sharetrader
Page 411 of 687 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421461511 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 6868
    Guru

yes , ahh no, i mean , for goodness sake please stay on topic. we will be moderated, always drink your french champagne in moderation, that should be the Jane message.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    yes , ahh no, i mean , for goodness sake please stay on topic. we will be moderated, always drink your french champagne in moderation, that should be the Jane message.
    You having a champagne breakfast or something
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Hey guys and girls, does anyone have an idea what analysts if any cover Plexure? Had a look through Craig’s, Forsyth, FNZC etc and there’s absolutely nothing.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    Hey guys and girls, does anyone have an idea what analysts if any cover Plexure? Had a look through Craig’s, Forsyth, FNZC etc and there’s absolutely nothing.
    Suspect it's way too small for them (yet). I recall talking to a broker years ago and he said ATM never even entered their radar till it was over $4.00 (by then I was about 800% up.)

Those of us who like small cap stocks thrive on brokers ignorance.

That said the reason PLX is courting ASX listing is to change brokers perceptions and us small people will hopefully enjoy the ride.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 16-10-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Suspect it's way too small for them (yet). I recall talking to a broker years ago and he said ATM never even entered their radar till it was over $4.00 (by then I was about 800% up.)

Those of us who like small cap stocks thrive on brokers ignorance.

That said the reason PLX is courting ASX listing is to change brokers perceptions and us small people will hopefully enjoy the ride.
    Hey LeftField that sounds in line with what Jim Slater recommends on his book The Zulu Principle (thanks to Percy).

The summary of the principle is the one below, but unsure if applies to PLX:

A low PEG (price-earnings ratio relative to the growth rate) below, say, 0.75
    A prospective price-earnings ratio of not less than 20 – “the preferred range for a P/E is 10-20 with forecast growth rates of 15-30%”. He is wary where growth exceeds these levels, as that sort of growth rate is usually unsustainable.
    Strong cash flow per share in excess of earnings per share (EPS), both for the last reported year and for the five-year average.
    Strong financial liquidity evidenced by positive cash or gearing below 50%, although exceptions are made where a stock is unusually cash generative or there are pending asset sales.

Would you mind commenting on this please?.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    Hey LeftField that sounds in line with what Jim Slater recommends on his book The Zulu Principle (thanks to Percy).

The summary of the principle is the one below, but unsure if applies to PLX:

A low PEG (price-earnings ratio relative to the growth rate) below, say, 0.75
    A prospective price-earnings ratio of not less than 20 – “the preferred range for a P/E is 10-20 with forecast growth rates of 15-30%”. He is wary where growth exceeds these levels, as that sort of growth rate is usually unsustainable.
    Strong cash flow per share in excess of earnings per share (EPS), both for the last reported year and for the five-year average.
    Strong financial liquidity evidenced by positive cash or gearing below 50%, although exceptions are made where a stock is unusually cash generative or there are pending asset sales.

Would you mind commenting on this please?.
    Mauro, you are on target. I am a big fan of Jim Slater's investment strategies and they have worked exceptionally well for me.

As to the specific measures he mentions, I will leave them to you to make your own judgement. Suffice it to say that IMO they are guides.... not rules.

In essence I look for small cap NZ companies (with international growth potential) that are close to turning profitability and have shown above av earnings growth. Look at companies such as PLX, PEB, BLT, and IKE and you get the idea. ATM has been my best success and still accounts for approx 50% of my portfolio (as JS also say's.... let your successes run.)

FWIW I have held PLX from 17.5c but traded up big time when the McD announcement was made. I'm currently up 350% on my av SP which provides me a useful protective moat. If you are thinking of investing at todays SP you need to make your own decisions.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 16-10-2020 at 07:47 PM.

learning to see in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    https://simplywall.st/stocks/nz/soft...e-group-shares

Not a site a recommend but sometimes useful insights, and some of the charts are snackable.

Mauro, you are on target. I am a big fan of Jim Slater's investment strategies and they have worked exceptionally well for me.

As to the specific measures he mentions, I will leave them to you to make your own judgement. Suffice it to say that IMO they are guides.... not rules.

In essence I look for small cap NZ companies (with international growth potential) that are close to turning profitability and have shown above av earnings growth. Look at companies such as PLX, PEB, BLT, and IKE and you get the idea. ATM has been my best success and still accounts for approx 50% of my portfolio (as JS also say's.... let your successes run.)

FWIW I have held PLX from 17.5c but traded up big time when the McD announcement was made. I'm currently up 350% on my av SP which provides me a useful protective moat. If you are thinking of investing at todays SP you need to make your own decisions.
    Thank you very much for your comments it helps and I see your point. If you don't mind I might send you a pm with a couple of questions.

Interesting to hear his son Mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqoQGKEFJxs