sharetrader
Page 157 of 689 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257657 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 6883
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    I went to one of the VMOB presentations this week - included a senior guy from MS in Seattle. I don't know about acquisition, but they sure see VMOB as a pretty important tool for their Azure platform for big retail clients.
    Hey welcome McD, just wondering if you got any insights into how significant the MS partnership will be in terms of speed to market and volume sales? How bullish was the MS guy? TIA.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Worth trying but in my view, they should go to the NXT which is their natural home given their size - if NZX had launched it properly all these small caps wouldn't be trying to avoid it.
    The Chairman gave a good rationale for rejecting the NXT as a realistic option, by inference even more illiquid than the NZAX. It was only considered by them because of the technicalities of dual listing NAZX and ASX ... I would've thought that NZX might have thought about that before now.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if in the bright future of VMob that they never list on the ASX and end up on the NAZ eventually.

What do you think of the numbers Harvey, seems like excellent growth in past 4 months at 41% ACMR, plus unrealised ACMR still in the signed customers being implemented.

Guru

BaaBaa - no doubt the NXT is a absolute basket case and I understand why everyone is trying to avoid it.

Putting in the 1700% growth was highly misleading and a bit disappointing. The 41% is still impressive (given its only 4 months so over 100%pa) and as they point out, justifies a much higher EV/Revenue multiple, especially given the big names they have attracted. They obviously need more (big) clients as revenue will take a huge hit when they eventually lose the McD contract (nothing lasts forever).

The need a good strategic investor much like Xero has Theil etc (ie. someone willing to continue investing as higher valuations as they hit more milestones) as the continual need for more cash to fund the high growth puts constant downward pressure on the shareprice. Thats what they should be focusing on with the next private placement, not rich friends just wanting to get in at a discount and then sell out. Even a Milford/PIE/ACC/NZSuper would be good.

I'll have to give all that a good read but on the face of it it seems like they are saying that Sorensen is retarded.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post
    I'll have to give all that a good read but on the face of it it seems like they are saying that Sorensen is retarded.
    Definitely not retarded - unethical is a possibility - immoral also a maybe.....
    Last edited by Crackity; 12-08-2015 at 12:39 PM.

Banned

Thanks Baa_Baa. Sounded convincing to me. Clearly a close relationship with Scott who looks to be a class act. The MS guy was very pro VMob as a customer solution. I could easily see exponential growth, and think we have just seen the tipping point. Just my view.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity View Post
    Definitely not retarded - unethical is a possibility - immoral also maybe.....

i would recommend counting your fingers after shaking his hand should you meet him.....
    I hope you can't get sued for liable from this thread! Should we just say that VMob would be a better place without some legacy issues. I imagine the Chairman would be working on sorting them out. Strong signal at the meeting today.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Thanks Baa_Baa. Sounded convincing to me. Clearly a close relationship with Scott who looks to be a class act. The MS guy was very pro VMob as a customer solution. I could easily see exponential growth, and think we have just seen the tipping point. Just my view.
    No worries McD, we welcome your insights here. Post more often, keep us up to speed with what you see going on.

Scott sure has the relationship nouse doesn't he. He's formed an impressive relationship at the highest levels with MS, but I don't for a second think those MS guys would put their reputations, their core strategy, and their solutions on the line for anything less than a dead cert! There's no way the head of Azure would pick Scott to take the centre stage at the Global Business Partners conference without enormous confidence he's doing the right thing, for MS and VMob.

VMob have chinned a very high bar, above anything any other NZ Tech has achieved as far as I'm aware. This opens an almost incomprehensible opportunity, which we may be only seeing the beginnings of. Bodes well for shareholders, very well indeed.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Plutus View Post
    I hope you can't get sued for liable from this thread! Should we just say that VMob would be a better place without some legacy issues. I imagine the Chairman would be working on sorting them out. Strong signal at the meeting today.
    Hey Plutus, there's only a thin veneer between an anonymous handle and being outed.

Some might think a little more about whether it's a clever strategy to keep sticking the borax to a shareholder who is perfectly within their rights to buy or sell their shares whenever they choose to do so. It might not be convenient, but some may be relishing the opportunity to accumulate lower for longer.

So, I take it that you attended the AS meeting. I couldn't this time and am waiting for the video. What's your insights?

cheers
    BAA

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Plutus View Post

Lucky I sort of hedged my bets eh, BTW I believe you could possibly get sued for libel - seems to happen to HC every so often - fair comment is more or less ok though.....