sharetrader
Page 179 of 689 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279679 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 6889
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Cobber View Post
    [...] And the leading company in this space is NOT vMob.... its Urban Airship. (https://www.urbanairship.com/) who have funding to the tune of $76m including Peter Thiel.
    @Cobber would you share your views on who you think VMob competitors are and your rationale for why Urban is the "leading company in this space". Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Anyone who does business with McD will tell you that they are hard to make any money out of. Very competitive process to win a contract.

Watch and learn.
    I don't think that would be true in this case, if VMob are adding as much value to McD as they claim.

Anyone can provide fries or beef at the lowest price but not everyone can provide whatever VMob provides. Also, if anyone else can provide what VMob provides, it would come with significant switching costs too for McD to change over.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    oops - an extra zero by mistake. my point was the 10x multiple doesn't apply all the time, only when growth is high.

Plenty of room for more than 1 play in the market. We are talking about every retail and food chain being a target.
    Actually that is an incorrect statement as well.

Only retailers who have invested in an app can utilise the technology.

This is why McDonalds US has been so slow.... they didn't have an app.... and when they did, it takes time for the user base to download it and use it.

Membaa

Interesting post from VMob's Head of Engineering, for the technically minded. Gives a better perspective on the VMob platform focus on big data. http://blog.vmob.com/2015/12/vmob-da...en-with-azure/

Membaa

Actually that is an incorrect statement as well.

Only retailers who have invested in an app can utilise the technology.

This is why McDonalds US has been so slow.... they didn't have an app.... and when they did, it takes time for the user base to download it and use it.
    But now they have an App, it's no use to McD's without VMob doing the data collection, analysis, reporting of marketing campaigns behind it. Fortunately McD's do now have an App. If Japan is anything to go by with 20m App downloads and being the second largest McD's but less than a quarter of USA, maybe we'll see 80m App downloads in America. That's a lot of data to crunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    @Cobber would you share your views on who you think VMob competitors are and your rationale for why Urban is the "leading company in this space". Thanks.
    "Urban Airship bills itself as the leading mobile engagement platform — and our research bears that out. This particular study spans 3,000 apps in use by 500 million users who were sent 100 billion push notifications throughout 2014, so it’s an extremely comprehensive overview of mobile user engagement and opt-in rates."

http://insight.venturebeat.com/report/mobile-marketing-automation-how-most-successful-apps-drive-massive-engagement-monetization

I think this is why vMob have quickly moved their HQ to the US. But their going to need some serious funding if they want to be relevant.

But now they have an App, it's no use to McD's without VMob doing the data collection, analysis, reporting of marketing campaigns behind it. Fortunately McD's do now have an App. If Japan is anything to go by with 20m App downloads and being the second largest McD's but less than a quarter of USA, maybe we'll see 80m App downloads in America. That's a lot of data to crunch.
    I made that response to Harvey's comment :

"Plenty of room for more than 1 play in the market. We are talking about every retail and food chain being a target."

In terms of 80m app downloads for America.... its extremely optimistic to expect 25% of all Americans to download and consistently use a McDonalds app.

I think you're starting to make up stats for the sake of it to justify vMob having a much higher valuation.

Membaa

"Urban Airship bills itself as the leading mobile engagement platform — and our research bears that out. This particular study spans 3,000 apps in use by 500 million users who were sent 100 billion push notifications throughout 2014, so it’s an extremely comprehensive overview of mobile user engagement and opt-in rates."

http://insight.venturebeat.com/report/mobile-marketing-automation-how-most-successful-apps-drive-massive-engagement-monetization

I think this is why vMob have quickly moved their HQ to the US. But their going to need some serious funding if they want to be relevant.
    Thanks, that quote from a April'15 VB article "Urban Airship bills itself as the leading mobile engagement platform", cleverly links to a Dec'8 2015 article promoting the comprehensive report (go figure) ... sadly can't afford the linked report at $799 and not sure if VMob were even included in the report. The bit about "report on vendor market share: who's winning, and who's poised to make huge moves" would be interesting.

Membaa

I made that response to Harvey's comment :

"Plenty of room for more than 1 play in the market. We are talking about every retail and food chain being a target."

In terms of 80m app downloads for America.... its extremely optimistic to expect 25% of all Americans to download and consistently use a McDonalds app.

I think you're starting to make up stats for the sake of it to justify vMob having a much higher valuation.

Not making up stats Cobber, just extrapolating. Sure am only guessing obviously, I'm not trying to justify anything, just multiplied Japans 20mn+ downloads by the USA McD's stores to reflect the different population size. Nothing more.

.. ps and it's you that just introduced the notion of "consistently use" .. I was talking about downloads. Don't put words in my mouth.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 14-12-2015 at 06:03 PM.

Not making up stats Cobber, just extrapolating. Sure am only guessing obviously, I'm not trying to justify anything, just multiplied Japans 20mn+ downloads by the USA McD's stores to reflect the different population size. Nothing more.

.. ps and it's you that just introduced the notion of "consistently use" .. I was talking about downloads. Don't put words in my mouth.
    Seen it all before - a small player gets a McD or equivalent contract, crows about it and then, finds to its cost that it spends more servicing and maintaining the contract than it can charge the big M.

Ouch!

The grey hair on my head is shaking with my head.