sharetrader
Page 206 of 208 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208 LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 4150
  1. #4101
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    hamilton
    Posts
    674

    Default

    yes , ahh no, i mean , for goodness sake please stay on topic. we will be moderated, always drink your french champagne in moderation, that should be the Jane message.

  2. #4102
    One Fearsome Feline winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    27,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    yes , ahh no, i mean , for goodness sake please stay on topic. we will be moderated, always drink your french champagne in moderation, that should be the Jane message.
    You having a champagne breakfast or something
    “What the wise man does in the beginning, the fool does in the end”

  3. #4103
    Member Checkmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Hey guys and girls, does anyone have an idea what analysts if any cover Plexure? Had a look through Craig’s, Forsyth, FNZC etc and there’s absolutely nothing.

  4. #4104
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Different thinking
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    Hey guys and girls, does anyone have an idea what analysts if any cover Plexure? Had a look through Craig’s, Forsyth, FNZC etc and there’s absolutely nothing.
    Suspect it's way too small for them (yet). I recall talking to a broker years ago and he said ATM never even entered their radar till it was over $4.00 (by then I was about 800% up.)

    Those of us who like small cap stocks thrive on brokers ignorance.

    That said the reason PLX is courting ASX listing is to change brokers perceptions and us small people will hopefully enjoy the ride.
    Last edited by Left field; 16-10-2020 at 10:33 AM.

  5. #4105
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Suspect it's way too small for them (yet). I recall talking to a broker years ago and he said ATM never even entered their radar till it was over $4.00 (by then I was about 800% up.)

    Those of us who like small cap stocks thrive on brokers ignorance.

    That said the reason PLX is courting ASX listing is to change brokers perceptions and us small people will hopefully enjoy the ride.
    Hey LeftField that sounds in line with what Jim Slater recommends on his book The Zulu Principle (thanks to Percy).

    The summary of the principle is the one below, but unsure if applies to PLX:

    A low PEG (price-earnings ratio relative to the growth rate) below, say, 0.75
    A prospective price-earnings ratio of not less than 20 – “the preferred range for a P/E is 10-20 with forecast growth rates of 15-30%”. He is wary where growth exceeds these levels, as that sort of growth rate is usually unsustainable.
    Strong cash flow per share in excess of earnings per share (EPS), both for the last reported year and for the five-year average.
    Strong financial liquidity evidenced by positive cash or gearing below 50%, although exceptions are made where a stock is unusually cash generative or there are pending asset sales.

    Would you mind commenting on this please?.

  6. #4106
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Different thinking
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    Hey LeftField that sounds in line with what Jim Slater recommends on his book The Zulu Principle (thanks to Percy).

    The summary of the principle is the one below, but unsure if applies to PLX:

    A low PEG (price-earnings ratio relative to the growth rate) below, say, 0.75
    A prospective price-earnings ratio of not less than 20 – “the preferred range for a P/E is 10-20 with forecast growth rates of 15-30%”. He is wary where growth exceeds these levels, as that sort of growth rate is usually unsustainable.
    Strong cash flow per share in excess of earnings per share (EPS), both for the last reported year and for the five-year average.
    Strong financial liquidity evidenced by positive cash or gearing below 50%, although exceptions are made where a stock is unusually cash generative or there are pending asset sales.

    Would you mind commenting on this please?.
    Mauro, you are on target. I am a big fan of Jim Slater's investment strategies and they have worked exceptionally well for me.

    As to the specific measures he mentions, I will leave them to you to make your own judgement. Suffice it to say that IMO they are guides.... not rules.

    In essence I look for small cap NZ companies (with international growth potential) that are close to turning profitability and have shown above av earnings growth. Look at companies such as PLX, PEB, BLT, and IKE and you get the idea. ATM has been my best success and still accounts for approx 50% of my portfolio (as JS also say's.... let your successes run.)

    FWIW I have held PLX from 17.5c but traded up big time when the McD announcement was made. I'm currently up 350% on my av SP which provides me a useful protective moat. If you are thinking of investing at todays SP you need to make your own decisions.
    Last edited by Left field; 16-10-2020 at 07:47 PM.

  7. #4107
    learning to see in the dark
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    Hey guys and girls, does anyone have an idea what analysts if any cover Plexure? Had a look through Craig’s, Forsyth, FNZC etc and there’s absolutely nothing.
    https://simplywall.st/stocks/nz/soft...e-group-shares

    Not a site a recommend but sometimes useful insights, and some of the charts are snackable.

  8. #4108
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Mauro, you are on target. I am a big fan of Jim Slater's investment strategies and they have worked exceptionally well for me.

    As to the specific measures he mentions, I will leave them to you to make your own judgement. Suffice it to say that IMO they are guides.... not rules.

    In essence I look for small cap NZ companies (with international growth potential) that are close to turning profitability and have shown above av earnings growth. Look at companies such as PLX, PEB, BLT, and IKE and you get the idea. ATM has been my best success and still accounts for approx 50% of my portfolio (as JS also say's.... let your successes run.)

    FWIW I have held PLX from 17.5c but traded up big time when the McD announcement was made. I'm currently up 350% on my av SP which provides me a useful protective moat. If you are thinking of investing at todays SP you need to make your own decisions.
    Thank you very much for your comments it helps and I see your point. If you don't mind I might send you a pm with a couple of questions.

  9. #4109
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Mauro, you are on target. I am a big fan of Jim Slater's investment strategies and they have worked exceptionally well for me.

    As to the specific measures he mentions, I will leave them to you to make your own judgement. Suffice it to say that IMO they are guides.... not rules.

    In essence I look for small cap NZ companies (with international growth potential) that are close to turning profitability and have shown above av earnings growth. Look at companies such as PLX, PEB, BLT, and IKE and you get the idea. ATM has been my best success and still accounts for approx 50% of my portfolio (as JS also say's.... let your successes run.)

    FWIW I have held PLX from 17.5c but traded up big time when the McD announcement was made. I'm currently up 350% on my av SP which provides me a useful protective moat. If you are thinking of investing at todays SP you need to make your own decisions.
    Interesting to hear his son Mark.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqoQGKEFJxs

  10. #4110

  11. #4111
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Just checked the metadata for the ASX page... seems to indicate 17th of Oct...
    "<meta name="created" content="2020-10-17T06:18:03+11:00">"

    Not sure if that's to do with this specific PLX page on the ASX, or the overall ASX website template.
    Last edited by CamNZ; 21-10-2020 at 10:55 AM.

  12. #4112
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wandering Free
    Posts
    816

    Default

    Probably related to PLX - Pyrolyx AG which delisted on 31-Aug-20.

    Plexure is not [yet] in the list of upcoming listings.
    om mani peme hum

  13. #4113
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Probably related to PLX - Pyrolyx AG which delisted on 31-Aug-20.

    Plexure is not [yet] in the list of upcoming listings.
    Ok thanks.

  14. #4114
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    43

    Default

    This sure is taking a long time. So much for end of Sept early October

  15. #4115
    Member Checkmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Plexure sure is quiet at the moment, no posts on LinkedIn for about a week...
    Must be in a quiet period while getting ready to announce listing.

  16. #4116
    Member Checkmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    93

    Default

    If anyone missed craig on the tech opps webinar the other day I recorded it.
    Last edited by Checkmate; 23-10-2020 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Video link

  17. #4117
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    If anyone missed craig on the tech opps webinar the other day I recorded it.
    Thanks! You're a star

  18. #4118
    Investor
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    If anyone missed craig on the tech opps webinar the other day I recorded it.
    Thanks for the link, very informative piece.

  19. #4119
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Different thinking
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    Thanks for posting the video Checkmate. Fabulous to see this company making such gains for its clients. Augers well for the future.

  20. #4120
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default

    The fact that there has been no new release and Craig is having to drum up support at an asx conference doesn't bode all that well.
    A number of ipos coming for australian brokers to choose from currently too.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •