sharetrader
Page 191 of 687 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 6868

Quote Originally Posted by Cobber View Post
    haha!! I was trying to work out where this Compass press release was.... only to find its hidden down in a sub blurb of a boring old PR blurb.

Trying to join dots at this level shows a bit of desperation.
    Looks like the market has wised up to the pump and dump.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Looks like the market has wised up to the pump and dump.
    Does it? .

Quote Originally Posted by sommelier View Post
    Does it? .
    Yup.

The 'volume' on the bid side dried up fairly quickly post the sp jump when some selling emerged.

Previously you would have seen punters sucked in like reef fishes to a free feed (to be speared) - this time I think we are seeing a pumping and dumping exercise by the connivers.

[edited by STMOD]
    Last edited by STMOD; 18-02-2016 at 01:21 PM. Reason: removed offensive language

Given how much more 'volume' was traded during the 'pump' than the 'dump' I'd suggest the 'connivers' did a really bad job.

1,492,054 Dec 29 to Jan 26 (29 day period - la belle epoque)

658,343 Jan 27 to Feb 18 (23 day period - 830,192 if you extend the daily average out to a 29 day period - les miserables epoque)

I'm not saying that there aren't any unscrupulous investors that are profiting enormously from the losses of all the mom+dads on sharetrader right now. How the hell would I know?

I am saying that behind the rhetoric of bad similes you are finding false evidence to support a premise of your tiresome argument. And after a while some of us readers start to question a conclusion based on weak premises.
    Last edited by sommelier; 18-02-2016 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Punctuation.

Quote Originally Posted by sommelier View Post
    Given how much more 'volume' was traded during the 'pump' than the 'dump' I'd suggest the 'connivers' did a really bad job.

1,492,054 Dec 29 to Jan 26 (29 day period - la belle epoque)

658,343 Jan 27 to Feb 18 (23 day period - 830,192 if you extend the daily average out to a 29 day period - les miserables epoque)

I'm not saying that there aren't any unscrupulous investors that are profiting enormously from the losses of all the mom+dads on sharetrader right now. How the hell would I know?

I am saying that behind the rhetoric of bad similes you are finding false evidence to support a premise of your tiresome argument. And after a while some of us readers start to question a conclusion based on weak premises.
    Proving precisely the point - the market has wised up to the pump and sell to the dumb.

Thanks for your help in verifying that point.

Membaa

Here's what VMob are doing with 7-Eleven service stations in Australia. "New 7-Eleven app to help you find cheap petrol" https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watc...country/#page1

Here's the "Good Call" App http://www.7eleven.com.au/fuel-app
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 04-03-2016 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Add the app link

Good spotting BaaBaa . Interesting application. Layer on top of the Vmob technology and other special offers and then across the global seven-11 network and this could be a successful application. Interesting to not that it was at Mobil petrol stations. Also remember that Esso and Mobil are part of the same organisation. And up in one of the Nordic countries Esso is a client of Vmob, but not one we have heard Much from is recent times
    Last edited by Monty; 04-03-2016 at 09:27 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Good spotting BaaBaa . Interesting application. Layer on top of the Vmob technology and other special offers and then across the global seven-11 network and this could be a successful application. Interesting to not that it was at Mobil petrol stations. Also remember that Esso and Mobil are part of the same organisation. And up in one of the Nordic countries Esso is a client of Vmob, but not one we have heard Mapuche from is recent times
    You may be right Monty, there is a striking similarity in the 7-Eleven fuel App 'Find our Best Local Price' (search and find 7-Eleven fuel stores with best local price) ... and the other Esso, Exxon, Mobil Fuel Finder Apps.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....fuelfinder_nz Mobil NZ App
    http://corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/c...7-2c905eaa3dbd Exxon and Mobil USA
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...elfinder&hl=en Esso Fuel Finder App UK (includes Norway).

Membaa

This is the 7-Eleven Media Release http://www.7eleven.com.au/media-cent...orld-first-app

I like the bit about "After a rigorous five month pilot involving all 628 stores across Australia including customer testing and feedback, the app was officially launched on the 3rd March."

That should bump the ACMR a bit and assuming it's successful delivering ROI similar to the McDonalds Apps, set a benchmark for 7-Eleven worldwide ... VMob's "land and expand" strategy. Possibly Esso/Exxon/Mobil as well, given that 7-Eleven are a Mobil fuel franchise.

http://nrn.com/marketing/mcdonald-s-...oyalty-program

Looks good! I like the quote about the App downloads exceeding expectations.

"Yet Andres said that McDonald’s new loyalty program would be “more robust,” and would be linked to consumer purchases, based perhaps on the number of visits customers make to the chain’s restaurants every month. Customers would likely have a limited time to take advantage of whatever deals the company offers through the program.Such a move would be consistent with McDonald’s oft-stated belief in recent months that it needs to use technology to communicate more directly with customers.
    Andres noted, for instance, that a loyalty program could entice customers to come in after they’ve been absent for a while. McDonald’s could use information it has on those customers’ buying habits to do the convincing."

Looking at the commentary it appears Macca's hasn't even begun to leverage the customer base and this bodes well for VMob as they are hinting at contextual offerings...