sharetrader
Page 416 of 689 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 6889

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    It may be to acquire customers or to integrate into related services such as payment processing for orders and clipping the ticket.

Maybe PLX tech is good for food purchases but they need to develop different tech and databases for the AI to work for fashion stores or other target customers???

I don't understand the idea of "acquiring customers". You mean buying a similar business that is doing the same thing already for other businesses? I would run a mile if they were mulling that. I've bought a very small holding as I like their story even though I'm not sure it is entirely clear to me and I find the whole M&A talk a bit off-putting as it does not make any obvious sense to me, and is one of those things that can derail a company.

Featured on a wealth morning article today. got the attention of my boss... I assume it will get the attention of many others in the financial advisory industry... We will see!

Plexure — why does it show potential?
    The core of Plexure’s business model is to connect brands with consumers.
    Their objective is to enable brands to build strong relationships with customers, and have them coming back for more, along with additionally referring new consumers.
    Plexure enables businesses to have loyalty programmes — offering discounts to consumers who use their app to make purchases.
    Many businesses across the world have a partnership with Plexure, including McDonald’s, 7-Eleven, and even supermarket chains in Indonesia.
    In fact, McDonald’s actually owns a 10% stake in Plexure.
    Plexure’s app, that has been provided for McDonald’s, is being used in 48 countries around the world.
    In fact, it is actually in every McDonald’s franchise in Japan.
    Japan is the second-largest consumer in the world for McDonald’s.
    Despite this company having a high P/E and appearing to be overvalued, it always seems to show promise. It is constantly growing, and they are always forming new partnerships all the time.
    Earlier in 2020, they even made an announcement that they were raising capital and going ahead with becoming listed on the Australian Securities Exchange.
    As of March 31st 2020, the company released its annual report on how well the company performed from the year 2019. They were, in fact, up 51% in revenue from last year, along with being up 243% in net revenue.
    I find this highly remarkable, as they were operating amidst a global pandemic.

Alistair Bilkey
    Analyst, Wealth Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    Featured on a wealth morning article today. got the attention of my boss... I assume it will get the attention of many others in the financial advisory industry... We will see!

Plexure — why does it show potential?
    The core of Plexure’s business model is to connect brands with consumers.
    Their objective is to enable brands to build strong relationships with customers, and have them coming back for more, along with additionally referring new consumers.
    Plexure enables businesses to have loyalty programmes — offering discounts to consumers who use their app to make purchases.
    Many businesses across the world have a partnership with Plexure, including McDonald’s, 7-Eleven, and even supermarket chains in Indonesia.
    In fact, McDonald’s actually owns a 10% stake in Plexure.
    Plexure’s app, that has been provided for McDonald’s, is being used in 48 countries around the world.
    In fact, it is actually in every McDonald’s franchise in Japan.
    Japan is the second-largest consumer in the world for McDonald’s.
    Despite this company having a high P/E and appearing to be overvalued, it always seems to show promise. It is constantly growing, and they are always forming new partnerships all the time.
    Earlier in 2020, they even made an announcement that they were raising capital and going ahead with becoming listed on the Australian Securities Exchange.
    As of March 31st 2020, the company released its annual report on how well the company performed from the year 2019. They were, in fact, up 51% in revenue from last year, along with being up 243% in net revenue.
    I find this highly remarkable, as they were operating amidst a global pandemic.

Alistair Bilkey
    Analyst, Wealth Morning

Thanks for sharing checkmate. More info to consider the better.

Would have to say though, it's a fairly high-level and surface skim of PLX. And not particularly well written - while it's not the grammar the counts, it does contribute to the overall picture and what the opinion is worth.

"It is constantly growing and they are always forming new partnerships all the time" - sounds like something from a secondary school finance project.

"I find this highly remarkable..." - let's not blow smoke, FY20 was minimally impacted by COVID outside China. Maybe 2-3 weeks in wider Asia and Pacific at end of March.

Assessment of position with McDonalds also high level - nothing to address concentration risk, or limiting of competition from other restaurateurs.

PE at 210x a fairly high premium at the moment. As has previously been commented, would want to see some strong FY21 H1 top line growth to support that valuation multiple.

All of that aside, any publicity is good publicity as they say. PLX starting to get noticed.
    Last edited by wagwan; 28-10-2020 at 02:09 PM.

Disappointing to hear that other Mac Donald's use there own technology for customer engagement, could this mean that revenue will be plateauing from the Mac Donald Stores that currently use Plexure technology.

Signs on White castle in July 2019. (Could be there last fast food customer since Mac Donald's investment preventing Plexure from working with competition)

Signs on Super-Indo in February 2020. (Re-direction into grocery sectors)

Acquired any new customers since? (Significant marketing team in north america as this is the main target stated in AGM)

ASX-listing over its guided date could they be having trouble finding investors.

Quote Originally Posted by Hello123 View Post
    Disappointing to hear that other Mac Donald's use there own technology for customer engagement......
    Hello Hello. Yes that seems potentially a bit concerning to me too. You would think that ultimately MCD would choose one of the platforms as being superior, unless they are much of a muchness. Maybe just a matter of time.
    Last edited by Biscuit; 28-10-2020 at 05:26 PM.

They have always been a bit delayed with news. So maybe we will find out Nov.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Hello123 View Post
    Disappointing to hear that other Mac Donald's use there own technology for customer engagement, could this mean that revenue will be plateauing from the Mac Donald Stores that currently use Plexure technology
    You should be able to figure this out, and I think you'll find that only a small minority of McD's global outlets use another tech. McD's has two operating models, corporate owned stores (minority) and franchise stores (majority). Look up how many of each on the McD's corporate site and in their reporting, then look up Plexure footprint in McD's stores globally. It stands to reason that some of the franchises might have invested in another tech. See if you can figure out the Plexure footprint, give or take a few outlets out of the tens of thousands worldwide.

It's not something I'm worried about at all, Plexure has by far the largest coverage of McD's tech (mobile app etc) worldwide, than a few franchises that have cut their own path.

DYOR, it really helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    You should be able to figure this out, and I think you'll find that only a small minority of McD's global outlets use another tech. McD's has two operating models, corporate owned stores (minority) and franchise stores (majority). Look up how many of each on the McD's corporate site and in their reporting, then look up Plexure footprint in McD's stores globally. It stands to reason that some of the franchises might have invested in another tech. See if you can figure out the Plexure footprint, give or take a few outlets out of the tens of thousands worldwide.

It's not something I'm worried about at all, Plexure has by far the largest coverage of McD's tech (mobile app etc) worldwide, than a few franchises that have cut their own path.

DYOR, it really helps.
    Alright thanks Baa Baa, Ill take a look.

Emailed Andrew Dalziel CFO of Plexure and asked if they had any updates for the ASX listing and he obviously couldn’t give me any details but he said “very soon” so hopefully early November we will have some details!

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    Emailed Andrew Dalziel CFO of Plexure and asked if they had any updates for the ASX listing and he obviously couldn’t give me any details but he said “very soon” so hopefully early November we will have some details!
    Looking like a good day to hoover some more up!