sharetrader
Page 151 of 689 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 6889
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post
    No, interesting that you guys are talking about it though, considering the mention of it (which I thought as odd) in the SSH notice:

"Details of transactions and events giving rise to ceasing of substantial holding
    Details of the transactions or other events requiring disclosure: As a result of on market sales,the issue of new ordinary shares by Vmob Group Limited and the consolidation of its capital on a ratio of 1 new share for 25 shares held Snakk Trustees Limited has ceased being a substantial security holder in Vmob Group Limited."

I think it's plausible they were left out of the last two placements by the board (after all, they did mention it was for "sophisticated" investors), and Snakk weren't happy about it so they've done their best to sabotage the efforts. Wouldn't surprise me.
    I think it's a valid observation that ceasing to be a substantial security holder has nothing to do with the share consolidation, so why they mentioned it in the announcement is a mystery.

The theories as to why Snakk are selling down are intriguing, they sure do evoke a lot of emotion amongst some shareholders!

Considering that they have no say on VMob's company business and no one can control what they do with their shareholding, there seems to be no point in worrying or wondering about what they do with their remaining 3.2m shares, or why they do it.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    I assume consolidation was mentioned to explain the huge reduction in numbers of shares. As pointed out, most of the fall is due to consolidatino and only about $200k worth is due to sales (which is about 2 weeks average turnover).
    Agree, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I think it's a valid observation that ceasing to be a substantial security holder has nothing to do with the share consolidation, so why they mentioned it in the announcement is a mystery.

The theories as to why Snakk are selling down are intriguing, they sure do evoke a lot of emotion amongst some shareholders!

Considering that they have no say on VMob's company business and no one can control what they do with their shareholding, there seems to be no point in worrying or wondering about what they do with their remaining 3.2m shares, or why they do it.
    BAA. Is it worth being aware of what snk trustees decide to do.
    As has been seen evidenced on other stocks, when they want out of a stock, they will make a large dump as quickly as they want and with no regard to the SP.
    It could put a lot of downward pressure on the SP as other traders hit their stops. The fact they have tactically gone below 5% means no more disclosure.
    4% dumped into this illiquid stock will not be a pretty sight.

Maybe his strategy is to sell off as they ASX list....

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by it-guy View Post
    Maybe his strategy is to sell off as they ASX list....
    Maybe it's already started having already sold about 653,724 shares.

Quote Originally Posted by axe
    BAA. Is it worth being aware of what snk trustees decide to do.
    As has been seen evidenced on other stocks, when they want out of a stock, they will make a large dump as quickly as they want and with no regard to the SP.
    It could put a lot of downward pressure on the SP as other traders hit their stops. The fact they have tactically gone below 5% means no more disclosure.
    4% dumped into this illiquid stock will not be a pretty sight.
    @axe I think I mentioned that I do make myself aware of what the large shareholders are doing by monitoring the top-20. I just don't worry about things I can't influence or change. In fact it's worked out pretty good for me being able to accumulate lower for longer and maintain a nice SP average.

Membaa

Is anyone considering an increase in the probability of an MS buyout with the tighter integration of VMob's solutions in to the Azure platform and the Mobile Engagement platform? The two company's are now inextricably linked. David and Goliath.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Is anyone considering an increase in the probability of an MS buyout with the tighter integration of VMob's solutions in to the Azure platform and the Mobile Engagement platform? The two company's are now inextricably linked. David and Goliath.
    I don't see it Baa, Vmob would get lost inside a big company like MS. MS is right now restructuring itself, in that environment a small loss making section would get the flick... big companies have silly rules durin g these periods to cut expenditure requiring you to get 20 signatures to get an airfare approved etc etc... better for Vmob to be owned by a Goog or FB. See Goog market cap jumped by 60 bil in one day ..... they could port their backend to goog eyes shut the real advantage is that MS can introduce them to big retail, Goog doesnt have the same relationships with IT dept that MS have.

Membaa

I don't see it Baa, Vmob would get lost inside a big company like MS. MS is right now restructuring itself, in that environment a small loss making section would get the flick... big companies have silly rules durin g these periods to cut expenditure requiring you to get 20 signatures to get an airfare approved etc etc... better for Vmob to be owned by a Goog or FB. See Goog market cap jumped by 60 bil in one day ..... they could port their backend to goog eyes shut the real advantage is that MS can introduce them to big retail, Goog doesnt have the same relationships with IT dept that MS have.
    You may be correct it-guy, time will tell whether VMob are in Microsoft's pocket but in any event it's a good backstop for shareholders knowing a buyout is a future possibility. VMob are on record saying they will look to diversify to other platforms, but I sense the MS wave of euphoria will sweep them along a single platform pathway.

In the shorter term I'm pretty excited about the NZD exchange rate falling against all currencies VMob are selling into, by my calculations there is an average 20% revenue upside on the table right now since the highs of the currencies of their customers.

Looking forward to the half year results!

I'd have to agree. Microsoft would look at VML the same way Xero looks at all the add-ons for their product.

You wouldn't expect Xero to be looking to buyout GEO would you.... which is the same type of scenario VML is to Microsoft.

Also if you go through the Azure website, they have hundreds of bolt-on services from external businesses. Azure is more focused on building a "hosting eco-system" to compete against Amazon. They then promote the best add-ons the same way Apple advertises some of the best apps on their iOS platform.

Incidentally VEND is about to get a global push by Apple for the upcoming iPad ads. 27 apps are being highlighted.

Membaa

Good points on the bouyout possibilities thanks for that.

What's your views on the forex effect?

"In the shorter term I'm pretty excited about the NZD exchange rate falling against all currencies VMob are selling into, by my calculations there is an average 20% revenue upside on the table right now since the highs of the currencies of their customers.