sharetrader
Page 167 of 689 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267667 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 6889
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by axe View Post
    The best part of the video is @ 29:00. The technology is demonstrated in a live environment. There's a cool camera directly linked to the platform so it can change the digital display to match your age / gender / demographic. The platform is really accurate and recommends the children's novelty chips for the 43 Y/O male and a Happy meal for the 28 Y/O male.

Axe gonna buy some VML this week if the stars continue to align.
    6 terabytes of data and it doesn't suggest to an overweight 43yo male walking into a McD that he should supersize his combo - has to be a fail. The system shouldn't assume you are walking in with a kid, shouldn't it be sensing if there is a kid there?

Disc: Hold - did you hear how many end users they have in Japan!

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    6 terabytes of data and it doesn't suggest to an overweight 43yo male walking into a McD that he should supersize his combo - has to be a fail. The system shouldn't assume you are walking in with a kid, shouldn't it be sensing if there is a kid there?

Disc: Hold - did you hear how many end users they have in Japan!
    LoL ... very dry Harvey, maybe they could fine tune the marketing response to sell the larger guy a yummy McD's salad, a sugar free beverage and a free voucher for a dietician! Amazing to see how the facial recognition worked though isn't it. That's massive data being crunched in remarkably quick time, and personalised to one customer in millions. Incredible and it happens many thousands of times a day, every day.

And those Japan end user numbers are eye watering, imagine how that translates to McD's USA which should be near to completing implementation! Remember our earnings per million end-users I think we're going to hear some great results from the HY with heaps of promise for the future.

That and the vote of confidence from our newer large shareholders all bodes well for a slingshot move up in the share price (pun intended) on good news. I can almost feel the FOMO building. Even seem to have got the axe interested, at these prices I can understand why and have availed myself of a few more!

McDonalds Japan already had a McDonald's app in place so all users simply update their app to the McDonalds platform. By contrast that USA had no McDonalds app, so essentially McDonalds and cmob are building the user base from zero. I also understand that mcdonalds USA has now rolled out so number need to build.

I also think hick the build may be a little slower gopiven the comparison of Japan which is incredibly tech savvy vs usa which might lag behind somewhat.

Personally I'd like to see Vmob secure some more significant clients from. A range of enterprises to demonstrate diversity of application say a hotel group, supermarket chains, car rental, airlines, etc.oh and Esso on a global contract.

2015 was supposed to be the landmark year for Vmob. They seem like a coiled spring, but the talk to date has not been matched by the walk.

Yet i i hold the faith. I'm not selling and I'm not accumulating. Just sitting tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Personally I'd like to see Vmob secure some more significant clients from. A range of enterprises to demonstrate diversity of application say a hotel group, supermarket chains, car rental, airlines, etc.oh and Esso on a global contract.

2015 was supposed to be the landmark year for Vmob. They seem like a coiled spring, but the talk to date has not been matched by the walk.

Yet i i hold the faith. I'm not selling and I'm not accumulating. Just sitting tight.
    What most people seem to forget is that companies need to have an app before they can use VML's API's.

Apps are a considerable expense in their own right. Then you have VML's fee's on top of that.

On the flipside.... VML's stocks could go up now that Apple is letting Adblockers onto iOS. Advertising to find customers or promote deals just got a lot harder.

VML in my mind is a 5 year play. In fact they are so far ahead of the retail industry, the only companies they can sell to are those at the innovative end of retailing (ie McDonalds, Ikea, etc).

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cobber View Post
    What most people seem to forget is that companies need to have an app before they can use VML's API's.
    Everyone (big multi national that is) has an app these days dont they?

The biggest issue is creating a reason for users to download the App in the first place. Targeted value add ad's would be one - especially if I dont actively have to use it as the deal is pushed to me at the right time.

Membaa

The ambition is inspiring, here's Scott our CEO imagining the future of VMob achieving the 'Netflix of retail'. Seems a long way off with the SP wallowing around at the cornerstone investor levels however therein lies the opportunity, buying the global disruptor of retail marketing at bargain basement prices. http://theregister.co.nz/opinion/201...netflix-retail

Membaa

An interesting and encouraging report from PWC http://www.pwc.com/gx/en/advisory-se...urvey-2015.pdf This report illustrates that the business outcomes company CEO's are focused on (page 7), and the Retail & Consumer sector well advanced in Digital IQ (page 10), are right in the sweet spot for VMob's solutions.

AXE didn't buy VML... yet. Axe threw some fingers at a fally knife elsewhere. But do not fret VMLers. Still watching. There are probably some big things to come through before Xmas.

Um I appreciate that there has only been one small trade this morning - but VMob has risen 7 cents or 20.59%. I suspect this is a trade almost in error - but maybe there is another reason. Does anyone know of any rumours?