sharetrader
Page 81 of 689 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181581 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace D View Post
    You have actually said a couple of useful things today, I am in shock really…
    I say useful things every day. You just don't seem to understand.

I am constant as the northern star,
    Of whose true-fix'd and resting quality
    There is no fellow in the firmament.

Julius Caesar (III, i, 60 – 62)

I think you guys are getting a little wound up on constitution and voting rights. reality is that Scott B holds all the cards and with his significant holding he makes the decisions. To date I have had total faith is his ability to drive the company in the right direction and unlock access to the massive potential. I have just looked back over the investor presentation from December 2014 that is available through the NZX website. I have read it many times but here is the kicker
    Large Enterprise(SaaS)
    Large Enterprise(Transaction)

Set up fee $50-$250,000
    License fee per store $25 - $50 / month / store
    Push Message Fee $16 / 1000
    Redemption fee $0.10 per transaction

Minimum 12 month
    commitment but target 3yr+
    Services Fees

Additional services such as
    strategy, build, data,
    analytics priced as
    additional items to core contract)

The number are staggering when you look at it in the context of McDonalds contract. in particular the fees per store - that is monthly people. Im guessing at least 20,000 stores will be hooked up by the end of 2015-16 year made up from the Nordic Countries, Netherlands, England, Japan and USA. that is $500,000 per month people from that single income source. then add in the push messages. According to the newspaper report over the weekend there are 20m people signed up in Japan already. That means each push message is worth 1.6 cents. lets say of those 20m people in japan just 10% receive one message per month. That is nearly $400,000 per annum. of course if 50% get a message per month then that is $160,000 per month, or $2m per annum. That is just Japan. and that is just McDonalds. Last year without the full roll out of the Japan McDonalds Contract the ACMR was notified as $2.43m to 31 March 2015. I think this will be exceeded.

Lets add in Europe, USA and the rest of Asia and you start to really think the McDonalds contract is massive beyond comprehension. And that is just one contract. Japan represents less that 10% of McDonalds Global. USA McDonalds is 5 x bigger than Japan. What happens when other significant organisations sign up with VMob. (as no doubt there will be soon if you read between the lines of the presentations, and the advertising of new sales staff pointed out yesterday this is definitely a company that is on the up swing.

My shareholding is sadly too small to make any difference in respect of impact on voting. If I have a question, I am fortunate that I can ask Scott Bradley at any of the regular presentations he makes. I may not get an answer due to commercial and compliance reasons, but at least we have the opportunity to ask.

sorry for long post - I hope it is helpful
    Disclosure - I have reached my target holding and now wait to see how things unfold
    Last edited by Monty; 14-04-2015 at 12:13 PM.

The answer to that big question you keep on asking. Scot told Phil at the last Board meeting

. The same answer that Monty will get from extrapolating all those numbers he posted

(Apologies to my mate cartoonist Tom for bastardising one of his fantastic cartoons
    Last edited by winner69; 14-04-2015 at 12:37 PM.

I love the cartoon. Probably right.

and in the absence of published numbers and financials my extrapolation is based on assumptions and plenty of them. But then again I have been purchasing my modest shares based on trust and attending investor presentations. Put it this way. Vmob is working in an emerging sector and has had great success to date.

I expect big things.

I invest knowing it is speculative, but I undertake as much research as I can as my money is hard earned. I don't see VMob going down the gurgler given its contracts. The company only has a capitalisation of circa $30m. What company has an established global supply contract with McDonalds and is only worth $30m? - Note - VMob is not yet what I would call an established supplier of McDonalds - but that will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    lets say of those 20m people in japan just 10% receive one message per month. That is nearly $400,000 per annum. of course if 50% get a message per month then that is $160,000 per month, or $2m per annum. That is just Japan. and that is just McDonalds. Last year without the full roll out of the Japan McDonalds Contract the ACMR was notified as $2.43m to 31 March 2015. I think this will be exceeded.
    I receive emails and things trying to sell me stuff all the time. Even mailing lists I intentionally and meaningfully signed up for. I ignore 99.9999% of them. What makes vMob any darn different?

*Cue links to the VMob SIRENS AND FLASHING LIGHTS WONDER-BLOG*

P.S. Lol winner69 cartoon
    Last edited by robbo24; 14-04-2015 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    I receive emails and things trying to sell me stuff all the time. Even mailing lists I intentionally and meaningfully signed up for. I ignore 99.9999% of them. What makes vMob any darn different?

*Cue links to the VMob SIRENS AND FLASHING LIGHTS WONDER-BLOG*

P.S. Lol winner69 cartoon
    You might ignore 99.99% of emails trying to sell you stuff robbo but the trick with VMob is slightly different. People sign up to the app. the offers they receive are targeted based on a large variety of data and therefore relevant to their life. Its not for everyone, and their model is not based on 100% of customers using the app. There are wide marketing implication in this age of information overload. Vmob seek to be a bit different to stand out.

Redemption of vouchers is one of 3-4 potential income streams for VMob. The evidence suggests that the VMob formula is working. Hence why I have invested. If you think the Vmob model does not work or does not have any application then please rush off and buy some other shares.

I'm really trying to work out what your problem is. we get you don't like VMob. But yet you hang around this thread constantly putting down the company. Do you somehow delight in being so negative?

Redemption of vouchers is one of 3-4 potential income streams for VMob. The evidence suggests that the VMob formula is working. Hence why I have invested. If you think the Vmob model does not work or does not have any application then please rush off and buy some other shares.
    Robbo's Top 5 - Things about VMob that aren't new:

1) Targeted advertising
    2) Vouchers
    3) Mobile phone app
    4) SAAS
    5) Uses an internet server (probably always going to be Microsoft based)

Not to mention, my Top 5 have even been together in the past and used by McDonalds.

I wonder how the international roll-out of Kazasu went? They had a big McDonald's diagram and plan too Maybe VMob used it as inspiration?

Just remember - VMob could be the next Monorail!

According to the newspaper report over the weekend there are 20m people signed up in Japan already.
    Does this number include, or exclude, the 16.5m people who downloaded Kazasu Coupon up to October 2013?

See this video at 0:31 seconds in.

LOL - how come these types of things are never included when VMob discuss their big contracts?

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Free Macdonalds for people who already love Macdonalds enough to download their app? Offers based on huge amounts of data relating to your specific online actions? - (above and beyond traditional CRM, and not just based on plonking your email on to a news letter). Location based alerts to your mobile that arrive around about the time you usually buy Macdonalds or when you are nearby one? (instead of alongside all those annoying emails you don't want when you are sitting down checking you emails looking for the important ones). I mean how many mobile alerts do you get at present from a store just around the corner, offering you a tailored discount on that day? I receive none and I would be surprised if anyone does - which means if only 1 app is offering it to me i am more likely to take it, as it is not inside a mountain of other offers. Of course when everyone is using such intuitive apps it may become a hassle - but for now I imagine Macdonalds and Vmob are going to cream it. And when they do - a lot more customers are going to be throwing their wallets at Vmob.

Membaa

Don't get distracted by a 2008 incarnation of mobile voucher technologies, or a mobile wallet/payments platform, neither have anything do with VMob's solutions for McDonalds.