sharetrader
Page 188 of 687 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 6868
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshiva View Post
    I'm afraid there is some truth in what balance says. VMob's success will always be discounted because of the poor quality corporate history. Shame really
    If one chooses to live in the past, with a chip on both shoulders, there may be some truth to that, but Vmob the company that exists today in the code VML has absolutely no responsibility or relationship to the history. Even the initiators of the reverse listing are gone or mostly gone if one chose to do their research.

Some who are more enlightened might see that VMob have moved from start-up to high-growth, with $4.8m ACMR HY16 and forecast $10m ACMR 6-9 months from HY16 reporting date. In a burgeoning market.

The even more enlightened will see how closely Revenue lags ACMR. They may also see the relevance of being 'the #1 business partner' of Microsoft Global in the Azure space, with the marketing scale and scope that brings.

The insightful will know who has been selling into the rise to .52 and capitalising on their gains from prior to the end of the CR. Those who don't know clearly don't do their research.

Vmob has bright future, it is the only tech on the NZX that is either making huge business gains and/or is not lumbered by overly exuberant expectations.

Whoever got the .35 - .38's ... well done, even if it's a very very (minnow sized) tiny fraction of the MC. As for us accumulators and long holds, we probably like these depressed prices as much as you do.

Banned

This is looking very unhealthy, price wise.

i worry that this is the kind of company that might have a chance in a bull market (unlike Snakk, Lateral and GeoOP which are hopeless IMO), but will struggle in a bear market if it wants to raise money.

I fear the worst.
    Last edited by Yeshiva; 11-02-2016 at 01:12 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

Vmob has bright future, it is the only tech on the NZX that is either making huge business gains and/or is not lumbered by overly exuberant expectations.
    Nonsense, have you not heard of Pushpay? They are growing enormously fast and are well capitalised, they appear to have little trouble raising tens of millions of dollars while VMob struggles to raise a couple of million.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshiva View Post
    Nonsense, have you not heard of Pushpay? They are growing enormously fast and are well capitalised, they appear to have little trouble raising tens of millions of dollars while VMob struggles to raise a couple of million.
    PAY is suffering the over-exhuberance right now, has been since mid Oct, but that's not for this thread.

Speaking of nonsense, VMob did not "struggle to raise a couple of million", they successfully raised over $5million and if you care to look you will see that those investors are major institutions and some very astute sophisticated investors. On that count alone I'm happy to follow the money.

Are you in VML Yeshiva? If you are and you fear the worst, then maybe there's better options for you, but if you're not in VML then your fear and post here is disingenuous.

Membaa

I would just re-iterate for the punters that the T20 is very stable, still has close to 60% of the company. Not much happening on VML other than a couple of traders playing around. Clearly some traders have done well lately, most of which don't see a need to brag about it. I wish them luck, they create accumulating opportunities for the patient.

Banned

Sorry BaaBaa, you aren't convincing me.

VML announced they would raise $5m at their AGM in mid August. It was raised in two or three tranches of a couple of million in different stages, they didn't raise it all at once. They closed the round on December 23. So four months to raise $5m across multiple tranches is not very impressive, and $5m doesn't go very far when your CEO and other staff locate to San Francisco. It's hugely expensive for NZ companies to migrate to the USA and I think that $5m won't last very long at all.

It is telling that you choose to only consider a tech company's price over a four month period. If one considers the performance of both Pushpay and VMob over 2 years, the story is much different. One investor has made 7 times their money, the other has probably stood still or even gone backwards.

Vmobs recent ACMR growth is impressive and a hopeful sign, but they are weakly capitalised and that is why I think they will struggle to raise more capital in a changing environment for tech stocks.

I would just re-iterate for the punters that the T20 is very stable, still has close to 60% of the company. Not much happening on VML other than a couple of traders playing around. Clearly some traders have done well lately, most of which don't see a need to brag about it. I wish them luck, they create accumulating opportunities for the patient.
    I remember the same thing was said of Snakk - great buying and accumulating opportunities as the backdoor boys sold out.

Notice the huge volumes done in the months after VML backdoored in 2013? Plenty done at over $1.00 and those accumulating punters are still 'patiently' waiting.

The backdoor boys were laughing all the way to the Porsche showroom to collect their playthings.

Humbug. Rhubarb. Hogwash.
    Last edited by Balance; 12-02-2016 at 10:25 AM.

@Cobber what the SP should or shouldn't be will always be speculation for a high growth pre-profit company, perhaps we can agree on that. I'm sure there are those that would like to see the SP back @40 cps since they may feel they are missing this train.
    This train came back to the station in a big hurry - changing passengers? After all, plenty of stock placed at 34c being systematically and strategically sold on market to ensure nobody misses this train to nowhere.

BTW, this train has a HUGE backdoor - easier for those who are making the real money upfront via cheap shares to exit while those who 'missed out' buy off them at high prices as they come in (attracted by the promises of bountiful food and drinks) through the side doors?
    Last edited by Balance; 12-02-2016 at 07:53 AM.

Wish VML share price would improve - killing me in stocktastic.

Maybe a takeover would be the best outcome - but dogs usually have to put some runs on the board to attract real money men.

Balance seems to sum VML up to a tee.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wish VML share price would improve - killing me in stocktastic.

Maybe a takeover would be the best outcome - but dogs usually have to put some runs on the board to attract real money men.

Balance seems to sum VML up to a tee.
    Listening to a chip on both shoulders, one who tars all brushes the same simply because of a reverse listing, does not "sum up VML to a tee". Astute investors would inform themselves of the facts before suggesting canine characteristics.

• VML has nothing to do with the history of the shell it inhabited.
    • The initiators are gone, largely gone or inhibited, sure they made a profit, big deal, that's why they took the big risks, good on them and good riddance as well.
    • Vmob is held 60% by the Top20, comprising astute investors and insto's. Perhaps you're one of them, fess up.
    • The company has shifted from pure startup to high-growth, in a burgeoning market of incomprehensible scale and scope.
    • Forecast ACMR is $10m from HY reporting, an increase of over 100%.
    • A new global customer is noted, but you'd have to read the latest announcement very carefully to see that.
    • VMob are so deep into Microsoft's core platform fabric, there's no way they would let them fail.
    • Microsoft are independently advertising, marketing and selling Vmob to their global customers.
    • A takeover will always be on the cards, which is better than being unloved.
    • The future is very bright indeed.

No one cares about your Stocktastic performance and just like last year, this year VML spiked right in the week preceding closing of entries, so we're all stuffed in that respect.

BAA