sharetrader
Page 250 of 689 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300350 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 6889

Last edited by minimoke; 28-06-2019 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Deleted by Minimoke due to SDMOD censorship

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    PLX up 23% in a week and still rising, the last weeks report must be taken seriously by investors, IMO this ins not a back door ramp now.
    I concur 100%.

PLX up 23% in a week and still rising, the last weeks report must be taken seriously by investors, IMO this ins not a back door ramp now.
    Or more a case of people positioning themselves for the full year financials. If they come in better than expected then the stock could easily go through another ramp.

I think a lot of the movement (down 20% then back up the same 20%), is just movement on low volume. Not many buyers and not many sellers so it's easy to push the price around.

Also, that "back door ramp" that Drew95 posted was actually a couple of weeks old (dated 16/4) by the time it showed up here (on 29/4). I don't think it contained any new information, just gathered it all together. Roughly agrees with how I see the company: risky but good potential.

Does anyone know when FY results are announced? I guess it's May sometime but can't find a date.

Could be a few disappointed punters who missed the memo that PLX was starting to spend again and there is probably going to be no profit, especially after factoring in the convertible note.

Last edited by minimoke; 28-06-2019 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Deleted by Minimoke due to SDMOD censorship

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    I think a lot of the movement (down 20% then back up the same 20%), is just movement on low volume. Not many buyers and not many sellers so it's easy to push the price around.

Also, that "back door ramp" that Drew95 posted was actually a couple of weeks old (dated 16/4) by the time it showed up here (on 29/4). I don't think it contained any new information, just gathered it all together. Roughly agrees with how I see the company: risky but good potential.

Does anyone know when FY results are announced? I guess it's May sometime but can't find a date.

Could be a few disappointed punters who missed the memo that PLX was starting to spend again and there is probably going to be no profit, especially after factoring in the convertible note.
    They made roughly a million in the first 6 months but advised the 2nd 6 months was when they started to spend again, hence eat into those profits. So I'm expecting some kind of profit for the year.

Outside thinking.

I think we all acknowledge that PLX is a risky share (what share isn't to some degree?) PLX still has a lot to prove to the market.

PLX got a great boost with the McD buy-in at around 39c and this SP represents a 'base' which the SP has now moved ahead of. IMHO the risk remains until we get a firm update which gives us a firm indication of just what the McD investment means in terms of revenue and profitability for PLX.

With any 'risky' share my recommendations are;
    - Place it on yr watch-list and receive emailed updates from the company directly into your in box
    - Then buy in only on good news from the company (conversely if you already own some, be prepared to sell-down in the case of bad news)
    - Be prepared average up or average down as the SP fluctuates and depending on your confidence on the company's longer term performance
    - Try and keep your average holding SP at (say) a 30 to 40% discount below the current SP to give you some risk protection.

Disc. My PLX parcel buy-in prices have been; .21 (v risky based solely on improving profitability, new management and favourable TA) ; then 36.5 and 41.5c (on the day the McD deal was announced) and more recently at .52c. My current average holding SP is 39c which is approx 35% below today's SP.

So like many, I'm awaiting the next PLX market update with interest!

As always DYOR and always take sole responsibility for your own decisions.

Last edited by minimoke; 28-06-2019 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Deleted by Minimoke due to SDMOD censorship

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    I think we all acknowledge that PLX is a risky share (what share isn't to some degree?) PLX still has a lot to prove to the market.

PLX got a great boost with the McD buy-in at around 39c and this SP represents a 'base' which the SP has now moved ahead of. IMHO the risk remains until we get a firm update which gives us a firm indication of just what the McD investment means in terms of revenue and profitability for PLX.

With any 'risky' share my recommendations are;
    - Place it on yr watch-list and receive emailed updates from the company directly into your in box
    - Then buy in only on good news from the company (conversely if you already own some, be prepared to sell-down in the case of bad news)
    - Be prepared average up or average down as the SP fluctuates and depending on your confidence on the company's longer term performance
    - Try and keep your average holding SP at (say) a 30 to 40% discount below the current SP to give you some risk protection.

Disc. My PLX parcel buy-in prices have been; .21 (v risky based solely on improving profitability, new management and favourable TA) ; then 36.5 and 41.5c (on the day the McD deal was announced) and more recently at .52c. My current average holding SP is 39c which is approx 35% below today's SP.

So like many, I'm awaiting the next PLX market update with interest!

As always DYOR and always take sole responsibility for your own decisions.
    What would be then your target price? I'm new with this share, I read all this thread and soon going to read the latest report.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    What would be then your target price? I'm new with this share, I read all this thread and soon going to read the latest report.
    I'm happy with the current SP at around .50c pending an update by the company.

This report puts a target SP at .90c. So you could argue there is upside potential from the current SP, with downside risk at the MacD's buy in level of 40c.

Only when I see the next company market update (now due 21 May) will I be able to estimate a future target SP.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 15-05-2019 at 12:50 PM. Reason: to incl 21 May date