sharetrader
Page 242 of 687 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 6867
    2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Its a great day, great announcement, but my worry for this stock is that the convertible note will overhang here if they did their business with the wrong people. At 41.5 cents thats $5.2 million of shares they have with a initial cost of $1.6 million, so fingers cross they don't sell down. Thats why companies should never do convertible note deals, never a good sign for a share price. 12.5 million shares issued and even on a great day like this only 1.4 million shares turnover, so I think they will slowly be unloading at these levels given their 245% gain in profit.

However barring this issue, PLX is performing very well and hitting all the right notes, enormus future ahead of them. Going to be market darling one day!
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 02-04-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Its a great day, great announcement, but my worry for this stock is that the convertible note will overhang here if they did their business with the wrong people. At 41.5 cents thats $5.2 million of shares they have with a initial cost of $1.6 million, so fingers cross they don't sell down. Thats why companies should never do convertible note deals, never a good sign for a share price. 12.5 million shares issued and even on a great day like this only 1.4 million shares turnover, so I think they will slowly be unloading at these levels given their 245% gain in profit.

However barring this issue, PLX is performing very well and hitting all the right notes, enormus future ahead of them. Going to be market darling one day!

Sb888, Could be a great opportunity for a insto to get a meaningful share holding into a turn around story imo.

Outside thinking.

More details on today's news in this report.

its a great day, great announcement, but my worry for this stock is that the convertible note will overhang here if they did their business with the wrong people. At 41.5 cents thats $5.2 million of shares they have with a initial cost of $1.6 million, so fingers cross they don't sell down. Thats why companies should never do convertible note deals, never a good sign for a share price. 12.5 million shares issued and even on a great day like this only 1.4 million shares turnover, so i think they will slowly be unloading at these levels given their 245% gain in profit.

However barring this issue, plx is performing very well and hitting all the right notes, enormus future ahead of them. Going to be market darling one day!
    with respect silver lizard....who ever took up the covertibles did so when the risks were still huge. Be grateful someone thought up an acceptable deal at the time and somebody was able to take the risk. Change your name to sliver hinsight.

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    with respect silver lizard....who ever took up the covertibles did so when the risks were still huge. Be grateful someone thought up an acceptable deal at the time and somebody was able to take the risk. Change your name to sliver hinsight.
    I not saying the people don't deserve the reward for the risk they took by offering the convertible bond. I'm talking about the present predicament that the share price faces if they sell down. I'm saying the future share price of PLX in the near term could drop significantly if these guys decide to sell down directly into the market, nothing to do with hindsight, this is a future event not something that has already happened. I've seen enough share prices get destroyed and just warning that even though todays rise was great, it might not last in the short term and that is a consequence of convertible bonds. If I said this after the share prices got destroyed then you can use my new nickname, but I simply don't warrant that, at least not yet.
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 03-04-2019 at 03:21 PM.

With Maccas involvement maybe the game has changed. This in my opinion has been a more important announcement than that which is going on on the bliss thread. This could be just a foot in the door for McDonalds. If NZ shareholders are silly enough not to support the share price
    PLX will be goneburger.

Why not hold and see if you can get a 500% gain in profit? The reality is that this stock has a lot of upside now. More countries with Macca's will probably sign up, profitability should increase and your number 1 customer is guaranteed. The next 24 months for PLX are looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by cobber View Post
    why not hold and see if you can get a 500% gain in profit? The reality is that this stock has a lot of upside now. More countries with macca's will probably sign up, profitability should increase and your number 1 customer is guaranteed. The next 24 months for plx are looking good.
    fomo.........

What are the differences between PLX and SKO?

After the recent soar in SP, I wasn't sure if they are now fairly or undervalued. I had a look at SKO, just to see what its financials look like.

SKO' last FY revenue $18m and $1m NPBT. Guaranteed for growth in future and market cap at $250m.

PLX's projected FY revenue at $16.8m and profit around $1m, and that was before the Macca's investment into the company announcement. PLX's market cap is only $68m but they are expecting the similar growth as the last few periods to continue.

I know that SKO has sexier technologies than PLX, but it looks to me that PLX is still much undervalued when PLX now has money to invest into their platform and technologies for potential customers out there.

Anyone other thoughts there? Just want to see what other views are.

Quote Originally Posted by pg0220 View Post
    What are the differences between PLX and SKO?

After the recent soar in SP, I wasn't sure if they are now fairly or undervalued. I had a look at SKO, just to see what its financials look like.

SKO' last FY revenue $18m and $1m NPBT. Guaranteed for growth in future and market cap at $250m.

PLX's projected FY revenue at $16.8m and profit around $1m, and that was before the Macca's investment into the company announcement. PLX's market cap is only $68m but they are expecting the similar growth as the last few periods to continue.

I know that SKO has sexier technologies than PLX, but it looks to me that PLX is still much undervalued when PLX now has money to invest into their platform and technologies for potential customers out there.

Anyone other thoughts there? Just want to see what other views are.
    My thoughts too, however I'm a noob and still learning from past and present