sharetrader
Page 64 of 687 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164564 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace D View Post
    Careful Klid, the last post of mine you are showing, is actually Robbo24's quote, which I made reference to…..probably why you are confused?

WD
    Ok sorry haha I must be going nuts. Deleted!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Your Karma ran over his Dogma already WD, but he'll be back as soon as he see's another scalp on his charts.

Meanwhile I've doubled down on VML these past two days and loving it!

BAA
    It's been an interesting couple of days…..what has surprised me is just how much puffery appeared and then disappeared on the bid side of the screen……interesting what certain people will do to make money????

I genuinely hope I have contributed to some new people becoming more aware of this company, as I posted earlier, I myself prefer to buy when things are quiet…..very quiet actually.

It is noted that it's not the companies/ directors/ employee's fault the SP get's slammed around from time to time, nothing to do with their credibility, in fact I am sure they are probably busy working away preparing the next update, and are appreciative for all the activity in the last few days, awareness is the first step in changing outcomes.

Vmob is probably the first step in changing a lot of retailers balance sheets…….lot's of retailers……and lot's more retailers!

Hand on heart as a newbie, I will never talk up or down a stock for my own benefit. I trade the ASX, where huge volumes go through every day, where skill nets results.

Admittedly, I have been a bit distracted the last couple of day's, so I will only respond to genuine posts in the future.

DYOR, keep learning, and the rewards will come.

Cheers

Wallace D
    Last edited by Wallace D; 24-03-2015 at 02:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STMOD View Post
    Will you all just grow up.
    Sorry STMOD, I have posted a post without seeing this notice of yours. Very new at this, please delete if you feel it is inappropriate, I spent a lot of time posting pertinent information, hope some of that was useful.

Cheers,

Wallace D

You don't need to have a stop loss to make money on the market

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    You don't need to have a stop loss to make money on the market
    That's exactly right - you need a stop loss to avoid losing money on the market

Unless you subscribe to the literal words of Peter Lynch, in which case sitting on a paperloss for eternity is fine as long as you wear a smile

A trailing stop-loss seems a better idea but it's not available on the ANZ site (Old Direct Broking). Anyone know of an i/net broker who has it available?
    "The opposite of courage is conformity" - Rollo May

“Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable.” - John F. Kennedy

Banned

QUOTE=robbo24;565042]That's exactly right - you need a stop loss to avoid losing money on the market

Unless you subscribe to the literal words of Peter Lynch, in which case sitting on a paperloss for eternity is fine as long as you wear a smile [/QUOTE]
    Im very used to your last sentence however i have also lost money unecessarily using a stoploss( Im talking good sized amounts) by panic selling only to see the price exceed my buy in price within two weeks of selling so its a double edged sword.( I dont bother using stoplosses any more would rather let time do its work first before losing money with a stop loss but each to their own)

No you don't. I'm doing perfectly fine without them. If you are a day trader that's a different story but I wouldn't recommend doing that on the NZX

I use a mobile application for Android called "stocks" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ockspyod&hl=en)
    You can set alerts at certain price points - of course it is 20 mins delayed and then you have to act manually - but it's definitely useful.
    The alert is just a notification, like a text message or something.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    That's exactly right - you need a stop loss to avoid losing money on the market

Unless you subscribe to the literal words of Peter Lynch, in which case sitting on a paperloss for eternity is fine as long as you wear a smile

Don't quite understand what your saying, most the people who have bought the last couple of days, are probably retail investors…..are you saying just because some traders decide to crash the price, they should have stop losses in place so they can immediately lose money?

That's exactly why Peter Lynch discourages Stop losses, if someone has done their homework, I can't see the relevance myself.

This debate should be moved to a strategy discussion Thread, hardly about the companies merits or developments.

Most I hope would have done their research and decided they like the story and are happy with their investment for more than 2 day's ??

Kind regards,

Wallace D
    Last edited by Wallace D; 24-03-2015 at 03:55 PM.