sharetrader
Page 532 of 689 FirstFirst ... 32432482522528529530531532533534535536542582632 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,320 of 6889

McDonald's first-ever U.S. loyalty program will launch nationwide on July 8.
    Fast-food chains are looking to rewards programs to hold onto the digital customers the companies gained during the pandemic.
    McDonald's is also looking to use the loyalty program to add a personal touch to the customer experience.

PLX is trying to carve out a niche in CRM, and the market is mind boggling huge. Just look at Salesforce’s revenue rising from US$21 billion in 2021 to US$ 26 billion in 2022… huge bucks in these cloud based Filofaxes. Can PLX do it? Reckon if they land a couple of decent contracts, might be the next Salesforce acquisition, fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    McDonald's first-ever U.S. loyalty program will launch nationwide on July 8.
    Fast-food chains are looking to rewards programs to hold onto the digital customers the companies gained during the pandemic.
    McDonald's is also looking to use the loyalty program to add a personal touch to the customer experience.
    This news is interesting. It makes me wonder If Plexure has involved in this program. If so, this could be a potential opportunity for Plexure to convert its contract with McDonald from site base to usage base.

Here is another news earlier this year about MCD's loyalty program.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/03/mcdo...-program-.html

The snippet below from the news makes me wonder more whether Pleasure has involved.

The loyalty program is one part of the company’s new “MyMcDonald’s” platform, which ties together its various tech investments, like its app and digital menu boards, and make it easier for customers to order and pay for their food. Like many other restaurant chains, the coronavirus pandemic has led to a surge in McDonald’s digital orders, further accelerating the trend that was in place before the crisis.
    Last edited by zs_cecil; 23-06-2021 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zs_cecil View Post
    This news is interesting. It makes me wonder If Plexure has involved in this program. If so, this could be a potential opportunity for Plexure to convert its contract with McDonald from site base to usage base.

Here is another news earlier this year about MCD's loyalty program.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/03/mcdo...-program-.html

The snippet below from the news makes me wonder more whether Pleasure has involved.
    this is interesting, wonder if we can work out who is providing the platform and service to them?
    Any other loyalty programs start with “my” and then the company names? From dynamic yield or Plexure? Hmmm

The fast-food giant has successful rewards programs in other countries, like France, but this is the closest it’s come to bringing one to its home market.

I think plexure signed most of Europe countries include France

Outside thinking.

Forgive me but I thought the current PX1/McD agreement was limited to Japan and excluded USA?

I would have thought that if PX1 is driving the MacD's loyalty launch in the USA, then this info would be materially significant to PX1 holders and announced accordingly??

The fact that PX1 is silent is a concern..... hope I'm proved wrong.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 24-06-2021 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    ....I would have thought that if PX1 is driving the MacD's loyalty launch in the USA, then this info would be materially significant to PX1 holders and announced accordingly....

I would have thought that if PX1 is not driving the MacD's loyalty launch in the USA, then this info would be materially significant to PX1 holders and announced accordingly

Membaa

Forgive me but I thought the current PX1/McD agreement was limited to Japan and excluded USA?

I would have thought that if PX1 is driving the MacD's loyalty launch in the USA, then this info would be materially significant to PX1 holders and announced accordingly??

The fact that PX1 is silent is a concern..... hope I'm proved wrong.
    Plexure say they work "with McDonalds in 63 markets around the world". My understanding is that the USA is not one of them.

This information about MyMcDonalds loyalty app exploring loyalty, personalisation and mobile pay, was first broadcast in November last year as McD's announced they were beginning testing (with quite a lot of USA stores). It was further updated in the Media during February 2021.

Since then, the testing has concluded apparently and they're going live across the USA stores with MyMcDonalds.

I would expected to have heard back in November, or latest February, if Plexure were working with McD's USA to integrate Loyalty, Personalisation and Mobile Pay ... which they didn't announce.

Conceivably it could be Plexure underlying technology and they did not announce due to sensitivity to McD's testing programme and the potential that it did not go any further. If so a Plexure announce could happen soon now that McD's have announced.

However, I seriously doubt that Plexure has any role in the MyMcDonalds USA rollout. Happy to be pleasantly surprised, but I am not expecting it at all.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    ...... I seriously doubt that Plexure has any role in the MyMcDonalds USA rollout. Happy to be pleasantly surprised, but I am not expecting it at all.
    My thinking too.

My thinking too.
    Don't you think that would seriously undermine Plexure's credibility? It would undermine it with me. What are they if their tech offering isn't an easy sell to their cornerstone shareholder and largest customer?