sharetrader
Page 131 of 689 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231631 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 6889

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    No it doesn't, unless you assume they continue to expense growth. VMob have a massive alliance with Microsoft, they don't have to invest YoY into sales with the global presence of Microsoft selling their services. They have to invest in relationship management with Microsoft. A big difference going it alone, or going after it with one of the worlds largest tech company's. You have to get to grips with the power of leverage here. VMob could stand still on expenses and still be enormously successful, as they have the leverage of Microsoft globally. Pause, suck it in.
    MSFT salespeople have lots of customers.

They also have lots of gold and other class partners. They get commission from selling many other partners' wares to customers.

If you were an MSFT salesperson, why would you push VML down a customer's throat? How many of their customers actually need/want VML?

MSFT salespeople aren't VML robots. They are human and probably care more what's for lunch than obsessing over upselling VML to everyone they meet/email/phone
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...nflx-7-1-split

VML should do a stock split to get the ball rolling again

Heart of the City one of VML's customers, right?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...o-5-years-jail

I don't think the concept of MSFT buying out VML is too far fetched; and the Green Button business I hadn't known about until you mentioned it a couple of months or so ago, Baa, that was interesting.

My reasoning for thinking this is that we know that for some reason, Microsoft seemingly have a vested interest in vMob becoming an advertising giant.
    So we should be trying to think about why this is the case... the obvious answer that I see suggestion of is that Microsoft are happy about it because they are getting revenue (and potentially also exposure (as in getting the name out there)) from usage of the Azure platform.

I don't think so. Well sure that helps but, really? I don't buy that as being the reason one bit.
    The next obvious thing is the data that is getting sent to the Azure platform. This data is SO valuable, can you imagine; all the redemption habits, GPS locations, and all that other data vMob collect/use in their campaigns suddenly available to Microsoft to use as they please.

But is that the reason? Surely there are privacy rules or something in place so that the data belongs and is usable my vMob only right? Well if so, maybe that would be a reason that Microsoft might want to buy our vMob; even if they somehow can use the data now it still would provide somewhat of a reason for them to want to buy vMob.

I speculate that the reason might be that Microsoft want to have a mobile advertising arm; I know that they would want one. I've pointed out before that Google have a gigantic one: Admob; that was incidentally acquired by Google in 2009 for $750 million USD.
    Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AdMob

Whatever the reason is, I think that Microsoft may well want to buy vMob, but they certainly need to start dominating for that to happen. The McDonalds stuff is fantastic, but they need to be announcing something just as great a lot more frequently than they are. The mobile and advertising market is moving fast and vMob need to be moving faster.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post
    I don't think the concept of MSFT buying out VML is too far fetched
    http://advertising.microsoft.com/en/mobile-advertising
    Through Microsoft, mobile advertising is precise and powerful, with the ability to target by demographics, location, device, and behavior across mobile devices like Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.
    So you're saying MSFT might want VMOB to fit into its current suite of mobile advertising options?

Not so far fetched I suppose - there is a gap amongst their existing products...

Haha, I wasn't aware of their presence there; thanks for that.
    Looks pretty bad - that page isn't even responsive. Nothing compared to AdMob.
    Why would they want to spend resources getting vMob sales rather than their own... what's it called? 'Mobile Advertising' seems to be the name.

Is the gap annoying push advertising?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post
    Haha, I wasn't aware of their presence there; thanks for that.
    Looks pretty bad - that page isn't even responsive. Nothing compared to AdMob.
    Why would they want to spend resources getting vMob sales rather than their own... what's it called? 'Mobile Advertising' seems to be the name.

Is the gap annoying push advertising?
    Yes, it is. Or rather, they don't seem to have anything that addresses the bricks-and-mortar issues faced by retailers.

If you read the MS case studies (the ice cream one is particularly telling) they trumpet (no pun) the advertising through Skype as a success because people discussed the ice cream with family and friends.

I'm sure for ice cream brands it would be much more effective to target vouchers at people...

In all fairness, VMOB could be much more effective at getting overweight Xbox players to get into the nearest Taco Bell than this: http://advertising.microsoft.com/en/...ell-case-study

Challenge

Taco Bell wanted to drive awareness and sales in Canada. Their goal was to reach their target customers and entice them to engage with the brand in unique ways.

Solution

A partnership with Xbox was the perfect way to reach the right consumers creatively and effectively. The Taco Bell team designed a Branded Destination Experience (BDE) on Xbox where gamers could:

• Locate a Taco Bell store.
    • Watch exclusive content (videos changed every week, and included a Halo 4 tie-in).
    • Download themes and avatar props.
    • Enter the ‘Get a Pin to Win’ sweepstakes.

Taco Bell also integrated Xbox games into their TV creative and ran online banner and video ads.

Results

The partnership proved to be a success. The overall campaign delivered 17.5 million impressions and garnered close to 44,000 entries. The time spent in the BDE averaged 3 minutes 16 seconds, which exceeds the Canadian average. Brand metrics saw improvement, and—most importantly—store visits in increased.

Microsoft also seem to tip their hat in the direction of targetting consumers and the hurdles of collecting data for that purpose.

While it may be a good fit for MSFT to add to their portfolio of advertising options, does that necessarily mean they want to buy VML?

I don't know, I've never associated Microsoft with any sort of advertising, they're definitely not big on it. Not compared to Google. Adsense is HUGE.
    They will probably start taking more share of the market because of Windows 10 being given away and hence the incentive to have a Microsoft mobile device.

Anyway, what do you think is the reason for them wanting to help vMob?