sharetrader
Page 108 of 687 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208608 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 6868

I read today reports that McDonalds Global are looking at a restructure to boost flagging sales. The Herald reports Mcdonalds will "restructure its global empire, slash costs and spruce up its menu in a turnaround plan released today called "a modern, progressive burger company."

The modern progressive burger company got my attention. There is also a plan to cut $300m in spending. Worth noting that this is a drop in the bucket of the $35b in sales in the USA.

I can't help but think that VMob will be a part of the future of McDonalds as they think of different and more effective ways of doing things.

So when I get the chance I will increase my modest holding just a little more and maintain the support I have had for VMob over the past couple of years. I am looking forward to the listing on the ASX later this year. But right now im looking forward to the investor disclosures that may accompany the next round of capital raising

They (McD's) need to make real bloody burgers mate... like burger fuel or the Tokoroa takeways..... the current little crop of so called food which is the same in every country doesn't cut it in the new NZ gourmet burger economy... that said those high end buyers are well connected to facebook offers etc etc. I see facebook as one of vmob's biggest competitiors.... MoD is one of the biggest property owning companies in the World, they will redesign the menu, suck it up and move forward.

I do agree re the blandness of the McDonalds Burgers. And I prefer them done on the BBQ. Actually I prefer Burger King (much tastier) out of the American stable of mass produced fast food stable. But saying that McDonalds does sell $35b in the USA per annum. They do have 36,000 outlets world wide. They feed 1% (or 68m people) of the world population everyday and they are the biggest.

That is not a bad client to have.

And hopefully VMob are signing up other significant clients as they expand. but I want to see the money. ACMR growth at 1600% is good but now last years news. what is the ACMR projections going to be on 1 July 2015, 1 October 2015 and 1 Jan 2016. We need the income projections and the detail in the information. Hopefully the upcoming listing on the ASX will mean much information will be provided, or they may have some difficulty raising the money they want.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by it-guy View Post
    Will be problematic if they don't manage to place the issue at 1.6c pre-consolidation.... on a positive side insto will be paying more then retail did pre the McD's announcement.
    And on the topic of capital raising, VML says:

Formal meeting matters

1. Ratification of Previous Share Private Placements

To consider and, if thought fit, to pass the following resolution as an ordinary resolution of the Company:

“That the 8,205,511 ordinary shares issued by the Company for private placement capital raising without shareholder approval since the last Annual Meeting, as allowed under NZAX Listing Rule 7.3.5, be ratified with immediate effect under, and for the purpose of, NZAX Listing Rule 7.3.5(a)(iii).”
    The Company may wish to raise further capital for growth in the short term and wishes to ensure that it has the flexibility to do so without exceeding the 25% threshold described above. NZAX Listing Rule 7.3.5(a)(iii) allows further headroom to be created for this threshold if previous share issues within the last 12 months are formally ratified by the shareholders by way of an ordinary resolution. Accordingly, the Company is seeking that Resolution 1 is passed in order to allow the Board the flexibility to decide on any such further capital raising.
    So, now VML are lining themselves up for more discretionary capital raisings.Why, knowing that they would do a pre-IPO capital raising and IPO capital raising, did they issue shares to themselves at such a discount? WHY? Not that the reason matters, because now when it's time to do a capital raising to the public (at an inflated price to what they paid) they need shareholder approval to do it because they've nearly reached their limit

Oh man this company just gets better and better - how they make me laugh and bring joy to all the kid's faces!
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw

They have to keep raising money because they are a start-up - and are still in the burning cash game. Its an unusual situation to be listed at this point in the game, normally a start-up business is going out to Vulture caps, having initially been angel funded, AND is a non listed entity at this point. Normally Listing or acquisition is the exit plan. Standard expection is a 20x return as many DONT MAKE IT.

At such an early point in any new tech space (this one being real time geo-location based client engagement) you don't expect profit, rather growth and attempt to become 1 of the dominate 3 in the global game. in fact retail normally don't even know the numbers as they are private companies at this stage ... normally.

There is no real issue with this as long as they keep extending the runway based on client onboarding.... SaaS is expensive to setup, Xero don't turn a profit and there is not much bleating so you can turn the no profit bleat off /NO_PROFIT_BLEAT=OFF

Voucher marketing is a huge business globally, still early days.

VCs expect to fund a 2nd and a 3rd round of funding in a normal start-ups life....

Robbo just as Baa is a constant up-ramper you are a constant down-ramper can you see no future in the geolocation based client engagement space? then sell up and go invest somewhere else?

Its a great civic duty , reminding us of the individuals behind VMOBs past, your a bloody legend.
    Last edited by it-guy; 06-05-2015 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by it-guy View Post
    They have to keep raising money because they are a start-up - and are still in the burning cash game ... your a bloody legend.
    Directors selling shares to themselves at 1 cent a pop, dancing a merry-ho jig about a contract they knew about, then following up with a further capital raising at a 60% premium a month or two later isn't normal startup/cash burn behaviour. VML burns cash and is relatively low on money, I get it, but selling cheap shares to yourself with insider information then trying to hock off the same deal to others at a 60% premium down the track is a bit... A bit... A bit fresh, isn't it?

You mention XRO, just imagine if the XRO directors did that. There would be blood in the streets.

Not sure there is any advantage in participating in the upcoming capital raise as the IPO on the ASX may offer discounts on this price and the SP may track down. Hard to judge what will happen over the next 6 months but I would be asking for more certainty around bothering with a 6% discount which isn't relevant to me at this stage because the SP could track down 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    Not sure there is any advantage in participating in the upcoming capital raise as the IPO on the ASX may offer discounts on this price and the SP may track down. Hard to judge what will happen over the next 6 months but I would be asking for more certainty around bothering with a 6% discount which isn't relevant to me at this stage because the SP could track down 20%.
    Robbo24's intuition card reads:
    1. Between now and ASX raise VML will release another shockingly amazing contract announcement.
    2. The ASX listing will be at a premium (albeit a small one) to the placement/SPP because otherwise it would be harder to sell an illiquid stock to placement investors.

ASX listing is meant to be all fancy and beautiful, hence the consolidation.

Now to ponder how shockingly amazing the contract announcement will be.

Yes I have been waiting for one of these to justify investing further funds. It reminds me of the have to buy now advertising retailers do when you can actually wait....

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    Yes I have been waiting for one of these to justify investing further funds. It reminds me of the have to buy now advertising retailers do when you can actually wait....
    Oh you meant like this?

Attachment 7332