sharetrader
Page 173 of 687 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273673 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 6868

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Who resigned today?
    Sorry, it is not today. It is at the end of this year.

"VMob Group Limited (VMob) is pleased to announce the appointment of Stephen
    Davies to the role of Chief Financial Officer. Stephen will commence his
    role early in the New Year, with Steve Allan, current Chief Financial
    Officer, leaving the business at the end of this year."

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by allanatnz View Post
    Sorry, it is not today. It is at the end of this year.

"VMob Group Limited (VMob) is pleased to announce the appointment of Stephen
    Davies to the role of Chief Financial Officer. Stephen will commence his
    role early in the New Year, with Steve Allan, current Chief Financial
    Officer, leaving the business at the end of this year."
    No worries, Steve Allen actually resigned in July, it was announced 24 July and although he was due to leave earlier he agreed to stay on for a while longer, presumably until a replacement was found. Steve has been a delight to deal with, I can't speak highly enough of his excellent shareholder relations. I wish him well on his next adventure. Stephen takes over as CFO shortly.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by allanatnz View Post
    Another odd is the second half year is silent. No major announcement, compared with the first half year. Not a good feeling. Anyway, hold it!
    Do you mean no major announcements in the last two months? Even then, the last new customer was IKEA in July, so I guess you're correct that it's been a long time since we've heard anything about new customers. Winning major awards like being named Microsoft business partner of the year (amongst others) etc, which exposes VMob to untold opportunity has filled the gap somewhat.

There has also been a lot of distractions, like the capital raising with no time limit and the ASX listing cancelled and deferred to an NZX listing. Then even that NZX listing got stuck with criteria like the pre-defined market cap within a timeframe. So there's been all this noise for months which is distracting for the company and shareholders.

What gives confidence in spite of all of this is the massively reduced holdings of a former shareholder whom some maligned openly on this forum. And a closely related Director has resigned as well. But better than that, there has been significant shareholdings taken during this period of relative quiet by some outstanding names with excellent credentials, topped off recently with a new Director with impeccable cred.

As you say ... "Anyway, hold it!"

BAA

The last 6 months from VML have been very quiet on the most important front. No new big clients... (yet

The lack of leverage through the relationship with MSFT is underwhelming.
    The inability to follow through with announced ASX listing has driven negative sentiment.
    The 6 month chart is in a downtrend. Speculators will be looking elsewhere.
    There is upcoming dilution as VMOB will need to raise capital. Not great for current holders unless they want to throw more money in to avoid dilution.

The good news is that if VML can add 2-3 more big name clients the SP should respond accordingly.

Attachment 7748

Guru

No worries, Steve Allen actually resigned in July, it was announced 24 July and although he was due to leave earlier he agreed to stay on for a while longer, presumably until a replacement was found. Steve has been a delight to deal with, I can't speak highly enough of his excellent shareholder relations. I wish him well on his next adventure. Stephen takes over as CFO shortly.
    Would you care to elaborate on your connection to this company Baa? I'm not sure too many CFO's would have direct dealings and "excellent shareholder relations" with shareholders. You obviously carry a flag for the company which is obviously your perogative, but if there is something more you should really disclose it. You have rightly or wrongly given me at least, the impression you have a reason to be beating the drum more than the average shareholder.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Would you care to elaborate on your connection to this company Baa? I'm not sure too many CFO's would have direct dealings and "excellent shareholder relations" with shareholders. You obviously carry a flag for the company which is obviously your perogative, but if there is something more you should really disclose it. You have rightly or wrongly given me at least, the impression you have a reason to be beating the drum more than the average shareholder.
    Sure I don't mind, as I've said a number of times before I am a shareholder and have no other association with VMob or knowledge of the company that is not in the public domain. All listed companies have obligations to their shareholders, for example providing the share register when requested and that is the extent of my dealings in this instance.

As for "beating the drum", well it's been said a lot less politely, but you are right that I have reason, in fact I have accumulated and hold large number of reasons. I want VMob to be extremely successful and am happy to advocate, share my research and views.

BAA

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by axe View Post
    The last 6 months from VML have been very quiet on the most important front. No new big clients... (yet

The lack of leverage through the relationship with MSFT is underwhelming.
    The inability to follow through with announced ASX listing has driven negative sentiment.
    The 6 month chart is in a downtrend. Speculators will be looking elsewhere.
    There is upcoming dilution as VMOB will need to raise capital. Not great for current holders unless they want to throw more money in to avoid dilution.

The good news is that if VML can add 2-3 more big name clients the SP should respond accordingly.

Attachment 7748
    Technically axe, the down trend stopped around September and the share price settled into a Basing Formation, where supply = demand and the share price fluctuates in a narrow price range.

A base formation following a share price decline is usually taken as a good sign, though that does assume good news follows. Arguably speculators would be looking at VML as a low-downside risk entry at these prices, with potential for significant upside. On the contrary view, the good news that has been announced for the most part has been ignored, for example IKEA a new customer barely moved the share price which was then was sold in to.

The base forming has been at and slightly under the current capital raise at .34 which has been going on for some time now and is open ended, there's no surprises expected about further capital raising beyond the current process. Not as obvious to many will be the parallel sell down of a very substantial shareholder, which in reality will have sucked up 3-3.5m existing shares that otherwise would have been issued in the CR. In my view most shareholders don't care too much about dilution as they don't hold enough stock for it to be particularly meaningful.

Your point about lack of leverage with MSFT is only partly true. VMob plainly said that MSFT invested in the company to accelerate the product development which we have seen a lot of reference to, but will probably go over most people heads as it's very technical. I agree that it would be good to see some new customers that can be directly attributed to the MSFT association.

BAA

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Ill second Steve Allen as being very approachable and helpful. A real credit to the company who dealings with shareholders and investors made him instrumental in raising necessary capital for ongoing operations, expansion etc.

Technically axe, the down trend stopped around September and the share price settled into a Basing Formation, where supply = demand and the share price fluctuates in a narrow price range.

A base formation following a share price decline is usually taken as a good sign, though that does assume good news follows. Arguably speculators would be looking at VML as a low-downside risk entry at these prices, with potential for significant upside. On the contrary view, the good news that has been announced for the most part has been ignored, for example IKEA a new customer barely moved the share price which was then was sold in to.

The base forming has been at and slightly under the current capital raise at .34 which has been going on for some time now and is open ended, there's no surprises expected about further capital raising beyond the current process. Not as obvious to many will be the parallel sell down of a very substantial shareholder, which in reality will have sucked up 3-3.5m existing shares that otherwise would have been issued in the CR. In my view most shareholders don't care too much about dilution as they don't hold enough stock for it to be particularly meaningful.

Your point about lack of leverage with MSFT is only partly true. VMob plainly said that MSFT invested in the company to accelerate the product development which we have seen a lot of reference to, but will probably go over most people heads as it's very technical. I agree that it would be good to see some new customers that can be directly attributed to the MSFT association.

BAA
    I'm really interested in what the 6 month report will show.

I'm expecting costs to increase significantly.

I get the feeling no new "large" contracts have been signed up as we would have heard by now. IKEA is simply a 5 month test for a few stores from memory.

So my expectation is VML will be going through some growing pains.... perhaps the time its taking to get some 6 month financials is that they are going to overwhelm us with more stats to demonstrate their big data capabilities.

Either way, they have great technology.... but ramping up staff to do these integrations takes time. So costs will increase for both salaries and the new HQ which is all USD.

Flip side to all this.... exchange rate is favourable to NZD.

So we have question marks all over the place, hence a 6 month report to give the picture some more clarity.

I'm picking the shareprice will decrease over the coming months. But this is also a potential opportunity to accumulate.

In my view most shareholders don't care too much about dilution as they don't hold enough stock for it to be particularly meaningful.

BAA

I have a differing view on how percentages work but we can go over that another time.

VML just needs to land 2-3 big name clients early in the new year, raise capital and migrate to the NZX. If they can do that (and hit 40mill MCAP) before 31/3/16 the future is very bright indeed.

However if they are relegated to the NXT exchange it may not be as rosey.

"Accordingly, NZX has decided to approve VMob's listing on the NZX Main Board
    subject to VMob satisfying the following conditions precedent to listing:
    (a) VMob successfully completes the private placement to raise $5 million, as
    announced to the market on 8 September 2015; and
    (b) VMob attains a market capitalisation of at least $40 million, by no later
    than 31 March 2016." from VML: Proposed Move to Main Board Delayed 17/09/2015 17:20