grade.

PLX have been making good progress in the past couple of years but my biggest worry is that one of their larger customers would leave, and they don’t seem to have that many customers. This news increases the risk of that slightly.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    I was thinking there was a good chance that PLX missed out too, although given it was a $US300 million, maybe PLX just wasn’t large enough to make the grade.

PLX have been making good progress in the past couple of years but my biggest worry is that one of their larger customers would leave, and they don’t seem to have that many customers. This news increases the risk of that slightly.

IMO it gives us a market to be aiming at, there are heaps or customers out there if they are convinced that PLS is on the right track.

Current market cap for PLX is about US $26M which is peanuts. NZ shareholders would probably drop their trousers an bend over for not much more than that. Plexure could be a cheap bolt on for their recent acquisition and also ensure that Mc Donald’s do not have any competitors using the PLX software.
    Last edited by Brain; 30-03-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Current market cap for PLX is about US $26M which is peanuts. NZ shareholders would probably drop their trousers an bend over for not much more than that. Plexure could be a cheap bolt on for their recent acquisition and also ensure that Mc Donald’s do not have any competitors using the PLX software.
    PLX has been around for years, competitor uptake has been minimal. Over 30 companies were vetted, that just goes to show that globally this field already has a lot of players. My biggest concern is the overlap between PLX offerings and the company McDonalds just bought. Essentially the only component that PLX provides to McDonalds is the app integration functionality. I'm picking this is the reason for PLX making a big investment in their platform in the last 6 months. Maybe the platform isn't as bulletproof as they thought. I'm sure we will find out more in a few months.