sharetrader
Page 202 of 689 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 6889
    Membaa

VMob / Plexure Head Office is in San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Eh - is that what PleXXXure say they are going to do?
    Will be news to the market.
    Attachment 8168
    Attachment 8167

Attachment 8166

the notice of resignation was labelled (https://www.nzx.com/companies/VML/announcements/285645)"Change of Senior Manager"

Using the word "change" implies that there is a replacement in place - ( eg: someone left and someone has replaced them. )
    This is not a change in Senior Manager - that is a resignation and should be correctly labelled as such.

Now we can only speculate as to why Stephen Davies resigned- there were no reasons given at all in the announcement.

here is an example from SKC - very similar format but correctly labelled as a resignation also a reason for leaving was given.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/SKC/announcements/285701
    Last edited by axe; 14-07-2016 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    VMob / Plexure Head Office is in San Francisco.

Attachment 8168
    Attachment 8167

Attachment 8166
    Finance function is going to be shifted to US is what I query.

Will be a big step up in costs to run finance and admin function from US.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    [Entire reply deleted by appalled STMOD]
    Baa Baa - Vmob or more appropriately, backdoor listed PleXXXure along with its sister company from the same stable, Snakk will be subjected to greater skepticism and scrutiny simply because they were brought to the market when there was hype which allowed them to backdoor list.

Very unsatisfactory to have 3 CFOs in less than 2 years - better explanation from company is required but please do not hold your breath.

If it has only recently been decided to base the finance unit in SF, then a likely underlying issue for Stephen will have been obtaining a work visa. It's almost impossible, unless you have worked outside of the USA for the parent company for a continuous 12 months prior to entry, or you are Australian. Stephen is not an Australian. There are green card options (again, nearly impossible to obtain on a timely basis) or the Company needs to prove to Immigration that no-one already resident in the USA can fill the role. I personally have been through this process. The pragmatic outcome was, and is usually, a parting of the ways.

Seems like deja vu, all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    If it has only recently been decided to base the finance unit in SF, then a likely underlying issue for Stephen will have been obtaining a work visa. It's almost impossible, unless you have worked outside of the USA for the parent company for a continuous 12 months prior to entry, or you are Australian. Stephen is not an Australian. There are green card options (again, nearly impossible to obtain on a timely basis) or the Company needs to prove to Immigration that no-one already resident in the USA can fill the role. I personally have been through this process. The pragmatic outcome was, and is usually, a parting of the ways.

Then why not tell that as part of the release?? It would have stopped a lot of speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobber View Post
    Then why not tell that as part of the release?? It would have stopped a lot of speculation.
    Because that is not the reason?

CFOs leaving any company in quick succession - not a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobber View Post
    Lol, my comment is speculation, not fact, and is possibly shedding the brightest light on the matter

The dimmest light has already been vocalised by Balance
    Last edited by Xerof; 15-07-2016 at 11:32 AM.

Lol, my comment is speculation, not fact, and is possibly shedding the brightest light on the matter

The dimmest light has already been vocalised by Balance
    I learnt a very hard lesson in my early years of investing that one must take careful heed of senior management changes.

Can be for good or can be for bad.

This just doesn't make sense to me. If they really are basing the finance unit in SF, why didn't they think about this when they were hiring Stephen. They only hired him in February! Five months ago.

And if the visa really is the problem, can they not wait another 7 months and then apply for the visa?

I feel like any way I look at the visa situation, it makes VMob look incompetent if true. Hire a CFO and then drastically change the working conditions a few months later?

It seems much more likely to me that the hire just hasn't worked out (for whatever reason).