sharetrader
Page 152 of 689 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252652 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 6889

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Good points on the bouyout possibilities thanks for that.

What's your views on the forex effect?

"In the shorter term I'm pretty excited about the NZD exchange rate falling against all currencies VMob are selling into, by my calculations there is an average 20% revenue upside on the table right now since the highs of the currencies of their customers.
    I think it means nothing much relatively speaking; having a 20-30% boost to nothing means nothing but having it to a lot means a lot so for it to have much of an impact they really need to be growing the revenue, let's see another 1700% AMCR increase this year eh.....

"In the shorter term I'm pretty excited about the NZD exchange rate falling against all currencies VMob are selling into, by my calculations there is an average 20% revenue upside on the table right now since the highs of the currencies of their customers.
    The NZD they raised to spend and grow overseas is now getting 20% less right BAA?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by axe View Post
    The NZD they raised to spend and grow overseas is now getting 20% less right BAA?
    VMob's marketing agreement with Microsoft is funding headcount and sales in the US market, at least. The direct expenses will be mainly in Auckland with the new premises and growing staff was development is concentrated in NZ.

Did you buy in axe?

Provided that the majority of the headcount for VMOB is in NZ, I'd say the exchange rate could work in their favour. It really depends on how much revenue is generated ex-NZ.

I remember reading the Snakk revenue announcements when the exchange rate was high, that when the converted the revenue back to a lower exchange rate (to the rate when they first listed I think), it made a considerable difference. But 99% of their revenue was generated ex NZ.

VMOB has some pretty big local contracts, so at a stab maybe 25% of their income is local?? Do they break this out anywhere?? With the exchange rate where it is today, you would think this kind of information would be beneficial for investors.

When you look at the benefits of growth purely through the exchange rate, I guess you also need to look across the board to see what other businesses will get big upside. Diligent quickly comes to mind.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by it-guy View Post
    Meh. That was soooo last weeks news. Lol

... next thing you know they'll be announcing a new customer, or completion of the McD's USA rollout, or 7-Eleven rollout, or Korea.

... or maybe an ACMR update.

Nah that won't happen.

VMob's marketing agreement with Microsoft is funding headcount and sales in the US market, at least. The direct expenses will be mainly in Auckland with the new premises and growing staff was development is concentrated in NZ.

Did you buy in axe?
    No I did not buy in.....

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by axe View Post
    No I did not buy in.....
    Curiosity will want to literally kill the cat when VMob is $5 and you're still wondering. 🐱🔫 I know this is not your cup of tea but still good to have your outside view shared from time to time though, so don't stray too far away. When on the register it's all rose coloured lol. 😍

Gaynor just doesn't get it, putting vmob in this light

2nd half of article

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11486414
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Gaynor just doesn't get it, putting vmob in this light

2nd half of article

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11486414
    I dunno Winner - seems like the main purpose of the article is a very public question to the FMA to do something about Mr Sorenson. VML is ancillary.